Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I like that Skaro, Melmac, and Krankor exist in the same universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

WickedHate posted:

Why not order stuff online?

I got a Cosmos with 2 right arms

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

So does Godbomber really combine with Ginrai/Magnus Prime just by pulling him apart and sticking the bits of kibble on Magnus or is there anything more clever than that?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Zaa Boogie posted:

Not entire sure what else you were expecting. Most things like that that don't pull apart means that you have jack all for poseability.

Well, I was expecting exactly that. Just hoping they might have been able to pull off something surprising.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Lepecard posted:

No, Ultra Magnus is a little buddy she comes with. Her head is called Leinad.

Huh. Bit clumsy. Copyright issues? Sidestepping the creep factor*?

* Having read the Marvel miniseries at a tender age before seeing the cartoon, I always got a body horror vibe off the Headmasters. Adding a kid into the mix, even the way Rebirth handled it, was still unsetttling.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Never mind, it's up - was just slow to refresh

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 20, 2017

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress! I was checking out and it went out of stock! I had just got home and checked, too. drat IT

I got an extra.

If someone hasn't already hooked you up then I can (since it looks like you were the first to post about missing out).

Next two goons looking are Rhyno and The_Doctor, if anyone else got spares.

I got a confirmation email from HTS on my order, but not a shipping notice, yet. Should I be fairly confident that I'll get them?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Rythe posted:

Has anybody seen the PotP wave 2 dinobots on the east coast? I'm in NC and all I am seeing are wave 1 everything still.

They've been in MD/VA/PA for a little over a month now, I think.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

The_Doctor posted:

I assumed it was life-size for that price, but no. Not even man-size.

standing at just over 4 feet tall, its artisanally concealed servos and blades are sufficient to engage the secret "Retirement Protocol," fulfilling the request that the purchaser was so clearly and plaintively articulating

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

f

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

The_Doctor posted:

Did you fall asleep on your keyboard?

well yeah, but not until later.

just accidentally hit quote instead of edit

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I must have that parrot.

Also, first Transformer: Jazz. I was so hyped because I'd wanted a Transformer for months and finally loving got one once I was able to get to a toy store well outside of my poo poo-rear end hick town. And the first time I tried transforming it, the brittle loop of plastic that held the sliding hood/windshield piece to the back of his head broke. I hadn't even manipulated it that hard; it was just a little stuck, presumably as it was the first transformation out of the factory.

I was so mad about it that I boxed it all up and shipped it back to Hasbro, saying something to the effect of "I don't want a replacement Jazz if this is what they're all going to be like. Send me something else. You assholes owe me." Couple months later, to my surprise, I got Constructicons in the mail :toot:

drat I loved Jazz, though. Long after I stopped collecting (the first time), I went out of my way to find the TRU reissue (late 90s? early 00s?).

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Steve Vader posted:

My blood ran cold at Ironhide's death when I was 12.

A deep, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, yet at the same time thinking "okay so Megatron took 30+ years to figure out that the key to success was actually shooting to kill?"

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Rhyno posted:

More like 4 million years at that point in the war.

Toy robots who concocted plans like "bring two planets into real close proximity for energy, somehow" might be slow learners

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Deceptive Thinker posted:

You guys are going to force me to show the team this thread, aren't you

only if you ask them what the gently caress they intend to do about climate change

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

BBTS just put up the new MP Prime for preorder and lmao

There is a trailer though I guess

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Seriously, at least maybe recycle the Groove mold for Chromia (to approximate the Generations version) and, I dunno, maybe retool the Takara Blast-Off mold to make a vaguely submarine-y Nautica.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 14, 2018

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Siege Prime is especially super good, but am I wrong for hoping there's a repaint without the grime/rust aesthetic?

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 26, 2019

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Phy posted:

Odd that the one with the big tum isn't the one with the double chin

All hail Habsburg Jaw Bumblebee

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

The Street Fighter repaints were goofily pointless but some of the color schemes were pretty good.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

IT'S HAPPENNNNNIIIIIINGGGGG

What is that?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

drrockso20 posted:

You know, would be a fun twist on the multitude of origin stories for various Transformers for a new series if you had it so only like 1 to 3 members of each faction be the usual "several million year old war weary veterans from Cybertron" sort, and the rest of the Autobots and Decepticons all be freshly born on Earth(like say the first episode/issue has Optimus and Megatron battle on the Moon over the All-Spark and the fight ends with it detonating and blanketing the Earth with it's energies, birthing dozens or even hundreds of new Cybertronians in it's wake)

Figure you could get some good stories out of such a premise

Cybertronians as ultra-advanced von Neumann constructs intended to seed sentient worlds throughout the universe. Infinite generations of fresh-born beings, implanted with the memories of a pointless conflict on a long-dead world, destined to either wipe themselves out or supplant the native life and eventually snuff out the host world as well. No moral! The end.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Speaking of MP minibots, does anyone have XTB Arkose? Looks nice but reviews seem to be mixed, and I have a soft spot for Beachcomber.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Keldroc posted:

I do, and he's fine. Fiddly backpack/buggy roof but a decent MP Beachcomber. Given the shortcomings and the price of Arkose last I looked, I'd just wait for the Fanstoys version. I do love that Arkose comes with birds, though.

Thanks -- "fine" sounds good enough for me, especially as I really prefer the look of the vehicle mode over FT's version by far.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

TheDK posted:

So on the smaller end of the spectrum, does anyone have any strong opinions on the Legends-sized 3rd party offerings? I have a few and they aren't quite perfect (except for Iron Factory who nails it every time).

I picked up a Newage Manero (Jazz) a while back and it's really good. Great construction and paint job, tight joints, nice transformation where everything generally clicks together easily (except maybe the legs which were a tiny bit fiddly to get into place in car mode but nothing too frustrating).

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Rhyno posted:

What battle am I supposed to be fighting?

"Fight me, coward" says the anonymous red-text custom title buyer

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

To be fair that is extremely G1 accurate.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I'm disappointed you didn't buy two so one could Atlas the other

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

drrockso20 posted:

I've talked about this over in the Steven Universe thread a couple times, but the way I see it for races that are functionally immortal there's truthfully no such thing as becoming irredeemable, they always have the chance to eventually make up for their past sins, the only reason it can happen with a human is because we are depressingly finite, it doesn't take a whole lot for a human to do enough bad things that the rest of their life wouldn't be able to make up for what they've done, while a Cybetronian or a Gem has potentially the rest of time to achieve redemption

What can change the nature of a car robot?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Arise, my terrifying servant, and put on your winklepickers.

I really like that overall design aesthetic more than the final version, though. Seems more like something a primordial mechanical ur-deity would create as the tool of its will.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

drrockso20 posted:

Imagine if they included Head Master Daniel, probably one of the weirdest things to happen in American G1 and it never gets brought up

The HasCon exclusive TR Arcee from a couple years back, sort of; her headmaster was named Leinad.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'm looking into getting some Legends scale transformers. Is there a good resource on some of the 3rd party companies releases (specifically Newage)?

From what I can tell they haven't made an Optimus yet, but I'm not totally sure. Also, any good places to find older releases or should I resort to ebay?

I have Newage's Jazz (Manero) and it's fabulous. I have their Starscream on preorder now too, and have high hopes.

I have the Magic Square Legends-scale Optimus (MS-B18X) in my stack, as I'd heard good things about the regular-sized Magic Square Optimus.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Speaking of combiners, why haven't we heard anything further about MP Raiden in nearly a year. Or did it turn out to be a hoax

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Generations Jetfire is what drew me back into collecting. Ticking two boxes of 80s nostalgia (TF and Robotech) so well just made it too hard to resist, and for that I will curse it forever

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

gerwaddle

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

TheDK posted:

I wonder if they'll look good altogether or just a long line of skinny ramps and platforms

Pictures at https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-F0858-TRA-Fall-2/dp/B0863S8V52

When all put together I guess it's not a bad looking set for the price point and size, though I was never terribly fond of any of the "base" types in the first place (no, not even the titans).

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Yeah I'm up for anything as long as it's handled well. I hadn't seen any prior media with Star Saber and so had no expectations, but that was just bad. Could have gone any number of directions with the character and he went with... that.

Roberts appears to have had no interest in the headmaster/brainmaster thing but I would be interested to see some talented writer with a really good take on the concept, the way Roberts generally had a good take on the core concept of transformers. Personally even as a kid the entire concept verged on body-horror for me.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I did have to laugh at the G1 American cartoon basically just making them little green idiots sitting in chairs inside their heads and giving orders like OK NOW SHOOT THAT GUY. That helped after the Marvel comic was all like "okay let's graft our organic heads onto robot bodies now so that we can become big robot heads. this is perfectly natural."

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

"[hastily digging through archives looking for more TF sublines to revive] uh... uh... what if Action Masters, but worse"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

One of those Master Shake-type Big Gulp cups could do in a pinch, maybe.