Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

deong posted:

Awesome. Thanks. Now just need a quote... Thinking:
Hey, maybe he'll surprise us. He does get that kind of retard strength when he's all worked up.

I'm a big fan of "I'll see you in heck."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I rewatched "Tag Sale, You're It!" yesterday and I'm really glad they decided not to have Billy slosh every time he moved his head in his future appearances. It becomes pretty annoying pretty quickly.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
My perfect introductory episode is "Victor Echo November". If Venture Brothers is a show about failure then this is the thesis statement, a simple dinner where nobody really gets what they want. You don't need to know the characters coming in and because they're established at that point you become familiar with them through a few quick lines. Plus, you get to be a popular idiot.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

theflyingexecutive posted:

Really? That episode is one of the hardest to understand because you basically have to explain everyone's backstories to get their motivations.

Eh, it's the first episode I saw and it hooked me. There's a lot of really funny character-based humor in it that doesn't depend too much on motives such as Hank with the hand-dryer or anything with 21 and 24.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Illuminado posted:

Williams Street Productions is headquartered in GA, but that's just the production company. To the best of my knowledge most of the contributing work that Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick is in NYC, but enough nitpicking. It'll be on in a few more days, and I can wait in all honesty. I don't have time to drive down to anywhere it would have been playing anyway.

I've been in the same building as the offices that they work in for other reasons but apparently one can't just drop in on Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick. It is in NYC.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
They make enough to keep making more episodes. That doesn't sound too bad to me.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DrBouvenstein posted:

Bit the bullet and signed up for the whole t-shirt club.

Let's hope I like more of the designs this time around than the first one...so I guess it's a good thing I did a la carte the first time.

I think I was the only person who hated the Dr.Girlfriend and Dean :allears: shirts.

You could probably sell the ones you really don't like to people in this thread and you can proudly wear the subscribers only shirt.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

axleblaze posted:

If anyone was wondering, here's the HankCo griddle menu:

Bread Balls: We begin by hand rolling white bread into little balls and end by serving them to you. $2.50

Cheese Plate: American Cheese sliced the way you like it. $4.00

The Wondrous Wheel: Four chocolate cookies filled with white, sweet, creamy stuff. $2.00

The Pop Top: The best part of the tart served over the not so good part. $2.00

Corn Chip Mountain: A quarter pound of corn chips slathered with hot american cheese (Our chef's specialty) $6.00

The Dream Dragon: A pocket of powdered pudding is dusted lightly over highly toasted white bread $1.00

The Cyclops Sandwich: A tomato sandwich, served on a bagel with a grape in the middle. $4.50

Batter Up: Warm cake batter served in a collectable HankCo Cup. $6.00

Try something from out extensive collection of flavored waters. $1.50

If they don't have Student Green, I'm not getting anything.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Piper posted:

how did Rusty wake up with a Spanish-Fly-Mutated whore in his bed? Did she just take longer to transform into a fly than the other whores?

I'm willing to bet that she was a fly when they went to bed.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mocha Frost posted:

Odds are you're going to get the chair you complain about the most. And it's awesome.

And that chair can fly! Man, why didn't anybody tell me about that?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DrBouvenstein posted:

I never knew there was ever a different guy slated to play Archer. I've only watched it on Netflix, so I've never seen the original pilot.

Was it anyone famous for other things?

Not really, but he received raptorous approval for this performance.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Action Tortoise posted:

No one else saw the Robot Monster or Man-Thing?

Recognized the Man-Thing but couldn't remember the name. Here are some screencaps:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Here.

Let the inevitably wrong speculating begin.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

GD_American posted:

It's a danger with kids too. The zinc can burn a whole through the stomach lining. Also, zinc poisoning is really really lovely (as I found out one day after cutting out a bunch of galvanized piping with a torch).

Because this "it must literally be making fun of this character" "no it must be making fun of this character" stuff is stupid. Then add the absolutely retarded levels of analysis on top of it, and I have to wonder if some of you even actually enjoy just watching this show.

They felt like making Jake the Snake a computer-illiterate Cobra henchman who fingerbanged the Baroness. They felt like making Storm Shadow a Cosby sweater-wearing dad. They're jokes.

I'm glad there's a non-sperg to tell me how to enjoy a show. That's really not :spergin: at all.

People are going to enjoy this however they want and insisting that we don't dissect every joke and reference is just going to end poorly.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I don't smoke.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't know if anybody noticed, but the live action bit was credited to Stoopid Buddy studios, who do the work for Robot Chicken.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

GD_American posted:

HankCo t-shirt rocks, wish it wasn't white because that usually doesn't end well, but oh well

Yeah, I would've got one if it was the same as Hank's from the show.

At this point I'm holding out for an Orpheus shirt, but that's looking pretty unlikely.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's obviously Ladyhawk Johnson and Lyndon Bee.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Jerusalem posted:

Are the blu-rays good quality? I have seasons 1-3 on DVD but figured I'd hold out to pick up season 4 on blu-ray and it basically slipped my mind.

Season 3 is good but 4 suffers a little due to some compression issues.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Steve Vader posted:

Where is this sale?

Amazon.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

IveMadeSnacks posted:

I love that the Revenge Society was watching everything like it was an episode of Game of Thrones.

I have never seen that stupid thing.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I was just rewatching Pomp and Circuitry and noticed some of these names:

They've had Phage and Flying Squid in the works for a while now.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Slamhound posted:

One of my favorite thing about this show is how the names of characters and organizations, especially the marginal ones, are legitimately awesome. "Conjectural Technologies" is a great business title. "Headshot" is a great character name. There's nothing tongue-in-cheek about any of it.

I thought those were tongue in cheek jokes - "Headshot" because he's a sniper and it's a parody of the GI Joe job-title as name characters and "Conjectural Technologies" because the two members haven't ever really produced anything, they just have ideas that don't really go anywhere.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

LashLightning posted:

But when we first saw him, he had a guy in a dog suit in his shopping cart, but when we later see him where he, Shuttlecock and Tanktop are killed there's only a bunch of weapons in his shopping cart. Where'd the dog-guy go?

He's in rehab in Florida.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I got my OSI shirt yesterday and it's pretty great. The fabric is a little thin but it's a cotton-polyester-rayon blend so it'll probably hold up to wear well. Honestly, if I had realized that these were going to be semi-exercise shirts I might've gotten the subscription because I have fewer qualms about what I wear when I'm running.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

deong posted:

:can:

I did have to make sure it wasn't old. dated 12/12/13

I believe that is what is known as a "joke". I hope not to have to endure any more of them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Venture Bros. is pretty near perfect and I don't want anything to change if it means that it might be less than what it currently is. I'll gladly wait multiple years for television that's as high quality as season five was.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Aaaand pre-ordered. Has any concept art been revealed before?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Naylenas posted:

Hey man, good kerchiefs aren't cheap!

You have to admit, he can still rock a kerchief.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hedrigall posted:

:mario: WACKADOO! THEY WERE CLONES ALL ALONG! TUNE IN FOR SEASON 2 EVERYBODY, SEE YOU NEXT FALL, ZING POW! :mario:

Venture Brothers as written by Dan Harmon/Justin Roiland. Speaking of, everyone should check out Rick and Morty.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sash! posted:

Have you people looked at how expensive the season 3 blu-ray is!

Judging from the commentaries, I hope Doc Hammer was just given one because he probably can't afford one.

It's 18 dollars on Amazon.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sash! posted:

It literally dropped from Sunday when it was $45 :monocle:

The MSRP is kind of nuts. :shrug:

I was watching old eps with my friend and he said that we never learned what happened to Kim. I told him to ask Publick and Hammer about it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's hard to believe that it's been 20 years since the last episode of Venture Brothers but the wait is going to be worth it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's worth it for the quality. Episode to episode, Venture Brothers is one of the best shows on TV.

Speaking of Venture Brothers and long wait times, did anyone else pre-order the Dark Horse artbook on Amazon? You can't do it anymore but my order is still in for 20-ish bucks so I'm hoping they make it a lavish, expensive thing when it's released in 7 years.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cacafuego posted:

Thought this was cancelled?

Amazon lists November, 2016 as the publishing date but that could just be a place-holder for cancelled.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Heads up - the new Titmouse clothes go off sale in a few days. I just bought the hoodie.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Got my Venture Bros hoodie. This thing is comfy as hell.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
All the episodes except Gargantua 2 are now on Hulu Plus.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
How many Yaz albums does Ernest Cline have in that thing?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Based on the Rick and Morty thread's consistent terribleness, I'm pretty happy nobody actually watches Venture Brothers.