Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Pay $100 for a dev account.

How does one do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

Yup

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

I'm not seeing it...

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

I JUST upgraded from a 4 to a 5 because my screen shattered. I went with black, but given today's presentation I'm really regretting that decision. I've had the phone for a week. Think they'll let me swap it for a white one?

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

Does the parallax wallpaper require some kind of beefier phone than the 4?

Yes, 4S and above only.

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

SunknLiner posted:

I JUST upgraded from a 4 to a 5 because my screen shattered. I went with black, but given today's presentation I'm really regretting that decision. I've had the phone for a week. Think they'll let me swap it for a white one?
So, not only did AT&T let me swap the black phone for a white one, but I just realized that they unintentionally gave me an upgrade. The phone I swapped out was 32GB, but the phone they gave me was 64GB. Score!

SunknLiner fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 13, 2013

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

Sieg posted:

Any recommendations for a bluetooth speaker for the shower? Or a speaker with a line in? I've tried the iPhone on the bathroom counter, but the shower in the master bathroom is in its own little nook, and I can't hear podcasts even at maximum volume.

This is one I was looking at, but I'm not really looking to spend $100 if I don't have to: http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-ECOXGEAR-Waterproof-Bluetooth/dp/B005D91G38

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-Extreme-Waterproof-Portable/dp/B003H3JJZE/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_z ??

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

quadratic posted:

Are all replacement phone refurbs?
No, I've been handed a new in-box phone before.

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Must have been within your 2 weeks because they'd never do that. Maybe they ran out of refurbs?

Nahh, this was far out of it - like, 6 months. I had a 3GS that just stopped working all of a sudden. I brought it to the Genius Bar and the guy tinkered with it for a second, then went out back and came back with a new phone. He cut the box open and set it up for me and everything.

EDIT: I suppose I could be mistaken - are the refurbs boxed up like new phones?

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

empty baggie posted:

They are boxed but not in retail packaging. They used to be in black plastic boxes but now ship in white boxes.

I could be mistaken then. He didn't give me the box - just the phone. It might have been a plain box; I don't recall getting a good look at it. I was just under the impression that it was a new one. It WAS sparkly and new looking after all :)

EDIT: Where do the refurbs come from anyway? I just swapped out my black 5 for a white 5 (within my two weeks). Is my black phone destined to be someones refurb now?

SunknLiner fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 13, 2013

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

Any thoughts on SquareTrade warranties for a new iPhone 5? Why should(n't) I go for their plan over Apple Care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunknLiner
Jan 19, 2005

Sounds like you fried the plug connector.

• Locked thread