Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Who wants a sick Dinobot Hype Video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_CqL310V0E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

After Dinobot, the 2nd coolest character is Beast Megatron. If Dinobot is that big... good lord, how huge would Megatron be?

He would be about a head taller than Dinobot, but the thing is that BW Megatron's transformation is WAY simpler than Dinobot's so chances are Megs would at worst only be as expensive as Dinobot, even with the increased bulk.

The best part is that since Dinobot comes with the "Sounds of Earth" golden disk, we'll finally be able to get official heights for the characters.

Edit: Also, we're getting some pseudo confirmation that Dinobot has a movable jaw on his different robot mode faces

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 13, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DisposableHero posted:

This looks weird and impressive at the same time. Like yeah, I can clearly see big robot leg tubes in that raptor rear end but also it all looks as compactly done as I could reasonably expect.

For a transformation that we thought impossible (and really, it still kinda is), Takara clearly gave it everything they had and it shows. It's hard for me to get upset at any of the imperfections.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DisposableHero posted:

Sure. Price maybe but not the imperfections. Now if only they would do an MP version of Rhinox or someone would OSKO the most recent one to be the right size to go with the other Beast Wars Masterpieces. Rattrap is thankfully already pretty much the right size.

I feel safe saying that MP Rattrap is in planning. That flip-out peg on MP Primal's back has to be there for SOME reason.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
To clarify, the original toys never had accurate raptor feet - they always had three front toes and two back toes which became the robot hands.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

classics jazz is the only good jazz toy in like 20 years

where's my masterpiece jazz huh

Probably doomed to never be made due to Porsche not wanting to give TT permission to use the Martini Porsche 935 (probably also explains why he's a Pontiac in the first movie). At least third party offerings exist. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SlothfulCobra posted:

I kinda love it. A little backpack is fine. Makes him look nice and chunky like a robot should.

That's not a "little" backpack. Also, I know it's par for the course for retail transformers but all that hollow plastic in combination does him zero favors.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rhyno posted:

I'm just enjoying the reactions of the people who thought this would be a decent MP stand in.

I mean, maybe with a Takara repaint and a couple of third party upgrade kits it could do the job, but I suppose at that point it kinda defeats the purpose.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
My first Masterpiece, and the first transformers toy i've owned since I was a kid:

July can't loving come soon enough - I NEED DINOBOT!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The recent Generations Rhinox, Rattrap and Waspinator are all pretty decent too, and probably won't cost you as much as a Masterpiece. MP Cheetor is a thing, too.

Just something to whet your whistle.

Oh i'm well aware of Cheetor - I'm just waiting to build some funds back up before I pick it up. As for the Generations toys...nah. I'm fine with just being patient until we get MP Rattrap and Rhinox.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

I kind of seriously want a MP Transmetal 2 Megs, but that's for entirely sentimental reasons. It was the last gift from my grandfather before he died but it ended up getting stolen by some dickhead kids in the neighborhood and I never saw it again.

Perfect Effect has your back:

Also, gently caress those kids.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Hemingway To Go! posted:

She said transmetal 1 (golden T-Rex), not Transmetal 2 (dragon). Though the latter is my preference.

I was replying to Burkion, not Invictus.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

If they make MP Blackarachnia then they drat well better not stop. At that point i'll riot if we don't get a MP SIlverbolt. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

Silverbolt is a good character, but you see, if they make Silverbolt, then they have to make Quickstrike and all of the Transmetals. That's a rabbit hole. I'm way too much of an anal dork to have Silverbolt hanging out with Season 1 Optimus\Cheetor\Rattrap. He wasn't in the show yet! DOES NOT COMPUTE

Well then all the more reason to just say gently caress it and give us the whole BW cast. I mean, once season 1 is out of the way the rest of the toys will be a loving cakewalk for TT to make (and probably be way cheaper).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tighclops posted:

I hope they do more BW references in Power of the Primes because as awesome as those MPs are, they're also pricey

Holding Primal in my hands now, i'm confident in saying the prices are justified. I'm sure any PotP toys would be good, but they would only be a representation of a BW character. If I have learned anything about myself when it comes to toy collecting, i'm not satisfied with "A" representation - I want "THE" representation, and will spend that extra cash if it results in having that definitive version.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So Amazon.ca had a deal on Trans5mer's voyager Scorn (28 bucks before tax/shipping). Typically retail transformers toys have never caught my attention due to how cheap they look with all the hollow plastic and ugly gaps(and movie toys being hideous looking), but Scorn's design caught my attention and multiple reviews convinced me it was worth picking up. Plus i'm loving all the customs I have seen of it where people seem to just paint the thing all silver and then dirty/rust it up to look more movie accurate and admittedly i'm tempted to try out something similar.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

I'd rather have Extinction Scorn but blown up to voyager size

Does that exist? Do we have a KO large Scorn yet?

That has existed for a while. Do you want red, black, or chrome? :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

Faithfully recreating Movie Transformers

Still not as difficult as a faithful G1 Megatron

I feel like G1 Megatron has been "figured out" by this point, both officially and unofficially.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
MP-05 didn't look good even when there was nothing better to compare it to.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Perfect Effect Mega Doragon with a full color reveal:

PE-DX09 MEGA DORAGON
Release in MAY/2018

Product Features:
* 10 inches(25.4cm) in leader
* 23 inches(70cm) from dragon head to tail
* 3 modes: leader, beast, and ground
* Original Arm Cannon mode

Set Contents:
MEGA DORAGON ---------------x 1
Wing Sword ------------------------x 2
Interchangeable faces-----------x 1

I love, LOVE the detail of having the Beast Wars "eye" in the sword hilts. Not a huge fan of his toothy grin face though - would have preferred smug grin.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 12, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Keldroc posted:

The toothy grin kind of fits the dragon version better, though. He was a lot more overconfident and sadistic once he gained that form, reveling in the power. TM1 version was the smuggest.

Admittedly my memory of TM2 Megs in the show is fuzzy at best so i'll take your word for it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So I got Trans5mers voyager Scorn off of an amazon sale, mainly cause I kept seeing tons of amazing customs people did of making the toy look WAY better and decided it would be a fun project for me.

Edit: edited for completed shots.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 13, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Keldroc posted:

Still better than making him a jet in terms of Bruticus' look. I doubt I would rebuy a domestic version of him, though.

A jet still makes more sense as a combat vehicle than a space shuttle.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
For anyone interested, The Last Knight Voyager Nitro is nearly half-price on amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_i=desktop

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

pubic works project posted:

Is Blitzwing still on sale for 16 CDN? Care to help a yank out?

Back up to 28.34 CAD unfortunately.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You could probably get a decent amount for it on ebay as a incomplete figure/spare parts. Did you try putting in new batteries to see if the electronics still work?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DoctorWhat posted:

The same could frankly be said of normal MP-10, chrome is never good.

Chrome is like diecast: Used properly it's amazing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Danger posted:

So I’ve yet to make the jump into any mp figure but have 100 bucks to spend. If one were to go for 1 masterpiece at that price point or less what would be the best? I like to fiddle around with them and not just display. I’ve been tempted by cheetor as I grew up with beast wars.

You can't go wrong with Cheetor.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DoctorWhat posted:

MPP10 is too big, nothing scales with him. If you ever branch out into other MPs, you'll regret getting OSKOs.

Well if I may direct your attention to this frame of the original cartoon, you'll see that MPP10 scales perfectly with... [/nerd] :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pretty much my complaint for almost every Bayformer toy. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's machima.

Kind of mad they gave primal to perlman instead of Gary, since such a big deal is always made for g1 leadrrs having their original voice acting, but I'm never watching it anyway so oh well

Is Gary busy with other commitments?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

I'm still annoyed that Masterpiece Ultra Magnus isn't a white Masterpiece Optimus Prime wearing power armor.

Like come on! That would have been great!

It probably would have also cost a fortune, and considering how whiny MP collectors are whenever something goes over the $100 US price it's probably better they didn't make a Magnus like that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Diet Poison posted:

Which is the fuckin' horrible Cybertron one where it turns into a 6-wheeled truck and the front of the truck articulates and the back wheels combine into the worst looking legs ever, and I think it has chest missiles that like one fires and two are ornamental?
I can never find it when I think to look it up, and it's so bad I need it.

Blastcharge. I only know that because I remember TJOmega's Plastic Addict episode on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuOd-0adVE4

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

They still can't sell it officially in the US, righrt? That's a big ol' hurdle to mass sales for mp megatron.

Can't they just package it in robot mode and NOT put the gun mode on the boxart?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Knormal posted:

While we're talking about bad Unicron Trilogy figures, and worst Transformers ever, I'd like to bring up my favorite worst figure again.

Armada figures had bad articulation but at least usually looked pretty good, I still want to know the behind-the-scenes of what happened to Sideswipe here.

The epitome of a gimmick-former.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Dear BoldForms, stop making toys. You suck at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vBVWxreTsg

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

I feel like I've heard Bold Forms before

Have they made any other things?

They made a G1 Motormaster that was ALSO terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6DyrvcHkY8

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DoctorWhat posted:

Vangelus apparently found Gladius to be interesting and ambitious.

Maybe we'll see a review of it by 2020. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

Mr. Plinkett??!

I didn't know you liked Transformers, I thought you just liked Night Court

Goddammit, now I want Plinkett to review the Transformers movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

Being an internet celebrity with an open mailbag has its ups and downs, if you ever want to see what it's like when one goes off the deep end, go check out the Super Best Friends mailbags, in which they had mentioned on one of their podcasts that they heard of this super rad FIVE-TO-SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ultra-limited-edition bluray/dvd/artbook/everything else ultimate boxed set and were dreaming of possibly owning it as a hypothetical...and then in one of their mailbags shortly after, someone had sent them one. And then they opened the next package in that mailbag and...someone else had sent them a second one. They shut down the mailbag shortly after. They put it really well, "we need to have a discussion about this later. Because this, this is Radioactive Man #1. We will KILL EACH OTHER over this." Also, people were sending them boxes full of weapons and sex toys from baddragon, so that was probably a factor in shutting it down too.

It wasn't even the Gurren Lagann blu-ray sets that made them shut down the mailbag - it was the fact that the mail NEVER slowed down - the guys were simply running out of room to put everything people were sending them. I think Woolie was sent 2-3 katanas in the final mailbag.