Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So, you guys think that the finished PDF will drop by the end of the month?

Also please tell me they realized Crafting was bad and made it not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

I would say it's almost certainly gonna be before the end of the year.

Craft isn't going to change, they have been pretty adamant about that, so I doubt it. Unless they did. You can never tell because one of Holden's favorite things is the double whammy of 'No one has thought about this more then me and Hatewheel' and 'Haha look at these people working with super outdated versions of the game.'

I still don't understand why they don't change it. Are they that afraid of people making cool swords and poo poo? gently caress, if the weapons and armor you made with Craft came with Evocations, I'd understand if that's why it took so long.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Is Linguistics broken like Integrity in that it sucks or broken in the sense that you'd be a moron if you were an Eclipse or a Twilight and didn't have it?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like the martial arts in this. Black Claw Style sounds fun, even if Tiger and Snake are way better. Someone told me White Reaper kind of sucks, which is a shame because it's the only one compatible with all armors.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So what charm trees do you guys like the most and the least? I've found Lore good, save for that branch where you gift people your XP because that doesn't seem to be fun unless you're playing a martial arts instructor or some other really specific type of character. Larceny also has some really fun charms. The combat charms as a whole are really great too.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 19, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Should I max abilities or attributes first? Abilities are cheaper and you need them to unlock charms, but attributes apply to a lot of things.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So it'll release next month if they don't gently caress everything up. That's good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Next month implies a full month and not two weeks.

It's finally coming out but man was this a loving disaster.

That's what I meant. It's gonna be out in early October.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So Exalted thread, is it a bad idea to use purified vitriol to make armaments for people on Creation? Like, are they gonna become corrupted or some poo poo, or can I just hand out demonically reinforced iron and bronze armaments willy nilly?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

It might be a bad idea, but it's more an economic and ecological hazard than a moral one. Don't spill the vitriol and mind how you dispose of and/or recycle the slag.

Will throwing the horrible nuclear Hell waste into a shadowland make it worse?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Is an angry ghost worse than a regular ghost?

I have Ghost-Eating Technique so I guess the angry ghost will just have to deal with it

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Would anyone be up for a RollD20 Exalted game?

What time and day, bud?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Friday, Sat, or Sun at 7CST to 10 or 11

Can do Friday and Saturday, but I got another Exalted session on Sunday.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm looking at Brawl charms and I saw Fivefold Fury Onslaught and my mind was loving blown. Am I missing some flaw or can you really throw up to 6 attacks that will get progressively stronger? Holy poo poo

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Transient People posted:

Welcome to why the universally accepted best strategy for Brawl is 'round 1, pay the motes and WP and chuck out a multiattack regardless of init, just fuckin' do it'. For bonus points, this also gives you a maxed out excellency on the cheap (via Wind and Stones Defense) and tons of extra damage (via Ferocious Jab), as well as forcing the target to spend motes on onslaught negators on every attack or die. Literally regardless of your build, a supernal Brawler should start with FFO and Ferocious Jab.

My mind's telling me no, but my inner munchkin is telling me yesssssss

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So if I've got Martial Arts do I attack with that or Brawl if I'm going unarmed?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Is anyone still interested?

Yeah. I'll have a sheet up sometime. I think you forgot to advertise your thread in the TG Game Recruitment sticky though, which may be why no one else has said they are interested. I think most people look there to see if there's a new game than just looking up and down The Game Room.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.reddit.com/r/exalted/comments/3o4xdd/ama_out_of_nowhere/

Ask Holden anything (such as when Exalted 3rd Edition will come out)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

quote:

From when you finished the charms to this final corrections and edits, have you updated any of the rules? Addressed some things like the Ahlat TKO to Brawl bug?
I know some stuff had to hit the cutting room floor to get the book to size. Do you expect these charms to show up in a future Solar's Player's Guide like manual?
How big has the backlog of new material gotten now? I know you have been working DB's and the year 1 books after the core drops. Must be driving you and hatewheel mad.
Do you have a Crafting FAQ in mind already? XD

quote:

1) Not a bug. 2) We didn't cut a single Charm in the course of trimming wordcount. Added some, in fact. 3) 2015 was originally supposed to be the year when Abyssals dropped, man. This project. 4) Everyone will love crafting without a single exception anywhere in all the land!

lmao

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

gourdcaptain posted:

I presume Holden's being sarcastic? I honestly can't tell with this anymore.

Yeah, I'm guessing so, but he sounds kind of salty about it regardless.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
What do you think would be a good houserule on that? Limit the amount of onslaught a guy can get from one source or something?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So, for those of you who are in or running a game of 3e , how's it going? I'm having a lot of fun in a campaign where my group and I are building up a lovely little border town on the edge of Ma-Ha-Suchi's territory into a force to be reckoned with.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
What evocations would be good for a 5 dot starmetal spear? Give me some ideas, oh Exalted thread.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Transient People posted:

That's a bit too general. What's the story of the spear? We can build something if we know its background.

My character stole it off a hapless Chosen of Battles in a crowded market and Exalted while doing it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

That can inform the way the weapon reacts to you and what Evocations you get, but it still needs an actual history. What makes it special? What was it made of? What has it been used to do? stuff like that. Certainly the weapon might respond to being literally stolen off someone by your Evocations being focused around thievery or distracting opponents, but otherwise the other stuff about it matters.

Well, read through the old Exalted 2e setting books to find out what gods got ganked in the Usurpation that would make a nice hunk of starmetal, and I think I found one: Darunla, former war wolf-goddess of the East and big fan of the Solar Exalted (much to her detriment). The Sidereals made her fallen star into a very nice spear for one of their Chosen of Battles who landed the final blow on her and it went to his next incarnation once he kicked the bucket. And then my character stole it because it was there and it looked nice. So I figure its evocations could be evocative (forgive the pun) of a wolf stalking its prey, as my character specialized in combat stealth.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Have they said why they don't use Find and Replace in whatever program they're using?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I just want Exalted to come out before my birthday in November.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

How many more Novembers you plan on living through

I don't want to answer this question in case it somehow jinxes me to die exactly on whatever made up date I say as a joke

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

lmfao

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Number 2: That's terror.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It seems like, judging from the description of the MA form charms, they want you to activate Simple charms after you've joined combat. Like, what's the point of tacking on all those conditions where you can reflexively activate a form if you can just say "I ASSUME CRANE FORM" as battle starts?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

But is the Sidereal sincere or ironic?

Depends on if she's Bronze Faction or Gold Faction

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Nessus posted:

:siren: :tem: :shittydog: BOOK'S A'COMIN, PRAISE JESUS :shittydog: :tem: :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU-4QGbb6XY Heck yeah

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Nihnoz posted:

I seriously started recruiting for an exalted 3e game using the leak just minutes before I heard the announcement that the book will be out this week.

Tell me more about this game

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Woah

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well crap, that one guy who was gonna run an Exalted game fell off the face of the Earth. And I spent all that time on my character sheet :( . Oh well, maybe someone will run a game when the PDF finally releases. Or maybe I should stop being a wuss and GM it myself.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Thug Lessons posted:

The game filled up within like 5 minutes.

What game? I was talking about the one that NutritiousSnack guy was advertising here.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

I knew there was a reason I haven't gamed online in like 9 years.

I just wanted to play 2 games of Exalted in a week and then the guy disappears right as he was about to start the game :(

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Backer PDF is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Some of the art is really good but there's like 2 pieces where it was obviously made with some sort of 3D renderer and they're terrible.

• Locked thread