Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

It must be terrible, working in an industry wide version of '90s Image Comics.

People decry Rob Liefeld and Jim Lee but even if they hid their feet drawings, they never forgot to actually draw legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Attorney at Funk posted:

Labor power dynamics are really interesting, especially at the intersection of niche fields and niche industries. But at the end of the day what goes in the book is what goes in the book, and the book is judged by what's in it, not by the way the people who make it are managed.

Labor power dynamics should be addressed on the Alchemicals book.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TwoQuestions posted:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/544/Manacle--Coin

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/98803/Masters-of-Jade

Both great books, and the Alchemicals setting book is badass as well. I know you were being sarcastic, but this road has unironically been trod very well. This is one of the reasons I like Exalted so much, as most of this is handwaved away in most other fantasy games.

I was being sarcastic but thank you for your book recommendations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A_Raving_Loon posted:

The potential to unite and inflict grand change being undermined by petty tribalism is an important part of the human mythos.

Don't forget to include petty ambition infighting! *looks at the Macedonian successor kingdoms*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Strength of Many is a poo poo-stirring jabroni, yes, but putting links for two sites chock-full of pedophiles on his redtext was uncalled for.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

homerlaw posted:

Hosted on somethingawful no less.

You should ask QCS to remove those, friend.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Regarding the War Charms, is 3E actually going to fulfill my desire to play as Dynasty Warrior's Zhuge Liang/Sima Yi, aka genius strategists who can also take an army on by themselves?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

I posted this before, but the underworld is totally where the medieval European aesthetic in Creation needs to live. The 3E team's trying to figure out how to spice up the realms of the dead? Just straight up make them Dark Souls. Straight up.

Undead burg but even more undead? Interesting!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Few kickstarted RPGs deliver on time, though. Guess it's wait and see then.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I know that it's on the posters best interests if they don't blow the NDA and therefore get sued down to their pants due to a mishap, but it'd be cool to get more info than the KS updates that are like... Once a month?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

expendable liquid resource

Oh that reminds me. Are the heroin piss dinosaurs returning on 3E?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'd get really flippin' angry if there were no more dinosaur people on the setting! Good job not taking them off!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was a pretty good comic, yeah. Makes me curious about that Rakan dude, since IIRC he's the Getimian leader.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

QuintessenceX posted:

Also, any confirmation that the backer characters were in there? I reallllly can't wait to see how they use my characters name in the 3E core.

Stallion Cabana said that he recognized some of the non-speaking characters from one of his games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zereth posted:

Wasn't the WoD MMO officially canceled?

:thejoke:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hmmm, think "Dickus who flies through the Buttes" is better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RPZip posted:

Lord Weed of the Bonerhilters.

*sigh* Do you even know the naming conventions of Exalted characters? *whispers* Boring troll...!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That was quick.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nessus posted:

I don't know.

Cars here seems like a solid elder-level Lunar concept to me.

An Elder Lunar who eats Abyssals would be such a loving good NPC boss.

Also 3E should let Abyssals be more Dio-like. Seriously I made a build to be as Part 1 Dio as possible but while I got the eyebeams and the freezing thing (somewhat), I want some charms that let me summon THE WORLD.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the Guild is capitalistic as hell but they are an evil organization too because they are literal opium dealers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So basically they are the kind of corporation that would really work well on a Libertarian world.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sometimes a game where you play as a sun god and friends is a game where you play as a sun god and friends. Maybe don't try to go all SuperMechaGodzilla on it, for christ's sake.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

No you're right, there's no place for analysis. Let's go back to speculating about charmsets or rehashing which Infernals chapters you should probably skip v. which ones you should definitely skip.

I'd rather have that than read paragraphs or what party would Ma-Ha-Suchi would vote for or who in creation is the closest to Hitler.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

So who in Exalted is closest to a fedora libertarian?
Gonna go with

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kinda curious on why you waited until today to do so, Plague. Also why you pledged that much?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Mors had some choice works about Exalted 3rd Edition that will prove hope is dead.

Don't insult my friend Mors Rattus like that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can I still eat babies as a Fae, like play as the fat bastard from austin powers but he's now an elf guy but he's still GET IN MAH BELLAY when he sees the baby you know just like that

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stephenls posted:

Well, given my previously stated position on baby-eating, what do you think?

That's an yes then. Awesome!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

Good. Good.

yeah lets not use the mondo sweet death robots..... frick off, m8

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol @ caring about things

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm gonna call Brother Jonathan to this thread.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave, like, I want to kill everyone in the world already I need no excuse like NPCs being lovely to do that on imaginationland, brotha! Bringing chaos and doom and death and all that shtuff is the true reward of exaltation :twisted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was tried and failed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is the title true? Would like some clarification on it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Long story short - no, not really.

The part about being a fuckhead to this Michael Goodwin guy is true though?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

Michael Goodwin tried to put target number manipulation into World of Darkness for the sake of rhetorical impact so he can basically go hang.

Etherwind got a 100k day for saying that kind of thing... Ah, if only...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

It's like having separate feats for axes and swords.

BOY I GOT BAD NEWS

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Bad news, Plutonis' Discount Ghostfuck Warehouse was only temporary.

As soon as I finish reading grappling rules Imma suplex you.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I dunno about the necessity of Liminals on the setting but Exigents are incredibly kick-rear end and have nigh-infinite potential for character-making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok posted:

Aren't Liminals sort of like the PCs from Prometheus? Frankenstein things trying to find a purpose (I guess sans the part where everyone hates them).

They are robots played by Michael Fass Bender?

• Locked thread