Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

I mean yeah now it is pretty gross and illegal and I am not advocating it at all. I am stating the world and peoples of that time are different from the present and good luck trying to find something close to the good/bad moral compass of fiction because everyone in charge is a rich and involved in some pretty skeevy stuff that does not fly by our standards.

Like the only heroes maybe are the small burgoinging middle class and people into the grass roots of liberty which at this time is still developing and taking root.

Not too belabor this too much but this is a deeply ahistorical take. To take one moral compass we still adhere today, abolitionism, which was the cause celebration for the Haitian revolution, has always being a constant thorn in slave holders feet throughout history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ok.

E: gently caress lovely Snype. More on topic anyone else disappointed that they didn't include the Brown Widow in the hall of Spiderman in Across the Spiderverse?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Rusty does deserve some credit, because even though he’s a terrible father and a lovely person, he’s infinitely better on both accounts than Jonas Sr. ever was and actually improved some! And his “Team Venture” is infinitely less psychotic than the original.
I think the biggest difference is that Rusty actually wants to be a good person, deep down, he just has no idea what that means.

Did he ever address Hank's feelings of not being his favorite? What was the end of Hank's story I the movie anyway? Last thing he did I think was watching his dad get pantsed and Monarch yelling and he kinda waved his arms and backed away? I thought they were gong to do a beat where you see him appreciate his "found" family.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's often pointed to as a turning point for Rusty, too, that so much of his behaviour is indistinguishable from supervillainy in the first place but he hadn't realised it. The while thing with JJ is probably also illustrative there, and with the implication JJ goes from murderous jealousy of Rusty to dismissive one-upmanship, and then rather implied to be pity when he realises how easily he wildly surpassed his brother, as well as how ridiculous the hero-villain games really are and what it's like to deal with that poo poo literally your entire life. Rusty would rather be bad at being a hero than good at being a villain.

Man jj only had like a year or less of proper living and being an uncle to the boys before dying. That's harsh as he does seem like a good guy.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

The Ventures are a very real and relatable story of family trauma and how healing it is often a generational project. Being good is out of Doc's reach, but he's a lot less lovely than Jonas, and as a result, he's given Dean a chance to be less lovely than either of them.

As for Hank, he'll be fine. That kid's a superstar.

I'm still thinking that Hank's arc is incomplete, it's such a weird beat to end it where he's just backing away from the room at the end.

https://youtu.be/-o2TAcxq24k?si=w-89RH7vHwxSBJlH

I thought that Hank was happy about being back?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Shore Leave is the best. Had the best lines anyway.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mycomancy posted:

I'd bet it's a global phenomenon

Knew a Dermott growing up in the UAE. Mahmoud. Wonder hows he doing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thanks to Sheila. Y'know, I feel like much like Rusty has the potential but not the desire to be a great villain, she could have been an excellent hero, it was just the Guild that snapped her up first.

The definition of lawful evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The only thing you need to know is that Depeche Mode is like 100x better than Duran Duran, who are still pretty respectable. Rio is great.