Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So I checked if I was eligible for the raptr rewards before actually installing the client - it registered my playtime through steam. :smug: Now my warrior looks ridiculous.

Fake Edit: That's only at level 42.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So I played around a bit more and found out that my helmet turns black some times and looks even more badass.

Then I somehow found a way to do this..

Look ma! No hands!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Doh004 posted:

Is anyone else leveling 50-60? Questing by myself is boring :(

I'd love to, though I'm not going to be on for another hour to hour and a half. I'm 53 at the moment so we can go do pvp dailies or city core or the second zone after the kingdom place if you like.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I want a ghost pony. I will be there to kill things and get a ghost pony. Ghost ponies rule.

Only bad thing is I just bought my bear atv, so I could have waited a day and got a 110% free. I really should think ahead because I knew that we'd be doing it.

I don't think you do based on last nights run through that green place raid (Greenblight? I think?), but do you earn experience, whether planar or normal in these raids?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

It's honestly starting to sound like the f2p model is completely p2w. I really, really hope they stay cosmetic with it. I haven't researched the switch much at all, so I'm not sure how in-depth they've already made it so I hope they have the time to rectify this horrible decision.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

So now that I'm 60 on my warrior (first 60 woo!), I think since the tanking spots are full I'm going to go dps or support (really my only other two options). Any idea what you guys would need more in a raiding sense of terms?

As for the dps spec, it seems I'll have to dedicate some time to researching it. Right now my combat moves are combined in 4 macros as a warlord/champ spec so this'll be tough to switch over.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Well I made a nice mage one! The other classes need to step up and follow my example :colbert:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kenny Rogers posted:

50-60 is not a Leveling Spec For New Players. :colbert:

Except for the fact that it's completely viable for 10-50 as well.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

erazure posted:

Hey, Riser here. My 30 days from the Raptr giveaway expired, so I'm probably out til F2P hits.

Hey woah, we were supposed to do things together now that I'm 60. Way to blow it off Riser!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Made a bard alt, can I get an invite for Raitoed please?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Keshik posted:

I wanna express my thanks to Vandee, Amory, Mouretsu, and Chelm for carrying me through a few experts tonight. :)

Umm excuse me I helped too. Remember? I had to earlier than normal last night because my connection kept dropping but I should be on all day today after 11am EST (Maybe 11:30?) so if you want to queue we can do it then.

I really need to start a tanking set. It would make gearing so much faster.

Edit: Wait, you're Kesi right? I hope I'm right or I'll sound ridiculous.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 30, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Chelm and I tried to run an expert when we ran into this fine fellow. Apparently the reason we kept wiping on General Grim (Second boss in Exodus of the Storm Queen) wasn't because the boss was bugged, but rather because I decided that I wanted to smoke some illegal substances. GJ pubbies.

Also, he had a bow that costs 15,000 platinum (maybe even more??) and he decided to only upgrade it with +32 Attack Power (What a nerd!). I'll see if I can get a screenshot. Probably too late though.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 2, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Isn't Auroral Rage Runeshard (+32 AP) the best enchant for ranged weapons there is?

I don't know, other people thought it was funny so it must have been pretty dumb. I don't actually pay any attention to dps meters or rotations ro any of that crap so I'm just relaying other people's comments really.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Raysere posted:

God damnit Kreczor can't you even make fun of pubbies properly? The reason the bow is bad is because he used the wrong augment to craft it with. Also it's 15,000 platinum not 1500. :downsbravo:

Well poo poo, no I can't. I expect you to do that for me. He put me on ignore almost immediately so it's not like I could have done any better.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I finally maxed out my rep with the Karthan Ridge people, and now I have to grind 4800 conquest tokens. Now, I've only been in conquest a few times and it seems like this grind is really, really tedious. Are there any ways to speed up the token gain, or anywhere else I can buy that upgrade token for the trinket?

As for planar attunment, I reset it so I could max fire and death since I'm now using 1h weapons. What should I pickup next? Should I just hop from tree to tree grabbing the extra planar charges first?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Other than winning more and doing your daily every day/your weeklies every week, nope. And no, the upgrade is only from 4800 tokens.

Yes, it sucks rear end. If you're willing to wait until 2.3 and have gotten a trinket drop in experts, you can upgrade those with the Marauder's Large Cell (39 expert marks).

Hmm, I guess it's time to find out where the warrior dps trinket drops from. Asm you were right, we need a working, up-to-date rift wiki.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Expert Archive of Flesh, from Ahzrius. (for melee DPS, at least)

The one dungeon where I hate 3/5 of the bosses. Woe is me, why archive of flesh. Welp, time to put that on farm in between conquest matches.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

The mage formerly in my guild who ran it 19 times in less than a week would like to disagree. I think the trick is to get 4 people to manually queue it and random queue at exactly the same time but he wanted his scalpel so badly.

Also how are there 3 bosses to dislike in archive? Archive has some of the coolest flavor ever plus you get to fight Murdantix i mean Tzul.

I mean, I love the 3rd and last boss of the dungeon, those mechanics are great. The second boss isn't so bad either what with the eating of his own creations or whatnot. The first boss is horrible since no tank seems to know what to do, and the fourth is, as vandee put it so nicely, :catdrugs:.

I don't mind running it, and it might finally give me a reason to nail down my tempest rotation since I never seem to want to learn it in a real boss situation. I feel like I'm just complaining for the sake of it so I'll shut up about my stupid problems. On that note, I haven't been reading a lot of the information on the f2p change. For those of us who still want to subscribe to RIFT, is that still possible? Or is it that I would just have to "purchase a patron pass" every month? Is there a big infodump I can go read about this? The F2P page on their site doesn't give all the info I'm looking for.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Just got the Raptr pet code. I don't really like pets all that much so.... email me at kreczor@gmail if you want to discuss maybe trading it for something in-game or if I'm feeling generous I may just hand it out.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I guess no one wants the Raptr pet. One last shot, if no one emails me by midnight tomorrow I'll just use it for myself. Or e-bay, I wonder how much these go for.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

There was a afternoon(US)/Euro group last year which went well but then finals week happened, one raid had to be cancelled and the next week there none planned. When inquired about, the answer was "None of you Euros show up to raids. Ever." with some more thinly veiled nationalism and personal insults thrown in.

What's stopping you guys from just forming the raid yourselves?

Raptr code is gone.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

Because all Europeans quit after not so subtly being told to gently caress off and restarted on European server/quit altogether because their character is stuck on the American one Goonsquad's afternoon runs were the only reason they even had a character there.

Okay, so you're depending on the same people that supposedly made fun of you? I don't entirely understand what you're saying here.

If you want to roll on the EU server then do it...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Pruney posted:

Yeah you can level pretty fast in PvP and if you chose a good class for PvP, it's very fun.

I got my Warrior to 50 and he is useless as gently caress in PvP, I tried a Mage out and went Pyro, everytime I went into a PvP match I absolutely wrecked, so fun.

Regarding your warrior, go a riftblade or warlord spec and watch everyone around you cry. At that level there's no insane bonus to pvp ability defence so your aoes do tons of damage and you're literally a wrecking ball.

The leveling spec I mentioned awhile ago is perfect for this. You may want to go champ too since corned beef is seriously overpowered to groups of enemies.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Keshik posted:

Is 20-man raiding going to happen tonight? If not, is there any chance of my getting into the 10-man tomorrow night?

Dude, as long as you have >400 hit it won't be a problem to get in the 10-man. I'm sure some of us can PUG the 20s since the others want to go with the other guild for progression reasons/loot.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deimos posted:

If you have 420+ hit with at most 2 runes quote this post and put yourself on this list: (add class and role you can fill)

1. Hedonism (cleric, tank)
  2. Kreczor (Warrior, dps)

If we have enough of you scrubs I'll run you through the 10 man on Thursday 6pm server time, and hopefully ~5 people from the core raid group joins me so we don't fail too miserably.

Caveat: if we wipe more than once to the first boss we're aborting.

I...think I have 420 hit.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Keshik posted:

Thanks Vandee, I talked to Tsu when the servers came up and he sent me to the Generally Good website, so I am now the 25th or something person on the wait-list.

What?! I'm not even on that list! Where is it?!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

I literally dropped like 300 spellspun silk in there (JUNK) a few weeks ago are those all gone @_@.

Let me check my other alts I used to be up to my some really high body part in spellspun.

I drop off all of my cloth since I have no use for it. We've just had an influx of new & returning players that they up and vanish quite quickly. We had over 50 people on the other day!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Keshik posted:

Looks more like an Eve spy who also wants to play Rift.

Like Chelm but with less class.

edit:

That's an axe, not a polearm. Aren't I pretty?

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 7, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Yeah, low level crafting material definitely helps. Don't just put it in though, if you want to level crafting use it. Otherwise the tab just gets clogged up with all sorts of stuff and then what will we do with our stacks of 99 grieveblossoms? I tried to put in ethereal dust this morning and there was no room! If only some low level people needed to make 99x2 augments or something.

Also if you are leveling Apothecary and are making dyes with stuff from the guild bank, consider putting them in the guild bank. If anyone is leveling apoth and can gain skill through dark magenta / magenta / dark cyan / cyan / dark seafoam green / seafoam green dyes, I'll pay for your non-guild bank components (vials, etc) if you'll throw them in the guild bank.

edit: also if you are bad at sorting through bags like me, there is actually an auto-sort button and a "search" button next to your bags! I always have to click search to find my rally scrolls.

That's another helpful new person hint: Always carry around some rally scrolls, just in case.

Seconding the dye suggestion, as you can see from this picture:

Dyes are extremely important if you need to make a pretty princess. Just don't try to one-up me. I'm all the power rangers combined.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

There's a troll in the bank!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Just a reminder:

:siren:Servers go down at 8am PDT for up to 4 hours today.:siren:

http://tinyurl.com/mxhaqc9

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Datasmurf posted:

So ... Anyone got any clue what's going on with Rift? I'm trying to log my char on EU, but all the shards are locked and when I try to check out their webpage for some sort of info, the link changes to this address:
[url]http://www.https://www.eu.riftgame.com/en/[/url]
and I get an error while trying to load it.

Kreczor posted:

Just a reminder:

:siren:Servers go down at 8am PDT for up to 4 hours today.:siren:

http://tinyurl.com/mxhaqc9

Top of the page there buddy.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Server's are up!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

Big surprise of the night: Some expert purples can now be upgraded. Expert trinkets get upgraded to trinkets with stats, so gently caress Ridge rep. Also there's a wand I wish I had.

Ya, good luck getting the drat things to drop though.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I was pretty unimpressed with the loot I got from our ~15 man goon raid on the stronghold yesterday. All I got was a minuscule amount of IS and a random green. Did anyone get their hands on any noteworthy gear or anything?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

From now on, when I go afk I think I'll just autorun into a corner. Totally not worth the wait.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

So... it looks like it's going to be 3 hours now?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/news-announcements/364853-upcoming-us-region-update-3-pm-pst-6-14-13-date-corrected.html

On that note, here's a few issues in 2.3:
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/363238-2-3-known-issues-thread.html

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 14, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

So what happened to seastone then? Is Deepwood still on the same cluster as Seastone?

North American Server Cluster #1
Deepwood
Greybriar
Faeblight (Roleplay)
Seastone (PvP)
Hailol (NEW)

North American Server Cluster #2
Laethys (Oceanic)
Shatterbone
Threesprings
Wolfsbane
Necropolis (PvP!) (NEW)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/364825-new-north-american-servers-incoming.html

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Bonapartisan posted:

Nothings up yet but I see the two servers Hailol(PVE) and Necropolis(PVP) are up in the list. Exciting :D

Servers just went up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Is anyone else getting consistent disconnects? I've been kicked multiple times out of rift for what seems like the past week, and it's only happening during prime time. I think it may have even been before f2p? I think it's their servers but it just as well could be on my end.

I can't even finish the dps queue because I dc before it pops and I get sent to the back of the line again :(

• Locked thread