Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Porkchop Express posted:

Yeah, the Valeyard as an enemy would be pretty good, a lot better than trudging the master out again if you ask me.

Unless they get Cumberbatch to play the Master. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

ProfessorLoomis posted:

You know, I wish the tardis navigation system would go on the fritz again.

It was never on the fritz. She always takes the Doctor where he needs to go. :moffat:

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
I found this thing today. It's an infographic that (tries to) explain the Doctor/River timeline spaghetti. I can't imagine how much :spergin: it took to compile this.
EDIT: a link would be helpful, wouldn't it?
http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/Infographic-River-Songs-Timeline.aspx

Royal W fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 23, 2013

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
But I thought Smith was confirmed through season 8?

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Maera Sior posted:

As much as I enjoy Matt Smith, I would be thrilled if they chose an older actor.

INTRODUCING JOHN HURT AS THE DOCTOR.
Season 8 will all be a flashback of the time war lived out in the Doctor's memory as he regenerates from 11-12.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Noxville posted:

I don't know that really counts since that took about ten seconds of explanation and was really foreshadowing more than laid-in clues.

9's run/ BADWOLF was one idea that was subtly laid throughout the season. It doesn't really compare to the 3-season long, convoluted, hooks-on-hooks, shenanigans that have been going on since Moff took over.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Rent posted:

That's what I was thinking. Looks right. Just threw me off because that looks like the red dress/toolbelt thing from Asylum

Couldn't it be safe to assume this is the Oswin version of Clara, presumably some time before she goes to the Asylum? Timey-wimey and all that.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Yannick_B posted:

The descriptions of the 50th anniversary trailer from comic-con are confirming it.

But it looks like Moff has put the kibosh on any actual videos getting out before the official release, on pain of no more comic-con presentations in the future. Considering Who fans' track record when people ask nicely (or threaten to take their ball and go home, in this case), I don't expect we'll see a leak.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Wheezle posted:

Wow yeah that was rubbish.

Some day, we may even come to terms with it. :v:

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
Regarding :words: about regeneration:

the Christmas Special should be an hour of Matt Smith dying and regenerating into various actors, who promptly die and regenerate. After about 40 of these, Bill Bailey regenerates into Capaldi, Moff walks on to the set, flips a double bird and says, "Now shut the gently caress up about it."

This is Doctor Who. Everything/Nothing is canon.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Mortanis posted:

Moffat already wrote the Curse of the Fatal Death.

Wow. I didn't even know that was a Thing. Thanks for enlightening me! :) Either way the regeneration argument feels pretty much ado about nothing. Moff's going to Moff; the lovers will love it and the haters will hate it, with a few swing votes in between; and the show will go on. Personally, I'll be happy to see the three-season spanning story arcs get tied up.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

I wear no tie. No ties are cool.
(I'm so sorry :suicide: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The only one where it matters what number he is is Ten because the actor's stage name has "Ten" in it.

Ten-in't :haw:

• Locked thread