Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral

Proteus Jones posted:

I just ordered last week this on advice in this thread to use when I don’t need a keyboard (I may end up using with the K811, we’ll see), and just got notification of it arriving tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4K6ZK6
Good luck! When I received mine they had sent me the wrong size and told me they’d send me a new one, but that I had to re-order it (and jump back into the out-of-stock-until-a-week-from-now queue).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

I just got the ESR Smart Case and it’s perfect - even has a smaller, more discreet logo than “Zototop”. I think they just put them on sale a few days ago, so they have decent stock:

ESR 12.9” Case on Amazon

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

Has anyone bought the 11” iPad Pro and exchanged it for the 12.9” or vice versa? What are your thoughts on the size and your use case? If I’m not mistaken it looks like the 11” should be roughly the same size as a regular iPad just with less bezels/more screen?

I was originally eyeing the 11” but the dealbreaker for me was that you can’t run two iPad apps in full mode side by side on the 11” - it uses the condensed versions of the apps. I figured if I’m paying for a Pro, I want that full functionality. I primarily use the 12.9” in landscape and have gotten used to the size rather quickly (the smaller bezels helped with this). I still think it’s impressively giant when holding in in portrait, but when using the Apple Pencil in portrait that feeling goes away - I’m just holding a 8.5” x 11” paper at that point.

I use my iPad in hand in both orientations and attached to an old school Bluetooth Apple Keyboard (without the number pad) on a table in landscape - it’s great. I love the drat thing.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

Feenix posted:

I have an iPad Pro 12 inch... (128, Wifi) Also a Smart Keyboard and case, and a pencil.

I got a new Pro 12.9 inch 256 today.

Where is the best place to sell my old one (preferably the case and pencil) FB Marketplace? Craigslist? etc?Gazelle claims I can get about 250 for the iPad itself. Can I do much better elsewhere?
Try SA Mart if you want a headache-free selling experience?

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

Feenix posted:

Hey sorry for another iPad battery drain question... but I have another:

Last night (7pm) I was gonna use the new pro. (2018 12 inch) it was at 95%.
My pencil was at 95% (not docked)

I put the pencil on.

Today at 8 am I checked. iPad is 12% drained. All from
Standby. Pencil is at 94%.

This just seems... accelerated.

(I only mention the pencil in case it’s a factor but I would hope not as isn’t that where it’s meant to be stored?

Is this extreme for 12 hours standby drain?

What does it say in the battery page in Settings? Your pencil should not take your battery down to 12% overnight.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

tuyop posted:

If I were you I’d just change my workflow. I don’t think Files is exposed to shortcuts in the right way to automate this.

I believe Shortcuts will only let you place files into the iCloud\Shortcuts folder - as long as you are okay with having your photos located in that folder, you should be able to create a shortcut that when you send photo(s) to Shortcuts, it will save them down to that folder and prompt you to delete them from Photos.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

M720 can occasionally be had at Costco for $20, does basically all of the things the flagships do- Bluetooth, 3 device switching, iPad, etc, but the build is cheaper and more plasticky. And it’s only right-handed. Grabbed one back in March to replace my decade old mouse and have been very content with it.

Thanks for letting me know about the M720! Never knew that model existed! Caught it on eBay for $30 after tax. Better for me than something like the MX3 as the device switch button is on the side and not under!

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

forest spirit posted:

This is the first I've heard of iPad's corrupting external media after repeated usage, now I'm feeling a bit paranoid. Any else have any experience there?

LumaFusion (video editing app originally for the iPad and now on iPhone) advises to try to use drives formatted to APFS and before ejecting from the iPad to force close (swipe up) their app and use the sleep/wake button on the iPad.

Source: https://luma-touch.helpscoutdocs.com/article/210-some-of-my-files-are-corrupt-or-missing-on-my-external-drive-what-should-i-do

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Pretty hot deal

Apple Magic Keyboard for 12.9" iPad Pro (3rd Gen, 4th Gen, & 5th Gen) - Black (Refurbished) $159.99

https://computers.woot.com/offers/a...ta=MXxOfDB8WXww

Only up for 4 more hours as of this post
Thanks!

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

A question on app badges - in notification settings, I’ve got absolutely everything set to off. All apps have all notification categories disabled including badges. On my home screen I’ve got various folders with apps, one of which is badged with a number. When I open the folder, none of the apps within it are badged.

How can I find out where this badge originates from and disable it?

If you tap and hold on the folder and there is actually an app with a badge on it (sounds like not in this case), it will show up on the contextual pop up.

If you can’t clear out the notification, there must be something stuck. A force reboot should fix it.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

Graniteman posted:

Is this happening to anyone else? When I tap any folder on the taskbar, it no longer blurs / covers the entire screen. Is this a bug on my device? It seems to ugly to be a feature.

Yes, but they fixed it in the latest 16.2 beta.

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

Arivia posted:

I'm not punching at anyone. It's joking about stereotypes. People do that all the time about the groups they're part of.

Usually the best jokes are the ones that need explaining. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m having a problem with my on-screen keyboard; in safari and clip studio the keyboard has become a floating miniature that I cannot get to turn back into the full sized version that is docked to the bottom of the screen. This does not effect apps like Awful here which has it’s own keyboard . Yes I’ve tried to use the 2 fingers spreading away from each other to resize it. How can I get the loving thing back to normal? I have to use the Apple Pencil to peck the tiny keys and it’s driving me up the wall. He;lp
Can you tap and hold the bottom of the floating keyboard, and drag it to the bottom of the iPad screen? When you remove your finger, the keyboard should stop floating and snap into place.