Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simble
May 11, 2004

Falken posted:

How do I enter stuff into the scratchpad for stuff like the Maverick slew speed and LS time for weapon profiles?

You can use the UFC (up front controller) or the CDU keyboard on your right. Enter the data, press the appropriate select key to fill it, then save the profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simble
May 11, 2004

Shanakin posted:

If I want to take advantage of this sale and get FC3, I need LOMAC right? Where's the best place to get that these days

Are you American?

This still works, but I'm 99% sure it's only in the US:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.180159900/sac.true

I used this when I got FC3, and it worked.

simble
May 11, 2004

madpanda posted:

Do yokes rotate and turn fast enough for them to be viable for racing games or even just euro truck sim?

Considering just going that route for flight sims and it would be a nice bonus to use them for driving, esp. if i eventually get pedals.

Sure they turn fast enough. The problem is with the range. A typical Yoke like the CH yoke has about 90 degrees of rotation. A good wheel has 900 degrees of rotation. You can map the yoke to an exponential curve and it will work for some basic stuff.

simble
May 11, 2004

IRC is your best bet. I'm sure you can get some of us to tag along. #flightsim on synirc. Also you could check the mumble server listed in the OP.

simble
May 11, 2004

Another warthog deal. This one comes with pedals.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2017155

simble
May 11, 2004

Just FYI, ActiveSky Next doesn't work with 2.5 yet. Sounds like they'll have a release soon.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?4300-Prepar-3D-2-5

simble
May 11, 2004

I just started using PFPX and TOPCAT together and man does it tickle my sperg bone. It makes flying the big stuff really cool. It touches a special part of my brain when my fuel remaining lines up perfectly with my planned waypoints.

simble
May 11, 2004

XPlane will natively connect to Foreflight. I don't know about Garmin Pilot.

FSX can do it too, but it requires a 3rd party app called FSXPilot (pay) and after googling I guess there's a free one called FlightSimGPS.

simble
May 11, 2004

You could also file with any of the 3 departures from KINT with a GSO transition.

simble
May 11, 2004

Counterpoint, get your pilots license, it's fun.

simble
May 11, 2004

I'd say there's more reason to get it if you don't have something like TrackIR. You can hotkey a lot of common views. It's very useful.

simble
May 11, 2004

aunt jemima posted:

Last bit of stream nonsense then I'll give it a break for a while: on Saturday, Feb 11 I'll be doing an all-day stream as I try to complete the Day in the Life Challenge in real time (real weather etc as well). Got a bunch of flight sim companies to donate stuff for giveaways so come by and say hello, keep me company, and light a candle for the patron saint of flight sim stability.

I'll come by but only if you have epaulettes and a hat.

simble
May 11, 2004

I've flown the xp11 one. I fly a 172sp 90% of the time when I fly IRL. It's pretty good.

simble
May 11, 2004

Will also chime in to say thanks. So many hours of dcs played in that server and so many new internet friends met.

simble
May 11, 2004

I built this for my warthog stick. Had plans of doing a throttle version but never got around to it. I have a cardboard box with a bunch of poo poo in it that is the perfect height for the throttle that slides under my desk so not a lot of motivation.

My chair slides under it perfectly and the friction hold is plenty to keep it in place. And when I'm done it comes right out and just sits next to my computer case or in the closet.

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/tv9m4dh

simble fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 7, 2019

simble
May 11, 2004

PilotEdge also does a pretty rad AM simulation too. Sounds great.

simble
May 11, 2004

Rincey posted:

It's VHF and you know it, MOM :black101:

And how bout that ATIS? Hoo boy, some stable genius wrote that!

(This is a good time to point out that I recently changed my SA name since this is the only thread I really post in, hi hello I used to be aunt jemima but then I decided to run for governor in Virginia)

Both VHF and AM are involved. One is frequency, the other is modulation. I'm assuming the sound quality comes from the modulation and not the frequency, but I can't find a reference. It's probably both, I imagine. I don't know, radios are magic.

simble fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 20, 2019

simble
May 11, 2004

hayden. posted:

I have maybe a dozen (real) hours logged so far and radio calls (even non-controlled) are definitely something I'm not comfortable with, so I'm grateful this exists. It only seemed ridiculous because I didn't realize they were paying ATC.

edit: with pilotedge, does anyone use multiplayer to see other traffic? Or is everyone just playing single player?

You play single player and use a Pilotedge client that injects traffic into the game.

simble
May 11, 2004

OhsH posted:

gottem

Especially you.

simble
May 11, 2004

As of this post, you can order the honeycomb throttle again for "week 2 production."

simble
May 11, 2004

Sportys is a super reputable pilot shop. You shouldn’t have any trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simble
May 11, 2004

Romes128 posted:

The double button thing for the trim is a real life thing to avoid accidental adjustments while holding the yoke while flying. I can't remember which planes actually use it tho irl.

Even a 172 with electronic trim will have this feature.