Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Vermain posted:

Admittedly, the macro system is just sort of bandaging over a significant problem (having 4 or 5 "junk" abilities that you need to press but which themselves do not do anything interesting), but it's an appreciated bandage. I have the manual dexterity of a boulder, so the fewer buttons I have to press, the happier I am.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy Mage so much. Archon is really the only soul I have a "spam" macro. All of my other macros are @mouseoverui or @focus casts for quick healing/cleansing.

edit: I have one for my harbinger soul but I only use that for lazy farming poo poo.

necrotic fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

I think you actually need 5 Pyro for instant Fireballs until something like level 35?

Eldritch Armor gives you an instance cast on proc.

boho posted:

You'll probably just want to be casting Chloro spells as your instants for the +Int proc and more healing.

I use SC to kill a pile of mobs a bit faster. I don't usually need more healing.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

I go with a 51 archon/25 pyro. You get all of the great things from Archon while putting out a decent amount more DPS (Cinder Burst proc is awesome, I crit for ~50k with it). On a long fight without target switching or lots of moving I've hit 12k DPS while still doing all my archon things. Most fights I end up between 8-10k. It takes a minute or so before you can climb that high, though. And the Cinder Burst procs really boost it.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Oraculum Animi posted:

Is that DPS going to make up for the lack in support with Burning Purpose and Granite Salvo?

Losing Salvo doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, honestly. There might be scenarios where one is better than the other, but I think it balances out in the end.

Once 2.3 comes out and I can get more soul slots I'll probably end up having 2-3 for Archon specs so I can switch it up based on the situation. Until that point I'm sticking with my current one.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

As much hate as point-to-point gets it's actually a really useful ability on certain encounters. It's basically a DPS gain on Regulos Phase 1 and Transition 1 using our strategy, for starters.

Most fights (read: every other raid encounter in the game) have execution strategies that make it less necessary but it's the kind of ability that can really make an encounter simpler if used well by the raid.

Yeah, I do miss P2P. We aren't on Regulos yet, so that's a non-issue. One of the specs I'll be adding in 2.3 is a 61-point Archon.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

61 Chloromancer - http://addictguild.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=6619 - That variation is amazing tank and raid heals and pairs very well with critpower. I'm not sure why anyone would opt for dom as a subsoul anymore with the utility it offers being kind of... not used like the days of old.

Arrested Presence is pretty drat useful for a lot of the trash in FT. Outside of that its kind of a waste, though.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Oraculum Animi posted:

Would a 58 archon/18 pyro give the utility of archon with the dps boosts of pyro? That seems to be the happy medium between the 51 Archon and 58 Archon DPS-wise and while I was playing I never really found Dom to be too useful except for some trash pull CC.

I'm going to do some testing on Sunday to see what the DPS difference is. The CB proc from 51/20 gives a pretty big DPS boost, but the bullwark from 58 could offset it a bit.

lsp posted:

Archon or Trash dom should probably be doing this while the chloro uses charge for entropic veil--

Generally speaking, yeah. But in those trash pulls you're more worried about silencing than heals. I haven't put Dom into my archon spec for a while, but it would be nice to have a utility archon spec with it around. 2.3 realllly needs to come out so I can buy all the slots.

edit: Alternatively, I could just replace my Chloro and HarbiChloro roles with more archon specs... hmmm...

necrotic fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 18, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

mr. nazi posted:

Unless it's changed, you have to be promoted once to be able to access guild bank withdrawal functionality so just ask in guild chat until someone promotes you, if you can't withdraw from the first two tabs.

Yup. You should get promoted right after getting invited, but bitching in guild chat until you get kicked promoted will work if it's missed.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Hey fucko, stop stealing bags to post on the AH.

Seriously. That's douchey even for a goon.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

vandiar posted:

If you're level 50+ and want a free 110% mount (retail price 125 plat), tomorrow (5/21) we're going to run River of Souls and get all the achievements. Getting all the achievements gets you a free ghost pony.

If you want one show up around 7PM server and we'll see if we have people who want to go. Raids reset on Wednesday so if people aren't able to make it we can run another later in the week.

Oh, I still need that on my main. I'll try and show up.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

slev posted:

Is there a setting anywhere that would let me see cooldown timers on my action bars or do I need an addon for that?

You can't see the actual timer on the ability bar, but it does show a grayed out "clock" thing to show you visually.

There's Karuul Alert which is pretty great (though complex) for tracking CD abilities.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Spuckuk posted:

So, anyone got a good idea for a low level (22) build for a Mage to AOE the poo poo out of things in events? I still have very little what souls do what beyond Harb/Chloro owns for levelling and Pyro/Dom for warfronts.

I think tactician has spoiled me with its flame throwing goodness.

Storm Caller and Dom are the two Mage AOE specs. Dominator isn't that useful until later levels, and only excels at burst damage (poo poo out 2m damage in a few seconds, then sit around waiting for cooldowns). SC is better at sustained AOE with Forked Lightning (which can hit up to 8 with a few points into the spec).

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Someone in the patch note thread mentioned FIFTY NEW MACRO SLOTS. This is the best day ever.

Now if only it was possible to import a file or something. I loving hate scrolling that long list.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

Psh, Just use descriptive icons.

I don't have issues picking out the right macro. I just have issues when I want to go through and clean up macros. Although it's probably not an issue so much with the additional macro slots.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

So in order to get people buying and testing out cash shop stuff, if you buy credits on the PTS, any credits that you spend will be given back at 150-200% when F2P goes live. They won't say how much it takes to get the 200%, but 150% is still pretty good.

That's pretty drat good. I might have to setup the PTS client just for that.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

Something about trying to do ID tonight maybe.

I'll try to be on for it too. Come see the horrifying love between two terrifying dragons.

Oh that sounds like fun.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Keshik posted:

Is 20-man raiding going to happen tonight? If not, is there any chance of my getting into the 10-man tomorrow night?

I think some of us are joining another guild for raiding, we went with them on Monday for a Crucia attempts.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Caveat: if we wipe more than once to the first boss we're aborting.

You should be fine: I won't be there.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bussamove posted:

It's because a lot of people see being an Archon or Bard as a sign that your DPS isn't good enough to actually be put into a DPS role, so they get it into their head that support roles are some kind of punishment. I agree that a good archon can make or break the fight, though. I might have to learn it because from the one time I did it last night I really enjoyed it, and that way I could be a special snowflake. :v:

Archon is amazing. It's easily my favorite spec to raid with. On the DPS note: bad archons only go 61 archon, but 51 archon/25 pyro is where it's really at; 50k Cinder Burst instant-cast crits whatup.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

zerocrash posted:

Should include this too: http://www.rift-hero.com/magegear/

It organizes the gear by different weights per spec as any spec with Burning Fury likes Crit Power a lot more than those without for example.

Rift Scene has gear lists for all classes, including weights for different specs.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

PrinnySquadron posted:

Man this in-game store actually seems useful if it just lets you sell grey items whenever. All the sourcestone prices seem way high in the store, but that makes sense, unless they're the same price at the vendors?

I think they inflated the gently caress out of stone purchases. I had less than 200 stones before 2.3 and I logged in and have over 2k.

edit: And carnage gives you 90 instead of the 2 or whatever it was before.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 480+ Hit (without hit runes) please show up tonight around 6pm server time so we can knock our heads against the new 10 man.:siren::siren::siren:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 400+ Hit please show up tonight around 6pm server time so a bunch of you can knock your heads against the old 10 man. :siren::siren::siren:

gently caress yeah.

Kreczor posted:

I was pretty unimpressed with the loot I got from our ~15 man goon raid on the stronghold yesterday. All I got was a minuscule amount of IS and a random green. Did anyone get their hands on any noteworthy gear or anything?

I haven't done a Stronghold yet, but we did the Kaaz'Ra event last night and ended up farming invasions for ~45 minutes. We all got tons of IS (I got several hundred, nearly 1k), planarite, Lycini rep (someone got 35k?) and PA XP (I got ~4m XP). There wasn't really any gear, though, outside of random poo poo greens.

Hop on that event if you can, although I suspect they'll fix it in this hotfix.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
If the lag continues to be as bad as it had been raiding could be interesting...

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

kippa posted:

Not really relevant to most people here, but what just happened with EU-Icewatch is pretty hilarious (and terrible). A couple of hours back we got a server message saying that the servers were coming down in 45 minutes for a hotfix. Then they dropped the bomb and said "PS this server is being shut down during this downtime and everyone will have to move to one of the 2 new servers we're opening" and that was it, that was the entire notice period that they're shutting down the largest EU server. To make it even worse, this is at about 1am server time.

The rage on the official forums is pretty amazing, and I guess will get even better tomorrow when loads of people log in to find their server essentially shut down! http://forums.riftgame.com/general-...pm-tonight.html

It doesn't really affect me all that much so I'm not bothered by it, but it's going to be interesting to see the fallout from this, it's definitely one of the most bizarre things I've seen happen in a big MMO.

Haha, what a glorious way to handle the population of that shard.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

graynull posted:

Saw an in-game notice that servers were coming down at 3pm pst to add two more ahards and do some various server optimization.

I hope they're back up when I get home... I want some lag-free play.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

If we had raids at good times (like 6PM EST) we're probably have a lot more people who'd be willing to. Speaking for myself, starting at 9EST is too late (I'm old :stat:)

6pm EST is too early, I don't generally get home from work until 7pm. Maybe just an hour earlier? But that makes it 5PST which is pretty early for our west coasters...

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Gorelab posted:

What's with all the shards being locked? Scheduled maitnance?

Read the damned thread. Just a couple posts up!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Oh, and just so you guys know, the cleric pants you get in the future at the very beginning (ascended pants or whatever) are the most scandalous pants I've ever seen in my life. And are totally impossible to get if you've already sold them from when you started. I may never go back to Rohypnotist because I look AMAZING with my sheer underwear+single shoulder pad+bowler hat

Hey, rear end in a top hat, post a pic! I'm not good visualizing things from a wall of text.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

My rogue is going to dual wield wooden spoons while wearing a chef hat, it's going to be amazing.

I'm debating getting flowers for Abu, but using Harbinger in pretty much every spec negates whatever weapon I have equipped :(

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Servers were down, jerk :argh:

Now just to find a top that's just as scandalous but a bit more original

Well then... that escalated quickly.

edit: you look very mad and I love it.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Any chance of us trying to get a GA group going tonight? We were only 2-3 people short on Thursday...

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Magus42 posted:

Where does one get their hands on potions better than the level 25 vendor ones?

From apothecaries.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Platypus Farm posted:

I'm finding mixed reports on 61 harb these days for reliable DPS. Is it still quite good, or has something been nerfed in the past few months that makes it less desirable?

I think you can still do fairly good DPS as 61 harb, but Warlock/Pyro are better in pretty much every way.

I've found Pyro to be pretty easy if you have Karuul setup and don't try to follow a "rotation", just keep the CDs up and try to space your fireball casts out for the free double-cast. It can be a pain if you are learning a fight, but it's not too bad after you get the mechanics.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

necrotic posted:

Any chance of us trying to get a GA group going tonight? We were only 2-3 people short on Thursday...

Fitting I would miss it.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Gorelab posted:

Is there still a way to turn off exp gain? I know there was a year ago, but I can't seem to find it.

The disabled it.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Black Pants posted:

I just made myself feel like a retard by running around Sanctum three times and then using Google to try to figure out how the gently caress to obtain the rest of the souls for my class. :negative: Evidently you just have all of them to start with.

Don't look around for buying abilities, either: they are automatically trained as you level.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

And finally, warriors: GET AND LEARN BEASTMASTER

Yeah, if we had a BM consistently that would be a swell spec. Come on, warriors!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

I just messed around with this on a dummy. Holy poo poo. Definitely need beast masters all the time now.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Lblitzer posted:

People should really start using mumble, there's a shitton of dudes online in chat and they're usually talking about stuff that goes over my head or that I can't concentrate on. I want to level with goons and it'd be nice to have some constant communication!

If it's empty and you leave then other people join and it's empty and they leave. I try to idle in there but I don't always remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

quote:

* The Blackthorn Trolls in Shok Forest will no longer float above players when pulled.
* The Jungle Wildlings in Savage Wilds will no longer float above players when pulled.

Thank gently caress. That was incredibly annoying.

Kirtan posted:

Are we doing the whole Generally Good raid buddy thing tonight? Or trying to do our own thing? I ask cause there's a lack of duders signed up for this GG raid.

Or maybe we try GA again?

I signed up for the GA raid now that we've moved, but I'm not sure of the "official" plan. I'd be down for GA (and I would actually be online at form-up time)

StumblyWumbly posted:

We don't sign up for raids, do we?
I have a fear of commitment.

The Generally Good guild has signups, and we've been raiding with them.

• Locked thread