Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Cosmik Debris posted:

Chrysanthimum sort of looks like a scorpion, which would account for the scorpio zodiac for november.

I don't quite see the scorpion, but Chrysanthemums are considered the flower of November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Jubs posted:

What has the guy who drew the pictures have to say about the clues? He had to know what they were in order to include them in the drawings.

Way early on it was discussed the artist was sworn to secrecy and has since refused to elaborate on anything.

I've followed this thread since the beginning and despite the impossible odds and jerking around am still holding out something will be found. :unsmith:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I know the location of a cask but while typing up the message that described my solution I broke my wrist.

After that heals, and if it isn't winter, and I'm not busy I'll tell you guys.

Waitaminute, you broke your wrist but typed this post? Are you sure this just isn't your one Internet post from jail?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Why? People look for it here and it's one of the cooler threads to happen.

Plus this was the last thread of GBS 1.0, and it's remained for GBS 1.0: 1.0. :unsmith:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Yo BigBadSteve I'm sorry you hurt your wrist and also can't dig. I mean I'd be upset too. No need to take it out on a bunch of theorycrafters who don't want to get arrested for digging rando holes on federal land in 2016. Or maybe you're like me and can't risk it for professional reasons, which is totally reasonable.

I believe in 36-yo unsolved treasure hunt thread. Some goon will be simultaneously be clever and foolish enough to dig. I refuse to think of this as the Super Hornio Bros 2 of goon treasure hunting!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Regarding permission: I seem to remember in the bowels of the thread the person with authority to grant access for the St. Augustine solve was either very opposed, dicey, or flakey about someone digging. I'm not sure if they were outright NO or just extremely hesitant, or may have considered giving permission but waffled on it, or got a NO from someone higher up. The casks were buried in early 80s on the sly and were possibly illegal to place then. Getting permission now is tough to say the least.

I also think people overestimate the size of these things. Aren't these 12 inch or less cubes?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Let’s be real: does this guy come off as if he’s followed the thread here and is trying to high-effort antagonize the long-time folks?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

As someone who quietly followed/skimmed it from the beginning, yes.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

May your wrists remain unsprained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

homullus posted:

A few flurries of actual discussion, a minority of it rational, and 12 years of people thinking they're funny when they revive the dead thread to announce that the real treasure was up their own rear end all along or whatever.

You forgot the wrist injury.

Is this the last active thread that was originally posted in GBS 1.0?