Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crm
Oct 24, 2004

What's a good place to start with Old Gods, because I don't know wtf is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

You can't un-gavelkind the Pagans?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

If you do a reformation on the Norse religion, you still can't switch to primogeniture unless you have High crown authority?

I hate hate hate gavelkind :(

Are only unlanded sons given crap once you die? Can I give my second son a duchy and the first one gets everything else?

The best alert was the "you haven't been at war in 2 years. you're losing prestige, go kill something"

crm
Oct 24, 2004

withak posted:

I think if you make your extra sons bishops then they can't inherit.

Can somebody verify this works in Norseland?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

It seems you can't make your heir a Godi to disinherit him.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Sheep posted:

Speaking of this, why doesn't The Old Gods include CK2+'s handy "this dude WILL/WILL NOT become your vassal" notification on this sort of thing? That's definitely one of the things I'm really missing in vanilla now.

Anyways does anyone know where this is in CK2+ and how hard it would be to rip out into its own mod?

It worked for me. All of my sons except the one I want to inherit were given temples and are no longer in the succession.

Your direct heir. It said it very clearly in red text. I could make people down the succession line a Godi, but not my first born son.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

There might actually be too many wars in TOG.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

when you're raiding, is it better to sit there and seige or just move quickly between areas?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

I'm playing as Fairhair. I've created Norway. Another Norse dude has Sweden. I don't have a subjugate Sweden option.

wtf?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

DJ Dizzy posted:

Are you pagan?

Of course I am.

I have another subjugation option for him, just not sweden.

crm fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 1, 2013

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Is there a way to only select boats?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Is there any bonus to having more than the 3 pagan holy sites to reform things?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

How do you figure out what the succession line for somebody else's title is?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Another rule has one of my vassals in prison. Is there anything I can do to get them released?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Two questions

1) is there a way to destroy a title through the console?

I didn't realize creating the impact of creating Empire of Brittania when I already had Empire of Scandanavia

2) Let's say you've taken over the world. You are Emperor of The Medieval World

What is in your personal demense? What kingdom(s) and duchy(s) do you keep/

crm
Oct 24, 2004

forkis posted:

To answer question 1: invite a new courtier to your court. give_title e_brittania [his character ID]. kill [his ID]

if i grant him the emperor title, won't he go off and be his own liege?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Stalins Moustache posted:

Just a quick question!
I love the Total War games, but I don't like the combat :s I simply love playing diplomat and taking over all of a continent and a country and making my kingdom superior. If I like that type of diplomacy game, is this game worth playing? I recieved the game as a gift some time ago, and I tried to play it as well but holy hell it is way too much to take care of. Should I just push myself through that?

YES. I play exactly like that in Total War.

I haven't played Total War since I discovered CK2.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

For those of you who do massive, sprawling empires, what do you do with kingdoms that you can't create? Like the Hungarian empire, I can't seem to Usurp it (as a scandanavian) and I can't create the Holland empire at all, as it was never created.

Any recommendations?

I don't want all these freaking vassals heh

crm
Oct 24, 2004

repost for this page -

For those of you who do massive, sprawling empires, what do you do with kingdoms that you can't create? Like the Hungarian empire, I can't seem to Usurp it (as a Scandinavian) and I can't create the Holland empire at all, as it was never created.

Any recommendations?

I don't want all these freaking vassals heh

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Give the vassals to other kingdoms.

I do not like this solution.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Nightblade posted:

Have a person of the right culture educate someone of your dynasty, give him/her all the de-jure land of the empire/kingdom, grant them independence and enough money for them to create the kingdom/empire, wait until they get enough piety and create the kingdom/empire, then stab your way down the line until you inherit the kingdom/empire. Easy. :v:

Can I not give a dude two duchies and some cash in the du jure area and let him create it himself?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Something has to be done about title Creation requirements.

I've taken over at least half the world (have 20 kings as vassals) but once you get down into Hispania and Italy (and for some reason, I can't usurp Perm?) you just end up with a million Dukes and it succccccks.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Can you not usurp a title that you wouldn't be able to create?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

jpmeyer posted:

Correct. Although for some reason I've been able to usurp the Byzantine Empire as a Norse.

Yeah this pretty much kills the game for me. Sigh.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Why? It shouldn't. Usurp and create are the same thing, just only differing in if somebody else currently has the title or not.

I understand why it's treated the same, I just don't like the rule all together. I've already got ~20 kings under me, having infinite numbers of duchies as well makes empire management dang near impossible.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

chunkles posted:

Revoke and destroy them. I usually get my revoke on when my ruler is old and everyone loves him or after a rebellion.

I'm wanting to put a king between me and the dukes, the game just doesn't allow you to create "Christian" kingdoms if you're pagan.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Kagon posted:

If it bothers you, go to your landed titles under the common folder and open the landed titles file. Find the kingdom you're looking for- they're listed under k_whatever (e.g., k_armenia).

Now look for this:

# Creation/usurpation trigger
allow = {
religion_group = christian
}

Delete that, and you can make the title without being Christian. I just tested it using a Zoroaster Byzantine emperor to make Armenia, and it worked.

I guess I could do that with everything I suppose.

My map currently looks like this

I really don't have to go edit files every stinking time.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

Rather than taking out the creation requirements entirely, the way I'd do it is put in an alternate requirement of completely controlling the kingdom in question. I.e., for the one below, you'd have

code:
allow = {
	OR = {
		religion_group = christian
		completely_controls = k_armenia
	}
}
So you could do it with the normal thing if you're a christian, or if you're not, you can still create it if you have 100% of the counties and baronies and such.

the other option I've seen is changing yourself to Christian via console, create kingdom, switch back to previous one

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Allyn posted:

I'm sure I read earlier in the thread that someone made a mod which adds this to every kingdom/empire in the game... was it you? Well, whoever it was: would you mind uploading it? I'd quite like to use it :shobon:

yes, that would be the greatest mod ever

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Nolanar posted:

That was me! It was kingdoms only, and it's mixed in with a few other tweaks I put in, but it would be easy enough to make a public version. What's a non-pain-in-the-rear end place to upload the .rar file?

We could try this out?

http://www.sharefest.me/

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Nolanar posted:

For people who want to bypass those cultural/religious requirements, but still want them to mean something, I uploaded that mod I mentioned. I don't know Fake Latin well enough to come up with a standard CK2 mod name, so I just called it Tweaked Titles. Download it here.

Basically, the cultural and religious requirements for almost every kingdom and empire can be bypassed, but only if you control the entire de jure territory, down to the last holding. Venice has a city in one of the counties on the edge? No title for you.

Compatibility with other mods: no idea! A rough guess would be if it doesn't mod landed_titles.txt, it's probably compatible with Tweaked Titles.

edit:

Fair enough!

*hug*

crm
Oct 24, 2004

HenessyHero posted:

That was one hell of a revolt, I was down to -80% at one point.

Now I have 47 Prisoners :stare:

Edit:
Do you guys forgive and forget in these situations?

First off, strip them of extraneous titles (oh how you'd get two duchies? *revoke*)

Then ransom them off.

If you can't ransom them, release the content ones and those that don't especially hate you.

Give the rest to the All-Father.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Nolanar posted:

For people who want to bypass those cultural/religious requirements, but still want them to mean something, I uploaded that mod I mentioned. I don't know Fake Latin well enough to come up with a standard CK2 mod name, so I just called it Tweaked Titles. Download it here.

Basically, the cultural and religious requirements for almost every kingdom and empire can be bypassed, but only if you control the entire de jure territory, down to the last holding. Venice has a city in one of the counties on the edge? No title for you.

Compatibility with other mods: no idea! A rough guess would be if it doesn't mod landed_titles.txt, it's probably compatible with Tweaked Titles.

edit:

Fair enough!

This is great btw - one small issue, Kingdom of Leon doesn't have the 100% control The rest of the Hispania is fine though.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Chef Boyardee posted:

I know this has been said a million times before, but I would really like a DLC that expands the map eastward. Not all the way to China, but if it included Central Asia and India, maybe even as separate DLCs, I would flip my lid. That's what I want more than anything.

i conquering that area is anything lik3e conquering western russia, count me out. Literally the worst.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Nolanar posted:

TinTower posted:

Because it's trivial but boring to code, I also did it myself:

Full Kingdom Control Minimod
Hey did either of you dudes update your mods? TinTower's is missing and Nolanar's doesn't work in 2.0.2 or whatever the latest version was.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Is there a recommended list of mods to use?

Nothing game changing, just UI mods.

I'd love something that would allow me to filter search a little more.

Edit: Also, a have a large empire and put down a rebellion. I'm doing the normal revoke-and-redistribute-titles thing, however, it won't let me revoke The Kingdom of Mali from a dude because it's against the Crown Laws.

Is this right?

crm fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 29, 2013

crm
Oct 24, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is CKII a good introduction to Paradox games? If not, which is the easiest to catch on with? I really enjoy these types of strategy games in theory, but they also look incredibly daunting to start. I also have a pretty lovely laptop, so I was thinking of starting with one of the older games.

None of them are easy.

Play the tutorial to understand the interface, read this Let's Play:

http://lparchive.org/Crusader-Kings-2/

and then have fun failing.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

I'll repost since it seems to have gotten lost...

I have a large empire and put down a rebellion. I'm doing the normal revoke-and-redistribute-titles thing, however, it won't let me revoke The Kingdom of Mali from my vassal because it's against the Crown Laws of Mali.

Is this right? Seems like a bug.

Also, are there mods for the character search function? Like the ability to add more filters?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

So, my empire has a lot of kingdoms, but they have gotten really mixed up. Every du jure kingdom is split among 3 different kings.

This is making my OCD go nuts, heh.

I know I can retract vassalage, and between the give and take I'd probably be ok, but the -10 to all other vassals is going to kill me.

Any good strategy for attacking this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Mister Adequate posted:

Retract every single title in the realm on the same day!

Will I only take a single -10 or something?

• Locked thread