Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

obscurer en tut posted:

Cask 2 - Charleston SC

I was told that the only way digging for the cask could be authorized at WPG is if the request is coming as part of a formal archaeological survey sponsored by an accredited college or university, complete with a detailed dig plan that has been signed off on by the Preservation Society.

What's the possibility of this happening? I've no experience with academia; is there some way we can get some fancy private college with an archaeology department excited enough to sign off on stuff like this?

What about some sort of scanning device that doesn't involve digging? Would ground-mapping radar be precise enough? Could it tell a ceramic container from a large rock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

The most disappointing thing about the SF cask is that most every park in the city has undergone major renovation since the '80s. The only hope would be if it were buried in Russian Hill Park (you can see the backwards Gh, Alcatraz and the posts from here); I don't believe this park has been touched.

What are the "cons" against Russian Hill being the location? Those "pros" sound pretty simple and solid.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

From this vantage point, the giant Betsy Ross Flagpole would have been right behind the viewer. The fountain pool matches the table-top very closely. The Lincoln Highway marker is a great match for the table-post and there is a silhouette of Lincoln in the drawing. The entire parking lot area when seen from above matches the woman's head perfectly. The crossed arms in the drawing match "Crossover Drive" in Golden Gate Park. Take a "giant step" from the "giant pole" would mean going to the south dropoff from the parking lot, towards Fulton Street (the inventor of the steam boat and "the object of Twain's attention"). The "J" of the flower stem matches John F. Kennedy Drive in Golden Gate park which passes under Highway 1 ("sounds from the sky near ace is high" which also goes "north, but first across"). The numbers match avenues that intersect the park. The site sits amid a golf course (golf balls in picture).

But this area was reconstructed and dug out for sprinkler installations since the '80s. Too bad, because I think this is the spot.

Er... the Palace of Fine Arts isn't in Golden Gate Park, though. Why the references to GGP? Just to establish SF as being the city in question?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

It's the Legion of Honor near the Golden Gate Park, not the Palace of Fine Arts which is over by Crissy Field.

Hurr, whoops. That makes more sense, especially after seeing how the verse leads you from Golden Gate Park to Land's End.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Reg718 posted:

Hi guys, new to the forum. I stumbled upon the secret and its treasure hunt about 2 months ago in a you tube clip. Since that day I have been intrigued by it. I live in Brooklyn NY in the Bensonhurst area. Close to, JJP park, Shore road park and Fort Hamilton high. While I believe all of these are possible locations I am not 100%. The picture and verse are so vague. Unlike the pics and verses in the 2 that have been found. There was EXACT images in the pics of landmarks close to dig site. I know I am new to this board and this search in general, but I have been searching and studying since that first day 2 months ago. I have even gone to all the locations I listed and I just don't see it clearly. That being said, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you guys know I'm in this now for the long haul, lol. Hopefully one day somebody does unearth one of these casques, it would be very exciting. Even if there is nomore jewl. And be more than happy to help anyone around the NYC area do some studying and scouting. I know I'd be open to any help I could get.

P.S. I purchased the kindle edition of book shortly after getting involved due to the used copies of the paperback going for over $100. Like I said I've mostly focused on NY and what is said to be the accompanying pic/verse. In doing so I noticed a few distinct differences. In the verse I see on most websites which I believe is directly from book, the word Nearby has its own line and people feel this is important. In kindle version Nearby does not have its own line, it is the last word on the line "Although the sign Nearby". Also in the pic, the space between the center and right onion dome on the websites, again I'm assuming directly from book, is curved and to me kind of looks like the map of state of NJ upside down, and there's a tiny white circle at the bottom. In the kindle edition the space is there but it's a straight line. Not curved at all and the white circle is not there, it is below the jewl in this pic. Not sure if any of this is important. I never read on any site I've looked at so far about anybody thinking the space looks like New Jersey. But I have read about the word Nearby being by itself. I just thought I'd throw it out there and if anyone has kindle edition and access to the actual book maybe you can go deeper on this. Thanks guys. Sorry for long first post.

your first post sucked, i'm not reading this bullshit, kill you're self

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tony Homo posted:

Then take me up on the offer.

alternate option: forums poster Tony Homo funnels Draino into his own rectum, dies

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

gnarlyhotep posted:

because of all the dumb loving reports we've had from this thread I am now going to babysit you

lol goons are loving terrible

e:

Reg718 posted:

Why the dunce cap? You honestly can say that the space between the center onion dome and right dome does not in ANY way resemble NJ?? Upside down like the tower in Cleveland pic. I'm not stating im convinced it does represent NJ or saying I think it's buried there. Just an observation. Others have come up with way more far out observations than that. And I'm only saying it cause I have the kindle edition and in this version the pic is different as well as the verse linked to this pic. Nearby is not alone on a line it's all one line , although the sign Nearby. That's different from original. Just wondering why

you most of all

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Urban Smurf posted:

Tungsten halogen lamps is where its at.

:agreed:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Is Urban Smurf the ultimate try hard troll or just insane?

ya

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i like this thread and am glad someone is digging soon. let us know when you find something, xie!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

mods???

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

AARP LARPer posted:

Urban Smurf is the only good part of this thread which means that, yeah, I like his postings more than anybody else’s and I can see how that might spark some jealousy among the pretenders to the throne here.

:justpost:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

make urban smurf a mod

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

its 31 year old unsolved treasure hunts all the way down

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

CommonShore posted:

either way update 31 to 40

no

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

putin is a oval office posted:

There were some clearly very unwell people posting itt, I hope they are doing okay

do not gaze too long into the Let's solve a 31 year old unsolved treasure hunt! thread, lest the Let's solve a 31 year old unsolved treasure hunt! thread gazes into you.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

it will always be a 31 year old unsolved treasure hunt in our hearts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

lets be real, we're all goons here. we are all unwell. je suis urban smurf

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

thanks for the updat urbansmurf. thanks for the funny posts everyone else. threads like this are what i love about SA and make me hope it carries on

its in MY rear end

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

urbansmurf for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

lmfao priess' ability to exceed all reasonable expectations continues to amaze