Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

AirBnB- If you're staying for a week or more, traveling in a group, need more space, want a kitchen... try renting an apartment. There are also rooms for rent like a homestay or clean and organized couchsurfing. Most of the hosts in HK and China are expats and well-traveled locals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Congrats on your breakup Bloodnose

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I flew ANA/United codeshare Japan - USA this summer. Both were operated by United but had totally different vibes. Osaka - SFO had helpful staff but no personal tvs. Chicago - Tokyo had surly nitpicky staff but personal tvs. Idk with codeshares everything is unpredictable.
But because I had an ANA membership my overweight luggage was $60 instead of $200 and they bumped me up to Premium because I had some soon-to-expire miles. : D

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Magna Kaser posted:

Also fake eggs are common so you gotta be on the lookout for that.

Whaddaya mean fake eggs??!! D:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I heard Cantonese is just like Mandarin but louder, faster, and whinier? C/D

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Potato chips in flavors like crackling pork and crab guts. Buy touristy stuff at tour sites, the airport shops are crazy expensive.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Japanese tv reports a jeep drove along the sidewalk, then crashed at the bridge at the front middle. At least 2 of the passengers are said to be Uyghur, but whether it's meant to be a statement or just terrible driving is still undetermined. NHK did explain where Xinjiang was and that there's been some horrible riots before.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Can someone comment on hot pot vs Japanese nabe vs Korean chige?

VVV Come visit asap duder.

peanut fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 6, 2013

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Buy your friend a forums account as a wedding present

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Ya gotta crush the whole thing into little bits to get all the meat out. Alternatively, if it just molted, it'll look great but have little meat.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I thought I hated kids until I taught all ages, adults are parasites.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Married goons???!!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Japan/Okinawa makes something called Taco Rice, it's like a taco salad with rice on the bottom. Rice -> lettuce -> seasoned meat -> cheese -> sauce/salsa.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

FearCotton posted:

Spoiler: You have a fatty liver

I've been told the same thing here in Japan. Does anyone know any science behind this?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

oic :stoke:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Does that mean a married couple could be so deeply in love they don't center all their time and money around toy schnauzers????? Not even on weekends??????

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Jimmy Little Balls posted:

Got dragged to Jellyfish last night, ended up being tear gassed :toot:

Deets bro

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Shut up and tell me some tourist poo poo

Where is the mountain temple where you have to walk around a cliff on little planks of wood to climb up, and where is the hella scenic pointy spires in a lake or something?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Customs forms often have a little box to check about carrying "samples" but I think that's more like multiple identical products for display or give-away like trade show stuff...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

drat, well done China Cop. Sounds like your (ex) boss has a history.

Publicly post your Japan souvenir requests to Caber itt.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Sogol is p cool imo

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

What r u wearing right now

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Don't marry crazy bitches with mean parents :shrug:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Kindles are cool, you can also sync to your phone and desktop. Harder to lend books to friends, but you can lend the friend your Kindle and read on your phone. Or lend out your phone.

Sogol is right about everything

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Is there a wise old saying like Little Man Has Big Voice? 大声貧根?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Kids are just dumb. I see the same kids everyday for 3 years and the dumber ones still ask "You speak English?????" and believe I fly to the US after work everyday :confused:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Things should be chill

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

My experience with clapping on airplanes has been Turks, Russians, and noobs leaving the farm for the first time copying the Russian sitting next to them.

Also lol @ Russians putting sugar in green tea

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

China hating Japan, sounds like sour grapes to me.

Meanwhile, Japan loves Chinese people because they spend so much money when they visit. Spring Airlines is increasing it's Shanghai - Takamatsu flights.

As much as the governments dickwag, anyone born in Japan after the war doesn't give a poo poo.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Wonton said tourist visas are decided by hukou (family registration?) so Henan scrubs aren't coming anyway.

VVV Tourist visas for Chinese visiting Japan. Rural citizens gotta come on group tours but hukou from major cities can get general tourist visas (they're less likely to overstay and work illegally)

peanut fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 2, 2014

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Look up "visa expedite service." I've used A Briggs before. Strict countries require hand delivery of application but don't care if someone does it on your behalf.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

caberham posted:

Plus the pollution kills old people in no time so don't worry too much about medical care :downsrim:

Send more pollution asap tia :japan:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Woodsy Owl posted:

Has anyone lurking this thread had a child with your spouse while residing in China and then started the US immigration-by-fiance-visa process? Did having a child seem to complicate the process or did it serve as proof of your relationship?

Get married first, skip the fiance visa. Elope in HK.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The US Embassy website will definitely have all the applications and list of documents on their website.
You'll need to sort out marriage documents locally first.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

In China, talk poo poo and yell until you get your way.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Real LDS missionaries can't work, but I've heard Chinese-speaking ex-missionaries (Taiwan mission) might get recruited to a Mormon-heavy company with a churchy social atmosphere.
LDS missionaries in Japan teach some English lessons for FREE so people aren't scared of them, and also because they have too much free time because Japan is super unlikely to convert to a religion that bans tea and spending money on Sundays.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Mormons don't believe in hell so they're pretty chill :angel:

Ex-missionaries have already been sent to strange places they didn't choose doing an unpopular job so teaching English in Henan is easy.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

caberham posted:

You guys know anything about Nepal?

Mountains, curry, and hats. Go for it!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Me too :sweatdrop: I'm from Mountain View, home of Google headquarters. My husband and I could never find jobs in California to match our lifestyle in suburban :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Ask your banks about details on transfer fees.
When I send USA-JP, if my US bank converted to yen they took a big chunk out if the rate (\104/$1 - \99/$1) and killed my margin.
If I left it as USD, my Japanese bank exchanged at-rate plus a $30 fee. I profited 3%.

We're also saving up for a house, but very soon and in Japan. :whip: