Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I didn't buy my Wii U to play third party titles and I'm okay with that. It will sit in the closet until MK8 comes out. I'm pretty sure most of the other people who own a Wii U are in the same boat; anyone who bought this thing especially on release thinking it would be a sleeper hit was way too optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alteisen posted:

There's 3 actually, one appears to be a sort of human Volvagia and the other seems to be a wizrobe or whatever they where called.

And holy poo poo, can people shut the gently caress up about the design already? I've never seen so much whining about something so utterly irrelevant.

People in this forum are okay with posting what practically amounts to lolicon and furry stuff but if you see actual boobs they freak out.

Different strokes :smuggo:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think you're mistaking "gleeful derision" for whining. It's bad in a really funny way and it is fun to mock the 12-year-old concept artists behind it.

Pretty sure most goons are going to post about deriding them and then J/O immediately after.

But hey how about MK8 coming out soon?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mandrel posted:

Maybe I've just always managed to post in the right places on SA

I think this is what's happened here. There is some really oddball fanart coming out of the LP section.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

Visual design is actually really important and a lovely visual style can instantly turn me off a game.

So what games have lovely visual design and amazing gameplay that you are instantly turned off from?

:allears:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doesn't have the incredible visual design of classics like Mario Teaches Typing built off the SNES engine wouldn't touch it :smuggo:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

catdynamite posted:

just post your dick and get it over with

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pikmin 3 is pretty fun so far and I'm glad I got it with Mario Kart

Go Nintendo!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Are there people in here who legitimately do not enjoy the fun games on the Wii U Console

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Awesome! posted:

stux and deak?

They make me sad

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I guess the new anime dawn is upon us.

Inshallah

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

There's some kid out there whose uncle actually does work for Nintendo and no one will believe a thing he says

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Anyone who regrets buying a Wii U should probably take a good long look at themselves and ask

Am I a Gamer

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

But answering that "yes" means you feel a deep sense of self-loathing and shame. Is that what makes you buy a Wii U?

People buy the Wii U because it's a fun system to play on with their friends

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

RZA Encryption posted:

i dunno, i play video games but no fuckin way do i ever want to be associated with gamers and their "culture". it's a diversion, not a lifestyle.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jewigi posted:

well I identify you as a white noise yospos retard poster so you can run witht hat

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

elf help book posted:

I am a Gamer.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Level Slide posted:

Well what if I don't have friends? Makes you think.

That's what the Miiverse is for

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Splatoon is gonna be fun as poo poo and you can gently caress off if you think otherwise

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Does anyone actually give a poo poo about watch_dogs

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Chili posted:

So I was sick with the flu over the past week. I got a wiiu on the cheap in anticipation for Smash but I wasn't really planning on picking up any other games. But, as I was stuck at home and unable to go into work, I poked around, saw that Mario 3D World was very highly reviewed, and dropped 60 gently caress it dollars.

What a mistake.

I loved Mario Galaxy, both 1 and 2.

Can someone please explain to me how 3D world is anything but a giant step back from that series? Nothing about this was remotely impressive to me, the level design was bland as was the overworld presentation. The mansion from Mario 64 was more engaging. It was going to be tough for Nintendo to top Mario GALAXY, I get that, but 3D World was just so drat boring. In platform games like this, levels have to either be engaging or challenging. I couldn't find anything like that throughout the whole game. Rarely did I have to attempt a level more than once, and there weren't any worlds that would warrant any interest in further exploration.

I guess my biggest question is, what's next?

In my mind, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy... all of those games, were massive steps forward in that the worlds they had in them were rich and worthy of exploration. The worlds had charm and personality. Then you have 3D world, and to me, the biggest tip off that this game regressed was the need for them to include a level timer. Why is there a level timer? Perhaps the better question is, why were there level timers in Galaxy et al? There weren't level timers because they didn't want you to rush, they designed a beautiful game that you were intended to be immersed in and enjoy.

I'm just confused. This felt like a small scale game that should not have cost 60 bucks. I'm not typically a complainer but it felt really wrong that about the only positive thing I got for that money were cat suits.

Did you play it solo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lots of fake rear end gamers in here who can't handle timers

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Rayman origin's timed stages were far more punishing than marios.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

True gamers don't have to justify their purchases; they just know deep down that they did the right thing.

Be a true gamer.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mercury Crusader posted:

There's that sequel to Kirby Canvas Curse that's coming out on the Wii U next year and since Canvas Curse was great this should be great as well.

Mario Kart 8 is the best.

I have not played Assassin's Creed IV but it has pirates I guess and people like pirates and that's alright if you ask me.

I like your AV

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fremry posted:

He's obviously talking about the 3D Marios which was true. Take away the timer, and there's no reason to be efficient in your playing. Mario 64 gave you a hint and you had as much time as needed to figure it out. It was basic puzzle solving. 3D World give you a straight line and a timer. It's a straight up platformer. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just if you loved all of the previous 3D Mario games, this was a very different game.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Crap posted:

i am looking forward to playing nintendo's upcoming online multiplayer games for the wii u with my friend the wide stancer

+yeah!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Seshoho Cian posted:

What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you legitimately don't enjoy or like the Wii U and aren't just being a weak troll your brain is loving broken.

• Locked thread