Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The sculptor's figure says "Lately, his club has been losing membership because he hasn't done anything 'cool' with it, but as long as Link hangs around, everything will be all right!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Pixeltendo posted:

What exactly was the gimmicky attraction of the Gamecube?

Carrying handle

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Only if the level selection was more unbalanced in favor of the original Genesis games. I enjoyed the game, but the farther it went into games I had no nostalgia for, the less I loved it.

I didn't recognize anything past City Escape but I probably put ~15 hours into Rooftop Run Act 2. That level owned bones. All the Act 2s in general were more fun than the Act 1s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Toady posted:

The kind of people who are big enough fans of Sonic 2 to want physical controls are probably more willing to buy a gaming peripheral than the average Angry Birds player.

If we're just making up predictions I predict that this kind of people will forego phone peripherals altogether and just emulate from home. I just don't see anyone buying anything that adds bulk to their phone, with the exception of cases

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Metroid Fusion isn't as good of a Metroid game as Super Metroid but it is far and away a much more fun game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

In what way would making a photography game online improve it? :psyduck:

Between this and the ever-present Pokemon idea, people seem to use MMO to mean "make a giant world to explore but make it online so it doesn't feel empty"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Joramun posted:

People are saying the base game has the same amount of courses as the last comparable game in the series (Toadstool Tour on the GameCube*), but that's literally a decade old and from two whole console generations ago, so do you really want to compare it to that? Video games have come so far since then, it seems like a really poor comparison/measure point. We should (and do) hold full-priced first party games to higher standards than that these days, because the standards have risen so much.

* Advance Tour on the GBA came a year later, but that was a full-fledged RPG just like its GBC predecessor so it's not really comparable to 64, Toadstool Tour and World Tour.

How do you feel about Cruis'n USA having 14 levels and Cruis'n World (two (TWO !!)) years later) having only 15. The world is easily 10x bigger (maybe more ??) than the US. Really burns my biscuits when developers have the audacity to only improve laterally

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Phantom Hourglass sounds cool. Not the game, just the title. It sounds like an album my band would put out (I play bass)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Phantom Hourglass got mostly 9s from vidcon journals which makes me think a lot of... ahem... "rupees" changed hands :D

• Locked thread