Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

VPN says it's back July 1st? http://videopodcastnetwork.com/channels/norm-macdonald/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Last comic standing is decent to watch the when the judges are good.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Honestly his podcast was the best vehicle for him. He's funniest telling jokes behind a desk/bullshitting with guests with no filter. Hope he does another season.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Anyone watching Last Comic Standing? I've seen the first 3 or 4 episodes. Pretty standard reality competition show stuff so far. Norm is the only judge that gives thoughtful feedback to the contestants, offering tags to jokes and career advice.

Overall the format makes it pretty dull, but there are a couple comics I look forward to seeing more of as the show goes on.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Norm posted:

If a guy went up and said, “Jesus Christ is our lord and savior,” I’d say, “drat, that guy’s brave!”

Norm said exactly this as the setup to a joke at a show I saw in Boston, and he in fact repeated the phrase "Jesus Christ is our lord and savior" several times. People were actually pissed. It was fantastic.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

theradiostillsucks posted:

Anyone else catch Norm's quasi-breakdown on Twitter a day or two ago? He seems to have deleted it but it was a long rant about getting outside, not doing drugs, just kind of this rant about lucidity you'd expect from an addict who's seen the light. Ended with a bit about quitting technology for a week, but with baseball on, obviously that didn't last. Might have been drunk Norm or trolling Norm, but it sounded like headed-to-rehab Norm.

Weird that he always insists he doesn't drink much and doesn't do any drugs.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Odddzy posted:

He had Xanax on the podcast and gave it to Roseanne, he could very well have found a doctor somewhere that's a bit too prescription happy.

It was amazing how uninteresting Roseanne became after the Xanax kicked in. A cautionary tale for us all.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Advice posted:

No, that's just Roseanne.

I feel like this is some huge joke on me. Norm is my favorite comic and he's obsessed with this painfully unfunny comedienne from like twenty years ago. I didn't like her show, I've never heard her say anything funny, and she's painfully obsessed with her ex and the drama surrounding him.

I tried desperately to force down some episodes of Last Comic Standing that they judged for, and I swear to gently caress it's like someone's messing with me. Roseanne's contribution for one act is pointing and yelling, "ALTERNATIVE COMICCCCC" while the audience explodes into laughing and applause. Then Norm's insightful commentary is met with silence and light claps.

Eh, I enjoyed most of her interview. She's weird as hell.

Her show was pretty revolutionary at the time and so was her stand up persona. I think her best work is behind her but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy Norm shooting the poo poo with her.

And Last Comic Standing was just poo poo all around.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I always thought the stuff about norm being nuts referred to his weird personality, hermit-like tendencies and his gambling issues. He talked about literally trying to lose all his money gambling on WTF. As for drugs I always figured he's benzo'd the gently caress out a lot. On that same WTF he talked about bouts of mania where he can't stop laughing until he pops a Xanax.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I want to believe but I don't

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Odddzy posted:

wow, that's kinda sad.

From what I've heard, voiceover work is the easiest paycheck in Hollywood if you can get it.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

good WaPo article but Norm doesn't need another TV show, he needs to do another season of the podcast.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

:siren: https://twitter.com/lovelampayers/status/768288468598304768 :siren:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt, and gently caress like a goddamn retard

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Michelle Obama has booked a cameo on the ABC show "Nashville." With this and her appearance on "iCarly," I think Michelle is ready to start appearing in some films. May I suggest my favorite film series: Black rear end Fuckers

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Merchant was great and got most of it, was just taking bits to their logical conclusions.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Only on chapter 5 but Norm's book is wild so far.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

1st1sHere posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi5FkfVxz60

Norm on Larry King Now, thought this was a decent interview.

Paul Newman told me you never get over it.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Good Tweet Norm

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I am seeing Norm's special taping in Boston next week. I bet he got fat again, but hell, so did I.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Norm was good in Boston.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

rear end Catchcum posted:

He went on a tweet spree, that he quickly deleted, the Tuesday or so before the special and said he thinks it will be his last. Was it good...or amazing?

It was very funny and will make for a great special. I don't think it will be the best special ever like his weird tweet storm. Maybe HIS best.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Maybe the podcast will finally come back?

Also I hope they cut to the group I was with for the special - my friend's wives/girlfriends all fell asleep almost instantly

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm not married

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

Well then for his bday buy him a divorce. That's seriously some rude poo poo that shouldn't be done, especially by adults.

It was fine actually

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

"I bring people that fall asleep at live performances. They're adults. It's fine." - a moron.

That's not my name

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

You seem very upset about a stranger's non-disruptive action at an event you didn't attend and you might want to explore why you feel this way, outside of the context of this thread

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pat Mustard posted:

Say what you will about Bill Cosby, but that'd never happen at one of his shows.

Hehe

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Odddzy posted:

Honestly, I'd like to talk about this, who thinks it's ever coming back?

I think he has let go of the idea of using the podcast as a vehicle for self-promotion and might just go fulltime into writing.

People have speculated that it's not coming out until after the special. I could see Netflix having a non compete clause (don't put any content out on other streaming services within X number of months of the special). Or they acquired it and are holding it back so the special gets max exposure.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Norm doesn't drink or use drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAZDZ6k6skQ

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

15 new posts and no one slept through a special taping? ugh

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Just watched a couple minutes and I'm disappointed they cut the Cosby jokes - the punchline it opens with is the last punchline to a great couple minutes of Cosby jokes.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Your face is my toilet!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This is incredible

"This guy took the aids test, he crammed the night before!"

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 31, 2017

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I didnt like Sarah shooting down the jokes :(

Yeah what the hell, two eps in a row where the guests didn't want to play along.

Also it's weird how everyone seems confused by the segment, he's literally just doing weekend update

Edit: I was also hoping they'd talk about his book but I'm assuming she hasn't read it?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Eh, I kinda get it, everyone has a podcast these days and she mentioned watching comedy kind of stresses her out. Although isn't she part owner of Jash?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dana Carvey is a hack

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

I thought he was a pretty funny and genial guest. He leaned a little heavily on the impressions but to be fair Norm encouraged it. That Kirk Douglas/Burt Lancaster bit is loving hilarious.

Yeah I posted before he did that bit. The standup he did was awful but he was a decent guest.

I've read that last joke they did verbatim on the internet circa 1998 though

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I liked the Seinfeld episode a lot, but I'm really missing the jokes from the past seasons. Even the jokes segments they've had have had a lot of misses/jokes from other stand ups/old jokes. Someone said (either here on Reddit) that the guy who wrote most of them isn't on the show this season, which would explain it.

• Locked thread