Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Astroman posted:

No no no:

IS REQUIRED

Please, it's clearly "The Doctor, who is required." :eng101:

... nerds are stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jesus CHRIST just film Spare Parts already, dipshits.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ashpanash posted:

Can't we sll just get beyond Thunderdome?

You made a typo, man, and you didn't even have a setup. Poor show.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Whizbang posted:

Introducing Tom Baker as The Master. :allears:

There was a QVC Doctor Who special in 2003-ish in which Tom Baker expressed interest in playing The Master...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Forktoss posted:

Steven Moffat writes a script
Steven Moffat sits tight-lipped
If Moffat hears your tongue has slipped
He eats you when you're sleeping

- "Spoilers Leak No More", an inscription on the walls of the Doctor Who production offices

NEEEERD!!!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Burkion posted:

That's right! 11 used some of his regeneration energy to heal River!

How could he do that if he doesn't have any?

Maybe the pseudo-regeneration that created the Metacrisis Doctor only used part of the energy he'd need for a full regeneration, but regardless of whether he healed River or not, the Doctor wouldn't have enough energy to regenerate again? I dunno.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Mortanis posted:

Moffat already wrote the Curse of the Fatal Death.

And has been writing it, over and over again, ever since.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Fungah! posted:

OK, fine, all of Moffat's hanging plotlines.

Where did the whole "Harriet Jones is a Dalek" thing come from, anyway?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TinTower posted:

I like how someone in the Series 4 thread effectively called the plot of Day of the Doctor five years early. :allears:

Can we get a quote on this?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

el burbo posted:

Okay all the aliens in this picture confirm that the one guy didn't just make all that stuff up. Hopefully it looks better on screen than it sounds written out.

Alternately, the one guy could have seen the picture early on and made up a story to match.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

qntm posted:

Could it be? Is Doctor Who finally going to do an episode in which Daleks learn the true meaning of Christmas?

AND A VE-RY MER-RY CHRIST-MAS TO AAAAL OF YOU AT HOOOOME

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

They should just find Kamelion somewhere. "OH, that's right, I made another of these after the last was destroyed!" And then the celebrity guest star of the week can sometimes be the Doctor's companion.

That'd own.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

My preferred explanation is from tumblr or twitter or something: he's a Scottish Roman.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

So do you think that, now they have Tom and Lalla in the studio together, Big Finish is going to do yet another version of Shada?

Shada 2: Electric Boogaloo...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

I liked Strax the first time he was introduced, but that's the only time I've liked any of those three. And actually, didn't he also die in that episode? Was him somehow coming back to life ever brought up?

I'd love to see him do a Doctor Who story.

No, you wouldn't.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I like it, but there's something missing...

What I'm saying is, recolor that to look like Colin's coat and it'll be perfect. :allears:

EDIT: To clarify, I'm requesting a photoshop. Get on it, nerdlingers!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Darth Brooks posted:

You want all the colors or just a red/blue trade?

Edit:

I can't be the only one who thinks this looks unironically great and better than the original 12 outfit, even as a quick Photoshop job... right!?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

marktheando posted:

Yeah pretty much. Colin would have looked like Jeremy Clarkson.

How dare you say such things.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Davros1 posted:

The best from McGann came from an interview shortly after Eccelston was cast.

"Bet they're not going to make him wear a wig."

Or when he was talking about the script to his BF audio, "Dead London" where the Doctor escapes from a Wicker Man by zip-lining using his cravat.

"I'm still wearing that cravat?"

Got any sources for these - the second, in particular?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

As someone who has yet to listen to any of the Dark Eyes stuff, what sort of nods have they been doing?

It's less "nods" and more of a pervasive "War is inevitable, lines are being drawn, armies amassed, something big is gonna happen!" atmosphere throughout the later EDAs and Dark Eyes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

It didn't stop him cheating on his current one with his co-worker.

How reputable is Private Eye on that sort of thing? As an American, we don't really have any sort of equivalent.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'm surprised it's not talked about more then - is it due to libel laws or something?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'm not usually one to make such comments, but drat Coleman (and Capaldi) are looking fine.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I always preferred the stuck-up, pedantic, obscenely privileged but still basically human portrayal of Time Lords - it's part of why I think Looms are dumb.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

We all know what she needs to be wearing next time, don't we?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Master regenerates into COLIN BAKER!!!

He's already got a goatee.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Riptor posted:

but this is way more likely to be a little easter egg/joke from the SFX crew

actually having the Doctor's face on a poster on a bus is a bit more obvious than your usual SFX joke

especially on HDTVs, where you can MAKE OUT THE TEXT and, presumably, so can the characters

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Fungah! posted:

People said literally the same thing about Rory's badge. Like, word for word

That was before my SA Posting Career. And the print on a badge is a bit small-time compared to a full-wrap ad on a bus. Might JUST be a joke, but WHO KNOWS?

WHO knows? Hmm?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Riptor posted:

did you even look at the picture

its obscured by trees and stuff and not the focal point of the scene

I suppose it might just hang around in the background but eehh

I'm just really fascinated. It was in a TRAILER. Not much happens by ACCIDENT in TV production, is all I'm saying.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Spoilers Below posted:

No wonder Paul Magrs has been so active promoting his new, not-even-remotely-Wildthyme-related book on Facebook lately! It all fits together! Another masterstroke of intricate plotting by Moffat that only we, the true geniuses, can see!

This is made hysterical by your Toph av, just have to say.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The presence of Kate Stewart in the New Series (and with Jemma Redgrave's hair DYED BLONDE to match her original appearance in Downtime) is a goddamn triumph.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ahem.

You were right and I was wrong.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Barry Foster posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet. You've got to be loving kidding me.

If you're not, then I don't think I'll bother with the episode. Or with this series anymore.

You misunderstand.

I was wrong and jumping at straws.

PriorMarcus posted:

This was the single worst episode of the revival by a country mile. DoctorWhat liked it, but it's only a matter of time before he changes his mind because of the rolling bandwagon of hate it's generated due to arguing that kids with mental problems shouldn't take their pills.

yuuuup

though it's not a "bandwagon" thing. It's a personal-experience-thing that got me, on reflection, really loving angry.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Not the least bit surprised you have mental problems.

Yeah, lots of people do. That's why the anti-meds message was such garbage.

I'm absolutely CERTAIN that at least one kid is off-meds or wants to go off-meds because of this episode and that's likely going to be a disaster for them :smith:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Burkion posted:

Hello, how are you, here are some things I've bitched about in the past

Exactly That

(Seriously gently caress what they did to the Master)

It's the closest thing to a cogent motivator the Master's ever had. The Master's character arc, especially the transition from Crispy to Ainley, is a total mess that doesn't describe any kind of linear character development.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Master is a dick and he likes to gently caress with The Doctor. That's plenty of motivation.

Apart from his entire stint as a corpse, in which he was hateful and (even more) murderous in a way he'd never been before and which, in the classic series, he immidiately stopped being once he became Ainley.

And when he WAS Ainley, he hung out alone, in a cave, maintaining a racist disguise complete with talking-to-himself, for no goddamn reason.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Like I said.

The Doctor WASN'T EVEN THERE at the time!

Clearly the drums were just really really loud that day.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

HD DAD posted:

I have a secret hope that the cliffhanger for this episode is somehow a reveal of an old-school Tenth Planet Cyberman.

It's not going to happen in a million years, but whatevs.

I might actually jump for joy if a Decent Cyberman shows up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Metal Loaf posted:

Sure, Rani was one of the kids in The Sarah Jane Adventures, wasn't she? :v:

Rani was. The Rani is the definitive article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Crazy Man posted:

If Missy is Romana...could that meant that the Nethersphere is...E-space? Or has it been confirmed that she took part in the Time War?

Romana got out of E-Space and became President of Gallifrey. There's two decades of EU material backing that up.

• Locked thread