Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Mendrian posted:

You have to tell me now. I have to know, so I can then go back in time and stop it.

Having never read any Homestuck, from what I've seen said elsewhere, the way they describe Ligier the Green Sun in one of the shards is a Homestuck reference. Something about being green, and bigger than the universe, and so far away from the universe that it will end before it's light ever reaches it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
http://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/ask-the-developers-thread-summary/

Eric was nice enough to spare us having to go to rpg.net.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Roadie posted:

It's still pretty "great" that the Kickstarter never officially mentioned they were redoing stuff that would drag out the release date until a year after its original release estimate.

Yes they did, in one of the updates.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
What dark corner of the internet do I have to sacrifice myself to for this?

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Zereth posted:

Talking about that sort of poo poo is :filez: so nobody's gonna be giving you an answer.

Sorry. I wasn't looking for a link or anything, just a "it was posted to 4chan" or "there's a torrent" and then I'd look from there. When the first leak happened that much was said without issue, but if it's files then it's files, mea culpa.

I'm a silly backer, so it's just a matter of time, but I'm impatient.

I want to see how weapon tags ended up, because they seemed to be in infancy in the other leak. Also if the "the leak had twenty billion ways to add one die to see which ones stuck" theory proved out.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Transient People posted:

Tags are still pretty simple. Not too different from the leak really. And yes, it was posted in other sites. Holden found out that it showed up in the chans a while back, if the Exalted IRC is to be believed.

Yeah, I found it, and I'm happy with where tags went, for the most part.

I'm glad there wasn't a crusade this time.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how surprisingly intuitive and helpful the bookmarks on the pdf are. It even has bookmarks for all of the sidebars. It's almost like an index/glossary instead of just an interactive table of contents like most.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Ferrinus posted:

I guess the idea is that once you have all of those going at once the simple act of rolling some dice to craft something feels like operating a hugely complicated, powerful, and self-sustaining machine.

My gods...

They turned Craft into a cookie clicker mini game.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
They've had writers working on the other books for awhile.

Vance has said his chapter drafts for Arms of the Chosen are in, and I think he's said work has already started for dragonbloods.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Aren't we also getting a paid for fully developed professional official version of Anathema?

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
There's interest. That was very informative and appreciated.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
I think it should be more of a comparison of art v science. Science is dependant on repeatable definable results. Art has underlying principles and elements that can be defined and understood, but no formula is absolute.

Sometimes you can do everything by the book and it just doesn't work.

Then on top of that, I would even layer the complication of performance, and all of it's deltas as well.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
IIRC they happen during auspicious happenings. The main canon reference I can remember is when the jade prison broke, which was supposedly the first eclipse since the usurpation.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

ZeusJupitar posted:

I think there's an issue that effects a lot of fantasy stuff where we've lost sight of what should be epic action because of spectacle inflation. In the older source material killing a lion or a gorilla bare handed is a feat worthy of a Hero because the audience would understand how impossible that is in reality. Modern games and other geek media have escalated to the point where any animal that's not three times its natural size and made of burning steel feels like small fry.

Brb gonna run The Grey as an Exalted one shot.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Patrat posted:

It is definitely a Thing, the shittier armies are, the less important everything other than being personally being an unstoppable kung fu demigod finds itself.

If one guy can kill two legions by himself over the course of a few hours then the guy who can ride at the speed of the wind to the neighboring kingdom, ally with them, then return leading ten thousand warriors who remain fed despite crossing the Desert of Doom? Ends up becoming distinctly less useful. I have not played around with the new mass combat rules but in 2e it very much favoured the 'be an invincible sword god' option. I remember one campaign where I was playing a Dawn, it was set in the North in the Haslanti League, people were doing politics, etc... Then realization set in that my 30xp Dawn could quite literally kill the entire military of the Haslanti League in a single day if they were all amassed. The whole war that was supposed to be key to the plot? loving irrelevant, a single flying Solar who had taken an excessive number of melee and resistance charms could just sword everything endlessly and wipe out an army of ten thousand in the time it took them to move five miles. Literally the only thing that really mattered was Exalted and their personal ability to murder poo poo.

(Explanation, a Person of the Air (so winged) Dawn with a Thunderbolt Shield and regular daiklaive, poo poo tons of melee charms, 2e (not 2.5e) Iron Skin Concentration along with Tiger and Bear Awareness. DV in the high teens from character generation along with the ability to fly, ignore unexpected attacks from non essence stealthed sources, and kill a person or two a second. Fading Sunset Stance (I think?) to allow All The Counterattacks if somebody was stupid enough to try to mob them.)

Outside of cases like 'Get a bunch of dragonblooded to turbo charge their troops' that is, dragon blooded with armies in 2e were loving terrifying.

What was your war rating?

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Because a Twilight used Lore charms to brute-force their Bear Knowledge check, so now there are bears in the south, goddamnit.

Edit: or make them polar bears. As in, Pole-of-Fire bears. This seems eminently-reasonable.

The idea of five different flavors of polar bear is hilarious to me.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

theironjef posted:

mile-high bear Behemoths

Bearhemoths.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Kenlon posted:

Hey Roadie, have you magic'd up any more Charm trees?
(I can't believe they didn't include official ones in the book. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick.)

They probably cut them for space knowing that exactly this would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Man gently caress Buckley. Too bad he couldn't have died in the womb.

Seriously. I didn't realize that waste of space was still a thing. I don't understand how his art has actually gotten worse.

• Locked thread