Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Avicus posted:

I've got a wee bit of hope that the announcement is series 8 being renamed "Doctor Whos".

:eng101:Doctors Who

Is Moffat sticking around though? I'm bummed we won't get to see what a better show-runner could do with Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Lampsacus posted:

Am I the only one who likes the idea of the Doctor's actor usually being some obscure guy who is a totally fresh face?!

Which is probably who they'll go with, but speculating about people you yourself don't even know doesn't fill threads.

Actually though if anyone knows UK stage theater, now's your time to shine with the predictions.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

We all know Paul McGann filmed a regeneration scene... But what if it was Matt Smith's regeneration?
:tinfoil:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is it still a (poorly-kept) spoiler that Smith is leaving the show? I thought that's why that discussion (along with other upcoming cast chat) was here instead of the main thread.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Getting "corrected" by a bigger sperg whenever you talk about revival Whos by number.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

BrooklynBruiser posted:

He's "friends" with a bunch of people who work on the show.

So... Felecia Day's playing a younger Doctor Donna. Got it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Sir Patrick Stewart appearing as himself.

It actually makes me sad that there isn't a level of BBC subterfuge and trickery like in the old days.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I wonder if that leaked script MTV had was legit, but a joke.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'd personally dig an adventure where only a small UK town is at stake for a change.

It's a Wonderful Life was about saving a single life. And for all the poo poo people give RTD, he frequently recognized and exulted the inherent value in a single human's existence.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

A hundred and eighty minutes of this wouldn't be enough.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Wheezle posted:

Wow yeah that was rubbish.

Use your left thumbstick to look around, and hold X to scan.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I hope Capaldi regenerates into the first Curator.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's true, but doesn't that also clash with Smith being the last doctor? Unless Hurt regenerates into Capald.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Probably someone in graphics just likes Iron Maiden.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's a legit fatsuit face and light-saber, yes.

Do we flush Moffat with the regen or are we just losing the talent?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Super.Jesus posted:

Time of the doctor is going to be a much better episode than any non-Moffat episode.

Are you privy to some information that the rest of the world isn't?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm just asking if there's some esoteric reason to think that the finale won't be the steaming shitpile it looks like from the spoilers.

Because you're saying it's going to be better than Douglas Adams episodes, and those are some huge-rear end shoes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

twoot posted:

Probably through an initially unassociated story which enables creating flesh bodies for digital programs or someshit.

Basically exactly what they did with the Flesh and dopple-Amy and the gangers from that episode. Although more likely he's just lost interest in River stories since we're all supposed to give shits about this season's current version of impossible girl Claire.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That leak must be truer and worse than I thought to drag preemptive apologists out of the main thread. Do other spoiler threads get this pessimism shaming when a turd's on the horizon?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think it's a case where if you need to have it explained, you can't understand it.

The positive side is that I'm sure you'll love the episode and I'm happy for you and that!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Contract typo results in every episode getting a Tom Baker cameo for the rest of Doctor Who.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

"Handles" confirmed! People who love anything are going to love this.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

"For the kids."

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'd take a dozen quarries over Victorian England any day.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Strange that they're allowing on-set photography and official releases. Is this new?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's kinda weird not to post them, really.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I really want to see these scripts filmed as fan episodes.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Fiveish Doctors channeled more "Who essence" than the tail end of Smith's run. In some better world, Peter Davison is the showrunner and the show's level of detail goes beyond catchphrases.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

You have remarkable brand loyalty. If more Doctor Who is made and I don't enjoy it, what's the point for me?

The promise that someday Moffat will leave and things will get better.

And the consistent disappointment accompanying that hope.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

What are the odds of this going Missy ...sippi River?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Doctor Who Spoilers: Kandyman Kandyman Kandyman

I haven't been able to make it through the scripts yet, but is there a good tl;dr summary anywhere?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Thanks, that sounds... Well that sounds about what I expected.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Doesn't Pink have plot-immunity Fixed Point status since his great-grandson is Earth's first time-traveler?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Action Jacktion posted:

Danny will die but Clara will already be pregnant with his child and she'll leave the Doctor to take care of it.

Orson said his great grand parents told him time-travel stories, so (unless someone else is introduced) Dan gets let into the loop and survives to have three generations of children.

Or it'll be a writing fuckup. Whoops!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Or Jenny, Vastra, and Strax I guess. Really no bad option is off the table.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

A scenario where kids' meds are harmful... in a kids' show? Jesus loving Christ.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Eeeh, this season has managed to make my non-Tumblr friends pretty mad with its awkward social fumbling, and the Who fans have generally been quick to hand-wave away some odious pool-turds. (See: goon defending the magical miracle of childhood mental illness.)

So if something is reading as insensitive even to the early-access True Believers? This should be fantastic.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Master dying, then deciding that where she regenerated must be Heaven seems like too good writing for this show.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I couldn't hear anything in the audio, and there's weird visual distortion in :20. Has the clip been edited?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Well, I liked the thematic ties to the spiritual chicanery practiced by Victorian charlatans. And the Doctor had some funny lines.

Everything else was dogshit.

• Locked thread