Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
The OP has two Jackson Publick twitters instead of a twitter and a tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Emerson Cod posted:

How exactly can I put through a subscription? There doesn't seem to be a link to do so.

http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/venture-bros-shirt-club-subscription

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
There's an episode of one of the more recent seasons of Futuramas where they go to a robot graveyard. There is a fairly noticeable grave marked "HELPER".

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Aww man. Maybe I'll just keep living in denial.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Bloodnose posted:

I wonder why AstroBase is in Manhattan. If they're having money troubles, having an office there doesn't seem like the best plan.

The AstroBase is in Manhattan because that's where Doc and Jackson are. There is a tour of the AstroBase on one of the extras of an early season. It's probably not as posh as you're expecting.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

Are any Shirt Club members still waiting for their shipments? It sounds like some people already got theirs, I haven't seen a thing in the post yet.

I haven't gotten a shipping notice. Or seen shirts yet. I ordered Sunday. I don't know how they're handling the printing.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Vanrushal posted:

Ted was there too, guys! Were there any other recognizable faces among the undead outside of the clones and groovy crew?

I thought I saw some of the Ghost Pirate crew.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I know I'm not the only one who had incorporated "push" into their everyday speech.

Seeing people going from :confused: to :stonk: in about 2 seconds is amazing.

Nope it's entered our household dumps isms too. (Fun fact my phone autocorrected euphamisms to dumps isms and it was too apt to correct. )

Also I love all of Shore Leave's pet names for Brock.
Brock of ages
Brockness monster
Brock lobster

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
I wanted to see Gary as the Venture bodyguard, but even if this is all I get I'll be happy.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
If we really want to pick apart everything lets argue about why the Monarchs had to talk Rusty into letting them in to the tunnels when they were able to get in and had maps in Operation P.R.O.M.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Plus Molotov is lying about her and Monstroso. (Theory based on stuff from season 4. )

Comrade Quack fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 20, 2013

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

RandallODim posted:

What makes you say that?

Theory based on season 4

A brief timeline:
Moltov infiltrates Sphinx
Monstroso tells Billy that he's never found someone he loves (badly paraphrased)
Sphinx happens upon by chance via Pete Monstroso. Then, kidnaps Monstroso
Molotov, having infiltrated Sphinx prior to Monstroso's arrival, steals Monstoso from Sphinx

So either they planned getting Monstroso kidnapped by Sphinx but not handed over to the OSI or Molotov joined Souinx for something else.

Comrade Quack fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 20, 2013

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Yes. I also want to see a live performance of music from the first soundtrack.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

The first thing that came to my mind with the people on the boat with Kano were the Monarch's parents. The woman looked like his mom in the photo, at least.

I see it too.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Did you guys get shipping notices or did the shirts just appear?
I'm also curious to know if the Hank bucks will be used for anything.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Delaio posted:

That was easily the best one so far in my opinion.

I'm getting a little worried that I haven't gotten shipping confirmation for my U.R.G.H. shirt yet, even though other peoples have already arrived. Any other club subscribers in the same boat?

I subscribed for both my husband and I. I just got a shipping notice for his URGH shirt and not mine. The first set was sent together so now I'm worried.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
I'm still waiting on a ship notice for an URGH shirt

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Are the international folks still worried about multiple packing slips with the full price? Because my second package had no slip at all. It may have been because that was only half of my week 2 shirts but maybe check around.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Dingis posted:

There might have been some issues on the first run, or I was unlucky. My Palaemon shirt had a couple burn holes in the sleeve. If it was more than a few shirts there might be delays from sending out replacements on top of sending out the next batch.

You may be right about issues with the Palaemon shirts. Mine had an armpit hole.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Let's make up random theories!

Plug-face is actually a disguised Doc from a different timeline trapped in this one.

Shoreleave is actually Hank and Deans's father. (He went through an experimental phase in his youth)

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
A bit obvious but I'm going to guess the final shirt is Gary/21 themed. http://jacksonpublick.tumblr.com/post/55578156588/vb-shirt-of-the-week-club-henchman-21-contest

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

If you like how Dean has progressed and you haven't seen him be fitted for his first speedsuit...or be exposed to prog rock ("You're not ready to enter the Court of the Crimson King! At this point in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist,") you're missing out on the entire character. I'm a Dean fan as well, and his evolution this season (well, the season premiere, mainly,) has been an absolute treat. "And I thought I told you to go gently caress yourself" had so much more payoff knowing where he started from.

So has anybody found any news about who won the 24 costume contest at Comic-Con, or what this week's shirt will be?

Adult swim posted a photo to their Facebook of the winner and the shirt. It's almost a profile shot and its pretty low quality. What I can make out is that it's a black shirt with a small red design with red and white writing on it.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Is anybody else having a rough time with the shirt club? So far I have two wearable shirts, two with holes and one or two just plain haven't shipped / shown up. :sigh:

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Wax On posted:

My first pack of shirts came in fine but I haven't gotten any news on the rest. Did you contact Titmouse to see about getting a replacements?

They said they'd ship the first 2 problem shirts. I haven't see tracking or the shirts yet. I haven't heard back about the second email I sent yesterday. I'm waiting until Friday to see what shirts show up to see if my OSI ones are in limbo or just slow.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Also in Tshirt news: I have a spare men's medium Spanakopita! Shirt if anybody is interested

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Why did my inner nerd have to notice Dean is in the back? :(

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Shindragon posted:

I really enjoy that Triester is basically a less dick version of Nick Fury.

My favorite Triester moment is when the hencmen/sidekicks get rescued and you see them all running back to their scientists/partners.

And then Triester shoots two civilians and then sheds a tear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKIH4E8hac

Probably my favorite part is how Professor Impossible doesn't know that Triester is being one sarcastic bastard.

If I recall correctly those two are adult swim/ Cartoon Network execs.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

Is this Season 6 or just a special?

It's definitely the special. Probably just the special.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

For some perspective:

Pilot: Feb 2003
Season 1: Aug-Oct 2004
Season 2: Jun-Oct 2006
Season 3: Jun-Aug 2008
Season 4: Oct 2009-Nov 2010
Season 5: Jun-Jul 2013

:smithicide:

Adjusted for inflation it's now "gently caress you! gimme $1.26"

:smithicide:

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

From what I've heard, NYCC has been exploding in recent years because SDCC is, I hate to say it this way but, too corporate. Plus, so many people live in NYC its easier for them to get there. I can imagine Doc and jackson on the subway carrying all their stuff for their panel.

I forgot if there's one in Portland, but I know the Seattle con is becoming bigger because so many writers and artists are in Portland these days.

Seattle's con is Emerald City Comic Con. They've been fighting the corporate swing but it just got bought out by Reed Pop. Last years 3-day passes sold pretty quickly. 2016 will be 4 days and I expect it to sell out quickly too.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

tarlibone posted:

I don't know, and what I want to know is, how is it he didn't enroll at Greendale? Seems like a more appropriate college choice.

I've been told that city college and community college are about the same thing. So I'm expecting something close to Greendale.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Early on the show mentions Colorado, but in the special the Monarch drives from New Jersey.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

tarlibone posted:

To be fair, the only reason I know this is the fact that I'm an insane lunatic about geography and maps, so as soon as I saw this years ago, I looked up the fakest label on that map--Imhambane--to see if it was in Africa or if it existed at all. And of course, I have a map that shows the provinces of Mozambique, because what man my age (30s-40s) living in Illinois doesn't need one of those on a daily basis, and there it was.

In fact, I spent quite a bit of time proving that the map image in O.R.B. was fake by enhancing it as much as I could and looking for town names and roads. Nope. Totally made up.

The Maplook map in ORB is a map of Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Colorado and Wyoming with the names changed slightly and the interstates re-numbered. You can recognize the grey lines as state boundaries and major cities are correctly placed with names changed. I'm working off a low quality freeze so some letters are blurry but the jist of it is:

Poisek (Boise), Grin Falls (Twin Falls) and Ahabo Falls (Idaho Falls) are correctly placed for Hoaho to be Idaho. Adeva is Nevada. Gutoh Is Utah with Orlen (Ogden) and Cake City (Salt Lake City). El Dorado is Colorado, they didn't even bother renaming Junction. Hycyonga is Wyoming (I can't make out what they've named Jasper) and Hantania is Montana.

It is however far too zoomed out for White to being seeing driving directions down to a mile. Nothing is really marked as the actual location, there are several numbered spots in Colorado and Montana.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Does anyone happen to have a screengrab or know which episode(s?) Hank has a blue Venture Industries messenger bag? I recall it had white piping.

No better grab but I think it's in Pomp and Circutry when Hank runs off to join Sphinx. http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/reviews/10531-venture-brothers-410-pomp-and-circuitry.html

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
So was I the only one hoping that Billy had switched out the ORB and that's why he had to get it back from St Cloud?

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Cernunnos posted:

AKA:

Goldilocks
Captain Mullethead
Frankenmullet
Brock of Ages
BrockLobster
Brocodile
Pop 'n' Fresh
Babe Ruthless
Brock Ness Monster
AGENT TOPANGA LAWRENCE

I've been keeping Shore Leave's list for years. Additionally:
Chewbrocka
Brockcusteau
Brockstar
And mentions to a fortress of Brockitude.

The end credits make it look like they're getting financial incentives to have the show set in New York, so they might stick around.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I really hope Dr. Mrs the Monarch goes full on against Rusty for being the Blue Morpho and only mentions it to Watch and Ward in the finale, when they say,"Nah we were on the phone with him when that happened, if you'd just asked us we could have avoided all this trouble."

They should have left them on the Council of 13 :colbert:

The two most knowledgeable people!

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
They're sticking to the story that the Monarch's henchman kidnapped Gary /21.

https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/videos/10153913946686745/

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

JT Jag posted:

Yeah I ordered that poo poo right quick

Was kinda surprised it wasn't the one 21 was wearing though

21's Clamity Conference shirt was part of last season's shirt club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Kesper North posted:

Well, I mean, you see a cat, you pet it. That's just how it works. But this is Venture Brothers. This poo poo always means they're setting up for something later.

So how long until they do something with Rocket Impossible?