Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23393&mode=retail
BBTS has a sale on a set of the Generations wave that had Scoop, the minicon team, Armada Starscream and Skywarp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Dark Cybetron Sale on Comixology

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Wow, Gaia Unicron is even worse than I heard it was. This is a seriously terrible figure. Thing has a total of one mode out of three that looks semi-decent and it's prone to coming to pieces as you transform it. Just what is it with all the Japan exclusive new mold Prime figures(not counting Breakdown) and being god awful?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Remember the time that one of those eons-old shape-changing robots whose lives where defined by civil war and to whom the very idea of gender is a confusing novelty sought revenge on a whale?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
That's a custom a fan made, not an actual product. Certain people/sites/webstores jumped the gun and called it real

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Goldskull posted:

I'm just going to say how good generations Wreck-Gar is right here now I have him.

You can't tell how good the CHUG Wreck-Gar mold is with only one of them, though that way can potentially lead to madness

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Domestic and Import AoE stuff is up for preorder at BBTS, no surprises beyond there being no pics of deluxe Lockdown, deluxe wave 2.5 set uses the quick changer as a place holder. You also can't buy Voyager Hound without getting Galavatron right now since Hound is one per case to Galvie's two so he's only sold as part of a set, odds are that'll change, you all know how this goes.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Oh hey, news of a 3rd party Cyclonus, voyager sized apparently, based of the engineering of the Jizai Garage Kit. That sounds neat, I wonder who is making it

Oh joy, KFC...

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Current series Generations cards? Any deco differences or just the same as back in 2010?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Sure wish I could ever find a Masterpiece that wasn't Acid Storm at retail

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rei_ posted:

Apparently prices are up for that Eva MP Prime and they're not crazy, but I can't find any

Webstore exclusive, limited to 1000 Pieces, preorder goes up on June 12th, you're not going to get it

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rhyno posted:

True but he showed that with the proper care you could create new molds. HasTak has plenty of resources and computers and poo poo.

And HasTak has done that in the past, reissue Soundwave is a combination of a a rescued Soundblaster mold and some recast Soundwave parts for example. The problem for them is not whether they can do it but rather can they make their money back on it? Grimlock they can easily, Swoop maybe, the others not so much I think. They can't really go anyway but all in with the sub-groups and that's 5 figures, no guarantee they would all make their money back and then enough extra to justify having done it.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

The_Doctor posted:

So AoE toys are out in the UK. To a toy, they are all the quick change one flip ones. Oh well, I didn't want to look at good toys anyway.

In other news, I picked up Skrapnel. He is now doing double duty as Bob for Sunstreaker. :3:

In the UK the generations figures are apparently store exclusives, Argos iirc

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
MP Grimlock's up, 80 bucks
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Xenomrph posted:

I'm not going to lie, I genuinely laughed when Mark Wahlberg said "Insurance? It's a freaking space ship. Sweetie, hand me my alien gun."

Also is Toyworld Aurora worth it for $40?

Hell yeah it is, all the Toyworld not-Throttlebots rule.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
It's too loose, won't fit without some kind of adapter

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Well hello cutey

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

ForeverSmug posted:

Ugh. So I got my Generations Ratbat in from BBTS, and his right arm has a couple big scrapes in in it like somebody chewed on it.

Is this that famous Takara Quality tfw crows about?

The only thing that actually contributes to Takara being higher quality is that they sometimes apply more and prettier paint apps(And the Car Robots figures sometimes had rubber wheels while RID had plastic but that was a decade ago and rubber will rot long before plastic breaks down so 'tevs). poo poo's all made from the same molds in the same factories by the same people.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Scoops targetmaster partners are with him all the time up until he gets arrested in RID

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Hmmm, something doesn't seem quite right here
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23856&mode=retail
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23857&mode=retail

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Cassa posted:

Finally got to see some knock off stuff in the real world.

That optimus was kind of tempting, I'll admit.

Edit: Why cookie Rocket is a super rad boss hoopy frood.

If that Optimus is the same as this one then it's simplified, no knees for example

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

revtoiletduck posted:

Did he always have a red bumper? It is really distracting me.

Toy no, Animation Model yes

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Joe figures are too big and and TFs are too expensive for it to work. Think how big something that has room for one Joe figure in the drivers seat but also has a enough bulk to transform from a GiJoe vehicle into a non-half assed robot would be. You could make the Joe HA sized and work something out maybe with the bigger vehicles but at that point it's not really a proper crossover is it? Best they could do is go the Star Wars Transformers route and make regular TFs out of iconic GiJoe designs except without the robot Luke Skywalker from an X-wing stuff

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

According to the British Board of Film Classification (the UK equivalent of the MPAA), Transformers: Age of Extinction is 165 goddamn minutes long. 15 of those being credits.

That's what happens when you have hundreds, maybe even over a thousand people work on thing and they all get to have their names on screen for an equal amount of time.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Gross, KFC is releasing yet more Mugan Vox repaints and one of them is Perceptor again but in the right colours this time. Man that's a dick move considering they had the chance the first time. Those guys are gonna deserve losing what little good will people have left for them if they keep this up.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
BBTS has a Botcon sale on atm, the best deal imo is Toyworld Auroa at 50% off.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOW10001&mode=retail

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah those things are weird. They're apparently actually are good quality, good enough to pass for a real one to most people unless they know where to look(mispelled logos mostly iirc). Speculation I've heard ranges from them being made from stolen or discarded molds to them being produced after hours using the actual molds/production line.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

3 posted:

AoE Crosshairs turns into a Corvette with handguns, so it seems only natural to repaint him into Tracks "Hot Shot???" What, did they lose the trademark again?

There's already a AoE moviebot called 'Trax' iirc, might just be a thing to promote a car however

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

3 posted:

I've been leery of that thing ever since it was first announced. "Hey, do you want a version of the Hastak deluxe Cyclonus except more poorly proportioned and worse in every way? Well boy have we got a deal for you!"

They might've been able to scrape up some more sales if they offered a one-horn IDW version but as it stands, he just looks really goofy at the moment.

Yeah I don't see exactly much in the way of groundswell for a greebeled up knock off of the Jizai Cyclonus Garage Kit from 2007 with no real improvements, beyond including a target master, with that added bonus of that KFC 'quality'. Lost cause from day one.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Wow, those G2 stunticons went for 26.8k USD

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Wow these 3rd parties are really coming up with some car-razy poo poo, MP Sideswipe Ver Halloween Party
Link

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Speaking of Fansproject

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Nice forearms that are bigger than your shoulders Unauthorized Hot Spot

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Cute!

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Why bother with someone like Paddles when you could rep the Dino Papacy and behold the greatness of Grimstone?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Lepecard posted:

So I just looked up that Optimus and it appears to be a promotional item for the Japanese clothing brand called "BAPE"(Bathing Ape).

It seems this isn't the first Bape Optimus either.

I'm more interested in finding out why Cybertron(Galaxy Force) Optimus is also on that display!
It's the Hybrid figure judging from the size, maybe there's plans for a reissue, they did reissue the other two releases in the line recently.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Those are all examples of prototypes from throughout the years. Presumably at one point they intended to make flocked Primal, maybe it was even the proposed original version of his figure. Torca is likely made at a higher scale(see that Beast Wars Megatron Head in the top right) and intended to be downscaled for production, though it's also possible they intended to make Mega or even Ultra classed Fuzors and he was one of them before being downsized but I doubt it. Also if you look on the bottom of the picture you can see a very early proto for Sixshot, so blocky.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Since the buttflap looks is part of the cab and a lot of people are complaining about it(I'm not bothered by it personaly) I wouldn't be surprised if some 3rd party made a new cab that didn't have it and maybe an option for a more toy coloured front bumper.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
That's one big bootleg
http://www.tf-direct.com/store/mp-08x-ko-preorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Because it's a convoluted Beast Wars 2 ref, a Hellscream figure in BW2 Starscream colours