Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

A screenshot of Anarky

So he's in charge of a gang of goons...

Anarky is one of my favorite characters but they seem to only use as generic outlaw. Can't we get back that brilliant kid that could been Robin?

That being said, it would been awesome if your gang were the hobos of Gotham as in the comics :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well he is a straight up bomber in this and we are going to beat him up so I don't think he will be a kid.

I have a feeling they are putting him in the game because he is going to be the main villain of the new Batman show.

No doubt about it, he seems more like the second Anarky of the comics than the original. :smith:

Is kind of weird how this design made look him more like a cult leader or something than his costume on the comics that it was based on a priest's robes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I finally got to play this game, pretty good but drat if the bugs aren't getting annoying. I'm on a 360 and the game suddenly freezes for no reason when I'm exploring the city or a message of 'corrupted DLC' pops up and boot me to the dashboard thing is, I don't have any DLC.

Outside of that I'm loving the story and specially the crime scene sequences.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
My game went to poo poo today :saddowns:

I'm in the batcave after the first Bane fight and when I try to leave, a message about corrupt DLC pops out and boot me to the dashboard (I'm on the 360) the only DLC that I have is the One Million skin and the spanish language pack. I deleted both and reinstalled them again and the message keeps showing.

Is there a solution for this or am I hosed?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sweet Jesus I might be buying a PS4 earlier that I expected to just to play this game, it sounds loving awesome.

Hope Rocksteady manages to include Jason this time, he would fit as a glove on the game setting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

Jason sucks. :colbert: I'm pretty sure it was Tim Drake Robin last time.

Tim was on City but Jason's memorial case showed up on the Batcave map and his death was referenced by the Joker on the challenge maps when using Tim. Besides, Jason as Red Hood fits perfectly on the setting and since he could be described like a gun-toting Batman he could be the 'Arkham Knight'

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

Except that AK is a brand new Geoff Johns-created character, which is the only part of this game I'm reeeeeally wary of.

I know it's a really long shot but dreaming to see Jason on AK doesn't hurt isn't it? :shobon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

'You're not going anywhere old man. This ends tonight'

The sheer amount of hints pointing to Jason Todd is making me think than is a red herring and it WON'T be him.

I want to see Arkhamverse Jason Todd :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Excels posted:

Wait, so the bulletin board talking about Red Hood was actually about Joker?? :confused:

I guess I have a lot to learn about Batman lore

One would've thought that the Red Hood sequence should've tipped you off :v:

Still, we know than Jason was Robin and is dead by the time City rolls around so is possible for him to show up and thinking a little, is Geoff Johns, he's becoming predictable with his 'twists'.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrJacobs posted:

Wait, what? How do we know they didn't just go the TAS route and skip Jason entirely?

When using Tim on the challenge rooms, Joker says something like 'Didn't I killed you already?' and iirc Jason's uniform is on the Batcave map.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

...complaining about shoehorning in villains in AC seems strange when shoehorning in villains was literally the foundation of the AO plot- central and peripheral.

Outside of Mad Hatter and the Riddler, I found every villian on AO to be justified and organic to the larger plot.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

blackguy32 posted:

If anything, Mr. Freeze is different from all of Batman's other villians in that he is probably the only one that Batman reasons with on a regular basis and actually ends the game on good terms with Batman.

That's only true on the animated series though, on the comics he's a crazy rear end in a top hat. Comics-wise, Bane is the one who is on good terms with Batman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

...they were put on a list that is read to the player at the beginning of the game?How on earth is Killer Croc an "assassin"?

Well yeah, what other justification you need aside of 'Batman is hunted because a bounty is put on him', and why croc can't be an assassin?

quote:

What does Anarky have to do with anything?

He's a consequence of the power vacuum on Gotham.

quote:

Arkham City framing device does a way better job of explaining the presence and motivations of its different villains, with the possible exception of Azrael.

Really? I honestly felt AC's like someone just crammed famous enemies on the plot just because. Black Mask is a glorified cameo, Bane is an AWFUL take on the character, the Joker's hogging the spotlight as usual, Strange was wasted, the whole thing with Clayface was a little contrived...

AO's story while a little symplistic and by the numbers was more streamlined and with few logic jumps needed to made sense.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I seriously doubt is canon for the games, it looks more like they stuck the Arkham brand to a stand alone movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3554580/

Probably just some smartass having fun on IMDB but it lists Jensen Ackles as the voice of Arkham Knight and since Jensen voiced Jason Todd on the animated movie...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HOLY poo poo

I NEED A PS4.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CuwiKhons posted:

That doesn't make any sense at all. If anything, it probably means that Jason will be a side character who shows up extremely briefly like Tim did in AC and then gets his own DLC pack. There's no logical reason for Jason to be the Arkham Knight given that he's supposedly working for Scarecrow (AK, not Jason, to clarify). Jason is a dick but as far as I know he's never really been about killing off the Batclan.

It depends on the take though, Jason was out for blood on Battle for the Cowl. The ad says play as the Ruthless Vigilante though, so I'm expecting him to be fighting against the Arkham Knight on his own (assuming he isn't the AK of course)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CuwiKhons posted:

I don't think anybody designs character outfits specifically with cosplay in mind. If somebody really wants to cosplay as a character, no amount of complicated costuming is going to stop them.

Cameron Stewart said that he designed Batgirl's new outfit with cosplayers in mind.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Not really. The modern comics have kind of flirted with that by making her effectively just Female Joker (including falling in acid which bleaches his skin white and makes her crazy) but not really as an equal part.

She's a genius on the N52, the recently released Secret Origins issue focused on her tells that she passed school with flying colors and her psychology degree was made enterely on scholarships she gained. Looking for a challenge she used ANY means at her disposal to get into Arkham as a 'patient', Joker saw right through her charade and started to manipulate her. She admits that being a Ditz was just an act because Joker liked it.

ANYWAYS, DC Collectibles just revealed Arkham Knight Red Hood's figure, giving us a better look to Jason:

Someone mentioned earlier how the Arkham designs are cosplayer friendly and is noticeable with Jason. He went from a tactical armor (personally my favorite superhero suit ever) to a biker outfit with guns and a red bat painted on the shirt. Looks cool but kind of hard to take seriously (unless Jason is suicidal, that is), and the hood-helmet combo is kind of goofy :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Tim Drake / Robin and Jason Todd / Red Hood are in there.

No idea if the one on the left is Tim or Jason as Robin though.

Jason himself looks pretty cool but he's somewhat big for a twenty something guy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Those pictures I uploaded earlier come from the Multiverse Arkham Knight series:

http://ie001.blogspot.ca/2014/08/dc-multiverse-arkham-knight-figures.html

The figures are: Batman, Red Hood, Two-Face, Scarecrow and Robin.

They look kind of lovely to be honest.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hope one of those N52 skins is for Jason.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Canemacar posted:

I thought it was a foregone conclusion. They're offering all kinds of Red Hood(Todd version) stuff like sculptures and DLC for preordering.

Wait, wait, wait. What is this about a RH sculpture? I thought the only things was the RH story pack from Gamestop?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For anyone interested the Arkham Knight will have his story told on an upcoming digital comic that serves as the bridge between Arkham City and Arkham Knight

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Not that means a lot but the Arkham Knight prequel comic has a direct reference to Origins on its first issue

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/batman-arkham-knight-preview-bruce-wayne-heads-back-into-darkness/#/0

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I've seen "reports" (as in mentioned on a random podcast months ago) of Red Hood having lethal takedowns. Might be related to that?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

There's a reasonably spoilery implication that you'll play as the Arkham Knight at some point but that's it.

I thought that was referencing to the Red Hood and Harley DLCs. Or are those not considered for rating?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pengun101 posted:

so how are those dlc packs going to work. are they like the catwoman dlc or will they just be glorified challenge maps?

Both are being billed as story DLC akin's to Harley's Revenge on City but some fanpage claimed that the Red Hood one was just a bundle of challenge maps.

There's so little info about the Red Hood DLC that I would've inclined to think is being scrapped if not because there is plenty of Jason's merch now

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 9, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Finally started reading the Arkham Knight comics. Nice to see that Electrocutioner II died quicker than his boss. :v:

I also liked this page.

Is just me or the artist's trying to ape Capullo's style on those panels?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For what is worth, the Arkham Knight is written eerily reminicent of Jason Todd on the prequel comics.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
DC will release statues of both Red Hood and the Arkham Knight this November:

I'm loving those designs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is getting ridiculous. Teaser for the next trailer release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQuGb3ohnY

It seems that Azrael is back.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://youtube.com/watch?v=V-DBvDejInI
:aaaaa:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder if you'll be able to Dual Play in Challenge Maps. Maybe even have other team ups, like Robin with Nightwing.

Or Batman with Harley. :stare:

Batman and Red Hood :unsmigghh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrJacobs posted:

Have they confirmed actual co-op or is that just an instance of an awesome AI buddy helping you be a badass in the trailer, since there was no article confirming it linked.

Uh :confused:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Kinda disappointed about no Batgirl, but co-op! :supaburn:

Edit: Okay, so it's not co-op. Close enough idea, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Narcissus1916 posted:

Season pass has been announced. Forty goddamn dollars.

(And I'll probably break down and pick it up...)

They said what includes?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Got the Red Hood figure from Arkham Collectibles, great stuff

Although I hope the in game model doesn't have the "muzzle" the figure has

It looks loving stupid.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is Barbara, you can see the red hair on the render. Is amusing that while every other character recieved a new suit for the game, they only used the N52 version for Babs.

What about the Red Hood DLC, Rocksteady? When I be able to buy it?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
If anyone's interested

The premium version of the game has a whooping discount of ten bucks on the PSN until june 22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly, Scott Porter is Nightwing. I only want to know who's voicing Red Hood Rocksteady :argh:

• Locked thread