Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Beard :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I am 35 pages behind this thread but after 20 pages of goon sperginess about "pretty borders" I was hoping that Wiz hasn't done his last CK2 plus because I want him to add something that makes every county a random color because pretty border colors are the dumbest thing to complain or freak out about. It's not ADD, it's just really dumb and the gooniest thing possible.

So please Wiz, can you do that if you haven't made the last CK2 plus, thank you I will love you forever. That or make all county colors black. :sparkles:

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Rumda posted:

You do know its not the colours we mean when we talk about pretty borders right. Its the shape of them.

That... That's even worse. :negative:

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

DrSunshine posted:

I don't, but I could make one, right here, right now.

Features
  • True Cognatic Succession available to anyone with high or absolute crown authority
  • Female Councillors available with True Cognatic Succession law
  • Female Councillors will require a martial/theological/stewardship/diplomatic education or at least 12 in those respective skills
  • A new trait Born on the Battlefield for children born to pregnant women leading armies, that gives a bonus to martial and prestige
  • Norse can designate martially talented women as Shieldmaidens, an honorary title that confers +20 relations and a bonus to prestige

It works with Old Gods, but I don't know what ICBN is!

Oh yes, Sonendar for v.1.10 is available.

Things about my own mod that I don't understand yet (in other words, bugs which I am too unskilled at modding at to even begin to know how to fix):

• Boats cannot traverse the supposedly traversable river to get to the big lake at the center
  • Followers of The Deep Reaver supposedly can loot for wealth, but when they land on a province, they don't loot
  • Everyone starts off at tech level 6.5 or 7.
  • Religion icons are weirdly messed-up

Can born on the battlefield have an icon of Revolver Ocelot or a picture of The Boss?

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Doomdark can one of the DLCs be "Ugly Maps" except it's not a DLC but a hardcoded patch into the game where every map is ugly because I want to see everyone's head explode over it since "Pretty Maps" seems to be something that is serious business.

Thanks. I will pay you lots of money.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Ofaloaf posted:

You don't

You don't even joke about that. Pretty borders are one of the central motivators in every Paradox game.

Do it. :getin: Every county is a different color that doesn't match at all what the county beside it is.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Ofaloaf posted:

Yeah, county colors being wildly different is something even done in CK2+. It's the things like, for example, the HRE owning a single county in Spain and two in northern Russia, which drive people nuts.

This is the hardcoded patch I want. With jagged edges and odd shapes and everything.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I hope whomever is doing this LP isn't like the person doing the Vicky 2 LP who updates once a week if you're lucky.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

quiggy posted:

Is it wrong of me that now I want Paradox to release a DLC explicitly for the purpose of baiting racists? "CK2: Now with Jews, Romani, and, aw what the hell, African Americans and Aborigines."

No I want the same thing for their reactions and goon reactions. Also I hope they are really unbalanced so they can take over Europe very easily.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Excellent. I am excited to read the Paradox forum anti-semitism and internet atheism!

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

CapnAndy posted:

HELL loving YES Jews, imma rep my people, yes to overhauls to vanilla-rear end Christianity, although I pity the poor bastard who's been doing the tutorial LP for Catholics...

...wait, that's me, isn't it. MONKEY'S PAAAAAAAAAAW :argh:

Make it an AAR on the Paradox forums and make sure you take over all Balkan countries and any other crazy nationalists on that forum to make them really, really mad please.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Strudel Man posted:

Making people mad is a terrible motivation for anything.

I disagree. Making bigots, racists, anti-semites, sexists, etc angry is a wonderful thing.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Strudel Man posted:

Deliberate antagonism is exactly the opposite of what gets people to change their minds. I understand that you may feel like you get a thrill out of annoying those who your social sphere identifies as Bad People, but it does nothing to help anyone.

Pro-tip: They will never change their minds, so why bother?

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Johan please make ugly borders in the next patch to drive people crazy.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
War rape! Haha! Oh Goons.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Cease to Hope posted:

Stop doing this.

They removed gender equality because the AI has serious problems with not properly mat-marrying under absolute cognatic and enatic successions, and fixing that is beyond the reach of modding.

Goons: Don't play the game how you want to play it unless it involves keeping incest.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Who gives a poo poo. Reminder that this thread had several pages of goons crying over paradox patching out incest. Those who live in glass houses...

I give a poo poo because both these threads are bad. This one when it comes to creepy stuff, Paradox forums when it comes to Racism. I hope that helps.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Regarding people wanting to flesh out CK2 rather than add new things.

You know they can do both right?

Anyway i'm really excited about this DLC because of the racists after the announcement and hopefully the "ugly borders" spergs freaking out once it's released. I've caught up on this thread (read the last 15 pages) and "ugly borders" posts are my favorite posts so thank you for making me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Disco Infiva posted:

And you might laugh now at "pretty borders" crowd, but pretty soon you're going to like them ironically, and that is just one step from posting hateposts at ugly maps :argh:

Pretty borders are like drugs.

I will hate the pretty borders crowd, I will hate you all forever. Long live ugly maps.

• Locked thread