Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Cross posting the blade chaos build from the last thread I guess. This is not a group build. It is a leveling build. You do not need to follow it exactly.

Toshimo posted:

Beginner Blade/Chaos Build

SP:
1 - Blade Damage
2 - Chaos Damage
3 - Major Talisman
4 - Minor Talisman
5 - Head Talisman
6 - Blade Survivability
7 - Chaos Survivability
Repeat 1-5 (not 6 and 7) until max.

AP:
1 - Delicate Strike
2 - Delicate Precision
3 - Balanced Blade
4 - Hand of Change
5 - Entropy
6 - Call for Eris
7 - Gnosis
8 - Escalation
9 - Intensity
10-11 - Expose Weakness
12-14 - Dancing Blade
15 - Immortal Spirit
16-19 - Sharp Blades
20-26 - Stunning Swirl
27 - Blade Torrent
28 - Perfect Storm
29-30 - Martial Discipline
31-33 - Regeneration
34-35 - Illusion
36-38 - Master of Illusions
39-42 - Paradox
43-49 - Probability
50-51 - Paradigm Shift
52-54 - Schism
55-58 - Chaos Adept
59-65 - Domino Effect
66-74 - Shaken Foundations
75-86 - Backlash
87-102 - Karma
103-111 - Sleight of Hand
112-123 - Unfair Advantage
124-139 - Turn the Tables

Start with Delicate Strike(DS) as your builder. It's pretty much the same as Hand of Change(HoC), but getting a Blade consumer first will be better.
Once you get Balanced Blade(BB), you can use that at the start of a fight for more damage. So, your fights will go BB->DS->Repeat. Balanced Blade doesn't scale well with extra resources.
Once you have Hand of Change, you'll probably never use Delicate Strike again. You can just take it right off your bar. It will generate both resources and it has a passive that makes it better.
Call for Eris (CfE) will be your first Chaos consumer. It gets exponentially better with more resources. So, you should go BB->HoCx5->CfE->Repeat. If you get penetrates for bonus Chaos resources, use CfE as soon as you hit 5 resources.
Once you have Escalation (E) and Intensity, you'll probably use that for a builder, even on single targets. It hits more often (5% less glance) and it applies Exposed, which is a Weaken that makes the enemy take more damage. This gives you a chance to do extra damage with Gnosis on every hit.
Next, you get Dancing Blade, which is marginally better single target damage than Balanced Blade. I'm not a fan of it, but you should give it a try to see how it works.
Next is Blade Torrent, which is a bad Escalation that you shouldn't use. And Martial Discipline which is a defensive cooldown which also gives significant healing with its passive.
We grab Illusion as a second cooldown and Paradox on our way to Probability which is your first Elite Passive. Don't bother using Paradox. It's not very good.

So, your bar should look like this after your first 42 AP.
Balanced Blade/Escalation/Call for Eris/Martial Discipline/Illusion/Dancing Blade
Immortal Spirit/Regeneration/Gnosis/Intensity/Master of Illusions/Probability

Grab Paradigm shift as a 7th passive. Your bars are now complete until you get Karma (replaces Dancing Blade), Turn the Tables (Replaces Call for Eris).

Congrats, you should be soloing your way to greatness (or at least until the middle of Blue Mountain).

Edit
This is considered bad advice so take this post with a grain pile of salt. I haven't even gotten to Blue Mountain so I'll deffer to the others here on and so should you.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Paco de Suave posted:

Can I get one of the trial referral key things? This game sounds awesome.

WVZX2MUAGDWXEVMF63QT

Enjoy buddy.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Zephonith posted:

TACO EATING

Is it a magic taco or something? How is it all not just falling out? Is it a magic exorcise to help with minute control over objects by stopping things from falling out of a taco?

Is it just Funcompetence applied to a taco eating animation?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

OneEightHundred posted:

If you disassemble a taco, you get a nacho. Where the filling goes, nobody knows. Maybe they ARE magic.

Well fancy nachos can have the same things you find in a decent taco, cheese, meat, lettuce, sour cream(ew), ect, ect. Maybe it just goes onto the nachos.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

You know, maybe I'm not looking enough, but are there ANY hinders before elite abilities? It just seems kind of stupid when one of the passives it gives for starting pistols relies on something you can't do.
Edit
VVVV
I think it's worse that none show up till AFTER you get abilities that rely on them, making the passives totally useless and the actives less attractive then they should be. Seriously, what the hell are they thinking?

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 21, 2013

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

I've got an MMO itch and would like to request a trial key. Tried the game when it was in open beta and generally liked it, although for some reason Kingsmouth felt really... dry to me. The P2P system seems intriguing though.

4LAZJJW3972QB8GLJWHQ
There you go.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Assuming your working with pubbies at what point should one do Polaris anyway?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

JayJay posted:

Anyone got a trial key I can have? Preemptive sorry for making GBS threads up the thread.

Edit: Oh good, new page.

NLKL6EFEJF6JHUF7A8LP
There you go, enjoy your 3 days, 5 if you do 30 missions, yadda yadda.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm running a friend through the 72-hour trial to see if she digs the game and we're at 26/30 missions for the 2-day extension. My question is: Does she get 2 days AND the 1200 bonus points, or JUST the 2 days? Because if it's the latter, that's lame and it means eventually if she joins for good she'll have to shell out real money for Issue 6, right?

Doesn't buying it come with a months membership, which includes 1200 bonus points?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Frindevil posted:

If anyone has a trial key that would be great thanks, I'd love to try it. Even though it's only $10 I want to see :)

frindevil at gmail dot com or PM or message if you can help.

Sent it to your email, should arrive in a few.

Edit.
Well, beaten, sorry then. Oh hey got it.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 1, 2013

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Is there a way to tell where these event monsters will be in advance other then random luck?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

You know what, I'm not gonna go for the bosses unless I see one. No waiting or anything. I'm just gonna abuse the double AP for all it's worth and hit up a boss if I end up near it.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So I just fought the Savage Coast boss.

I did jack all to it but I actually had fun fighting the thing and seeing so many people just come to one small area after I told them it was there.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Zephonith posted:

The Tank was German and was pasting in his combat logs, and that's how I learned yesterday that Anima Well in German is Anima-Strudel.

I would eat the hell out of an Anima Strudel.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Black bullion, what is it? I've gotten it twice from boss drops.
The other one was a healing signet.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So what are the chances I'll see Fusang today for the golem there? I only need that one and the one from the Besieged Farmlands to round out my kills.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So it turns out I actually was tanking well enough in Polaris that the guy acting as a ringer for us said I'm about ready for Hell Revealed. Normal dungeons of course. That's cool.

So when does that update to fix Fusang hit today?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Fewd posted:

Is there any reason to even bother with the Fusang golem unless you're all OCD about the pets?

I want to be able to say I beat them all? I got one of the pets so I'm already happy about that.

Edit
When do they give you those monthly bonus points? I got 2 or 3 months from the event a few weeks ago giving you premium months if you recruited someone and they bought the game.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Well I got into a group but it just keeps showing the Fusang loading screen, putting me back in KM where I was before, then showing the screen again.

What. The. loving. Hell.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So seriously, when each month do the bonus points go out? Just sort of waiting on that to get Issue 7.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Cheston posted:

There's an option in your account settings called "Setup DLC Autobuy." It might be too late for this month, but if you enable this, it will always buy DLC when it comes out and subtract the difference when you get a new month's bonus points.

I'm just kind of wondering WHEN the points come so I know when I can go do it man.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Well I beat the last guardian. Is there any reward worth fighting any of them again?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

You know I'm really happy that the signet I got from one of the guardian things is something I would use, being able to occasionally make 4 Horsemen never glance honestly sounds pretty good.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So was rushing my Chaos skill to 9 asap to use my veteran chaos focus a bad idea? I mean the rest are 3s for my talismans and 4 for my other weapon. Only at Savage Coast although I'm able to do some of the quests in Blue Mountain just fine.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

I could see a major filth problem being found deep in the African jungle as a way of shoving a congo like area in after Tokyo.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Seemenaked posted:

Pretty sure Cassandra is Loki. The dialogue before Cassandra whacks Beaumont hints that she is in fact the real Loki. That line 'it's not you, it's me!' is a double entendre. It's also known in Norse mythology that Loki is a shape-shifting trickster and has posed as a woman on occasion.

I was kinda hoping she would come back later on with the techno excalibur.

Didn't he get knocked at one point? Hell wasn't that how his brothers horse was born?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Darxide is a twat. On the official forums he started asking people for ways to extract the ability text from the game files. Being the upstanding citizen I am, I pointed out that data mining is against Funcom's terms of service and many threads have been disappearing that even mention it.

His response is that if he can hand copy an ability description he should be able to extract it for his stupid little deck building website.

Oh well, we need special snow flakes to remind us the value of :10bux:.

Please tell you reported him for it.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

thewhitehand posted:

Anyone have a trial code for this game?

DH2NJ8LNYVGN9V6B4RYK
3KLWNBLNMXL876LJLKSX
U2XYMHDZEV28N9LQNXPD
Take your pick.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Am I doing something by trying to find people to group with for Hell Raised in The Savage Coast or something, because no one ever responds and the only other people using the LFG channel on there were looking to do Darkness Wars for some reason. Is that a thing on here for some reason, arranging to do dungeons in the area before wherever they are?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Schrodingers cat posted:

Whoever still hasn't played this game needs to realize the Polaris end boss has as many mechanics as Garrosh in WoW.

AAAAAH! Why did I not play this more since launch!?!?

It does? I've fought it twice. The first time it did some weird fog thing. The second time it died before it could do anything but attack a few times.

Speaking of bosses, gently caress MACHINE TYRANT. I pity the people who had to figure him out in order write guides about and I dread doing the nightmare version of Hell Raised because of how much worse it could be.

Also, the LFG channel is useless in my experience but the LFG thing that just lists everyone looking for people to group with will get you going pretty quickly. All 3 times I've used it I've ended up with decent groups and the only wipes were on machine tyrant and an aborted attempt to Darkness War right after Hell Raised with 2 of them being undergeared for it. No idea how it is for nightmares, but for normal it seems just fine.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 15, 2014

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So, the mission for the Quantum Brace was slightly hard. The Rocket Launcher one was easier but a bit of a slog of carefully managing what gets agroed and what doesn't and got really easy at the end. If I can finish them should the chainsaw mission be doable or should I wait till it isn't devastating?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So I beat the Presenter. I kind of just threw the skill set I used to beat him together in desperation but I feel like asking if its any good or if it would just fail to anything else.

Since I was working off an edited version of my usual tank deck I didn't actually change the actives at all.
Escalation (for hate), Karma (for some healing, Crimson Theater (no idea why), Chaotic Pull (for impairs), Martial Spirit and Illusion (for tanking), Domino Effect (impair.)
Regeneration (for healing), Fluid Defense (didn't think to replace it), Perseverance (for healing), Master of Illusion (for dodging), Escalation (for killing faster), Pressure Point (for impairs), and finally Tipping the Scales (for healing when something is impaired)

The fight was kind of a slog, but I did it despite the entire area before his little place would kill me easily. For the record I usually have Paradigm Shift and Turbulence instead of Pressure Point and Tipping the Scales.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Bleusilences posted:

What Ql are you gear with and what color?

Veteran chaos focus and blade, so QL 10 blues with a green resilient and blue attuned glyphs.
QL7, 5, and 3 greens for major talismans.
QL 6 blue for the head.
6 and 3 greens on minor with the last being a QL 5 blue.

In the story I'm only up to Egypt. Also, drat I need to upgrade my stuff at some point.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Pesterchum posted:

Possibly. Throw down an email and someone can throw you a trial so you can find out.

Key: ZNSLDJ225U2EE4Z8Q8CM
Key: FY92F5BB2BYEVA73QEZK
Key: ANE2QBALNE7P4VXHB99L
https://register.thesecretworld.com/

Or he could just take 1 of the 3 spares I have.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So how hard is Xibalba? If I'm only up to Blue Mountain should I just forget getting to do it?

Month long trial key
https://register.thesecretworld.com/account
2MEXQVY7ZQFKSUKT

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 19, 2014

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

prefect posted:

I would be exceedingly cautious about doing it with a pick-up group. I had two today that were terrible. No tank, people who didn't pay attention to the mechanics, weird "oh it's just one guy" attitudes.

Also, Hel in Niflheim is way, way tougher than I expected. Even in normal mode, which our group wasn't able to beat. :(

So in theory if I got 4 other people, including a tank and a healer, we should be good to do it? Cool, thanks. I already know a guy who plays as a healer and my main that I've been neglecting is a tank so it shouldn't be that hard to get a sort of balanced pick up group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, I just had to press escape as soon as the cutscene started to progress there. Been like that since they added it. :v:

I'm curious what makes going to the City of the Sun God fix that because to me that just seems weird as hell.

• Locked thread