Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Also why don't people actually do the mechanics? "Kill this orb to take away power from the harpy!" We could have had those orbs dead in seconds if more than a single person had attacked them!

glad to see that no matter what trion does the game stays the same :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

They did all the dragons and now are making us do a recycled version of Hammerknell (all my old HK achievements got pushed to the Feats of Strength tab and got replaced by the exact same achievements for the "new" version)

Greenscale (Life) - Greenscales Blight, Level 50 Tier 1 raid
Akylios (Water) - Hammerknell, Level 50 Tier 2 raid
Laethys (Earth) - Infernal Dawn, Level 50 Tier 3 raid
Maelforge (Fire) - Infernal Dawn, Level 50 Tier 3 raid
Crucia (Air) - Frozen Tempest, Level 60 Tier 1 raid
Regulos (Death) - Endless Eclipse, Level 60 Tier 1 raid

This is only okay if they have crucia be bugged for a month or two in the new version.

Oh wait I hear crucia was bugged but it was "okay" :allears:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Annath posted:

FF14 still costs money, right?

I'm curious as to how goddamn bad this game must be to make people so angry despite being free.

I was in the best guild in the game at the time before I quit. We tested their content for them.

They didn't fix half the problems we found before launch and then launched with 3 more bugs on top of somehow releasing the boss with like 60% of the hp it was supposed to have.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Leveling is boring. If you are interested in making numbers go up you can play a minigame that is literally making numbers go up (haha aren't we so clever???).

Endgame used to be interesting but then Trion made a bunch of weird/bad decisions and welp.

Hey don't insult clicker heroes that game is amazing.

When is trion making a card game out of their IP though? I want to play Telara Heroes w/ my Akylios deck and can't wait to lose to Architect Tribal

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 26, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

they recycled an entire raid tier from vanilla for their second expansion

which one rofl

the only good things they added in an expansion were defilers and harbingers imo.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 10, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Hammerknell and Gilded Prophecy are the current tier's raids. At least they didn't do DH again? :shrug:

that's what people really want a third dh :v:

I don't think I ever got the entrance right after they put the second one in.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Droid Washington posted:

Well it seems no one else is playing this... but I just came back for the first time since launch. My name is Tumben, a level 15 cleric on Seastone.

A few questions though. What do I do with planarite? Is it a vendor I spend it at, and where are they?

Is Oracle a decent soul? I'm currently running Oracle with a few points in Warden and Inquisitor.

Oracle was overpowered as hell on release.

Like, bard but also a competitive dps.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

I'm still mad about that and I don't even play anymore.

Oh also instead of healing you did shielding so no overhealing ahahahahaha.

At least rogues got their revenge by getting the best healing spec.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
literally the only time i will agree w/ thunderbro on something regarding mmos

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Realistically if you want wow-like mmo gameplay wow is the place to be.

FFXIV has ok encounters but that gcd makes me want to kill myself.

RIP wildstar.

Comedy option: DFO is a lot of fun.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So someone linked me that Apotheosys quit with a pretty dramatic post.

Who's even left raiding now?

EDIT: Read the post, pretty glad I never tried picking up Nightmare Tide :rip:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

LordNat posted:

Pubs mostly. The rage quit to WoW has cascaded most of the rest of the raiding guilds to quit as well. The only end game raiding guild left is that one with the Devs in it from what I can tell.

Honestly I am insanely happy I came back to the game in time to watch this go down. It has been kind of an amazing ride to actively watch a game die in a matter of weeks.

Afaik Rekt(or whatever it's called now, i.e. the "Guild with Devs" that I know of) was the merger of Trinity and Vendetta, so in my mind there were only maybe 2-3 "hardcore" NA guilds left anyway.

And I didn't even know who was still raiding in EU aside from Apotheosys. Apotheosys clerics were really good at theorycraft though.

The unkillable stuff isn't really new, it's a huge matter of flaming though. We napkinned like 2 bosses to be almost-unkillable in bis previous tier gear at release time when we quit and Trion basically hasn't believed that to be a problem for like, the last 2 years.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 4, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Blacula posted:

I don't really see how the latest drama is going to make the game die.

Even if I take everything in the quit video/post at face value, what do I learn? Bleeding edge raiders face challenges other than ingame content. Doesn't affect me.

The situation should be used as a constructive force, to push for bugfixes and better testing. Anything else is petty dickwaving.

I mean, if you ask me, I don't think anything's changed since I quit aside from an exodus of good players and a consolidation of players who i recognized as good back then (just took a look at Trinity's roster and I recognize like, every Cleric in their section from the time I quit, for example). On the other hand if you look at kill times between NA and Europe there's a distinct lack of parity on the top end in North America from 1.5+ years ago, and the progression density is even worse when compared to early storm legion and before.

I'm always hopeful that trion manages to keep quality players incoming but the pattern that a lot of us observed was that the influx of players was never going to meet the flow of good players quitting the game for reasons not necessarily tied to the game and to a lot of guilds that's enough to call a game dead.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I miss that time we all raided as drunk fairies.

If only that instance scaled up to 20 people.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm playing WoW as a filthy alliance player and I think Vandee was playing wow with some goons on mal'ganis. I actually met tsu in person earlier this month that was pretty fun.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I have a summoner but I'm considering resubbing and leveling up a dragoon to play after I inevitably ragequit diablo 3 trying to roll ancient rings/neck if my guild starts doing one night mythic clears.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I thought about playing devilian (it looked ok to play) but it was too close to season 5 of d3 and I'm playing that until ascendancy in poe and/or I finish my 24 set dungeon masteries this season.

Devilian feels like wildstar for casuals to me.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Arae posted:

Rift was never a min/max stat grind and I doubt anyone cares that you don't wear a pair.

Hey I don't know about never but once they got rid of every incentive for people to wait to raid, sure.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
still laughing at rift was never a minmax stats game

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
wait so baseline gameplay features were moved to patron only?

and we thought it was bad enough that the only way to get Rapid Assault Planebreaker Bastion was to skip trash by using cash shop items.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Soon you will only be able to get the flaring power buff if you are a patron.

Debuff doesn't reset until you pay 100 credits.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
are there actually people who still play this game

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I do think that rift still has a better dressup system than wow does.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
for most of the things i miss about DPS cleric, shamans fit the bill pretty well

lightning bolt / lava burst -> earthshock / fulminate is basically Bolts in inquisitor
enhancement shamans are not a lot like shamans in rift but at least they capture the feel of hitting people with magical hammers

and you get to do less dps than everyone else until the devs finally hotfix your numbers like 4 times :toot:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
no probably the caduceus rise version cuz solo healing grugonim :eyepop:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Farg posted:

I remember raiding with goonfolk and looking up to papa tsu, the big dick rogue with all the expensive bullshit that I never could be arsed to grind. Or was that zones? Anyways I got set of Relic weapons so I think I beat rift

Any stragglers should come to FFXIV. Drunk Weeping City runs where everyone throws their hands in the air and shouts WHEEE whenever mechanics happen are good

I went drinking with tsu when he came up to new york and this is actually exactly what he is like irl.

(WoW is pretty good too but I don't raid with goons :v:)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Annath posted:

I've tried FFXIV a few times, but the aesthetic is kind of off-putting for some reason I can't really articulate. I guess its the character designs? The elves and onion-hobbits are especially disturbing.

Um that is where you are wrong because the best races are in fact Elezen and Lalafell, respectively.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i was told that dragoons have like ogcd cc abilities that also do damage and this bothers me, as someone who would probably be a dragoon player now if I kept playing

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
well why would they make raids for a game that drove away all of its raiders

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
did i mention i met tsu back in january and we reminisced about this dead game over some beer

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
to be fair most of the top end players were going "this is an awful idea" or "i have so much gold that i can basically be a whale through REX" so gently caress people who wanted the sub model to go away

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm really curious what the playerbase of rift is like any more. Last I knew about rift Ahov himself sent me a message about playing in legion but I haven't seen him on bnet in months :rip:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I always felt like a big problem with the game was how buggy all the raids were and their loose stance on punishing exploiters but I think a lot of it was that they were never prepared to deal with the inevitable trickle-out of subscribers from launch/storm legion and went too hard on trying to cash in immediately on the F2P conversion.

Also I look back on chat between top guilds from around Storm Legion's first tier (didn't play really competitively before that) and we were all pretty lovely to each other.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Vanilla was pretty good when I started at least although I hear it used to be really hard to farm for shoes.

Also they should leave in the ~mathematically impossible~ version of akylios :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember that for Akylios because by the time we killed akylios everyone was just burning out of the game but I do remember something about that for the Greenscale legendary hammer.

Mostly because that was the guy who told me to start playing in the first place and then he transferred off.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread