Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Those're some really funky lookin' guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So what ever happened to Drift anyways?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

They should give him a briefcase accessory.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I thought it was a reference to Transformers: Cybertron. Cyber planet keys and whatnot.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I always liked this G2 Megatron more.

With his bigger counterpart, I could never get the head out without a screwdriver to pry it out. Also his legs had more joints.

Don't need your lame giant green Megatrons, because clearly, this Megatron rules!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Prowl's homicide investigations back on earth were so much more interesting and compelling than Megatron fighting a massive swarm of zombies while prime was trying to stop Galvatron from pooping in Cybertron's water supply, or whatever he was supposed to be doing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Goldskull posted:

Skids talk: The Generations/MTMTE toy looks loving awesome. Here's G1 comic version for you:

So yeah, he always was a...A-Team truck kind of thing.

How many transformer-human relationships were there back in the old comic?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

When did Red Alert stop being dead?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

He was never dead, just put into stasis after his attempted suicide.

The prose story was kinda crappy in that regard, in that we lost two big characters virtually off screen.

I know he wasn't dead dead, but it seems weird that they would just pull him out of the closet they put him in without a word.

Also, there actually was a conspiracy he wasn't supposed to know about the he stumbled into. He may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean that someone wasn't out to get him. Was it really a suicide, or was Hot Rod trying to HIDE THE TRUTH?! :tinfoil:

Red Alert was such a great character, I hope they bring him back.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

At least they're mixing it up. Anything's better than just getting the same dudes over and over again, and drowning in a sea of Bumblebees, Starscreams, Megatrons, and Optimus Primes.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

As I recall, the Obsidian toy was kickin' rad. I never watched the show, and it was the only toy I had from beast machines.

Coincidentally, it's also the only transformer who transforms into a real thing from that show to my knowledge.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Transformers seems to take place in a niche of science fiction that doesn't seem to have any Japanese equivalent.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That Optimus Prime would be a disgrace no matter what size he's at. Look at that wacky anime sword on the side. Look at the weird-rear end front. Look at the fact that there's a hole right in the middle of the goddamn thing. And seriously, why does he need a goofy cannon wheel? If they really wanted to stick guns on Optimus that bad, they could just turn him into a tank.

It seems like all the movie transformers since the Real Gear line and that one toaster are just poo poo.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Whelp, now I have to buy a globe.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Big dumb crossover events are literally the big reason I don't read Marvel and DC comics these days.

Can't I just read a book about robots and their wacky adventures without them being interrupted by a big huge storyline that takes up all the comics and yet in the end, ultimately adds to neither?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

How cool is Hoist's gun? I keep getting tempted by it, but that's the only real difference from Trailbreaker.

strangehamster posted:

I love these RID cars so much, the rubber wheels, almost completely painted bodies, and multiple accessories! But I hate the RID robots so much, X-Brawns hood/engine arm and all that can't-hide-it car kibble for example.

I know what you mean. Wedge is still one of my favorite transformers, but none of his compatriots are anywhere near as good, they're all blocky and Grimlock has those goofy hook hands. I still love to give other transformers Hightower's pistol though.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What fantasy world are you people living in where there's a new wave of generations out? All I ever see are Megatron, Bumblebee, Pax, Thundercracker, and Hoist. :pwn:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I always thought that forged sparks had their bodies built just like the ones that were constructed cold, and Ratchet was just being a little racist about the whole matter.

Transformers as a piece of science fiction has developed into way more of an interesting thing than it ever had any right to. I guess it may be one of the biggest pieces of sci-fi where the vast majority of the characters are nonhuman, and along with exploring the transformers' own weird alien physiological nature, it deals with a lot of bigger issues, like politics, morality, and the toll of war, along with more classic sci-fi issues like there being a huge complicated galaxy out there and fiddling around with the fundamental elements of the universe.

Here we are in an era where weird sci-fi is mostly dead, with the Transformers franchise shining out like a weird, unexpected beacon.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There are the broad-shouldered transformers, and then there are the transformers with not so broad shoulders and maybe wider hips.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think the primary reason there aren't that many girl transformers is that every continuity has to be composed mainly of references to previous continuities, so most of the characters have to be male because most of the past characters have been male.

Someone must have thought it was so drat clever to come up with a crazy mad scientist origin story as an excuse for why there's just one token female in the entire species.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Megatron joining the Lost Light doesn't feel right if Optimus isn't involved somehow. I feel like IDW Megatron/Optimus is the closest thing to a will they or won't they romance.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love whenever Transformers takes steps beyond simple "Decepticons bad, Autobots good". It makes everything seem so real and fleshed out as opposed to being just an overblown toy backstory.

Ending the war was probably the gutsiest thing that IDW ever did.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The MSJ posted:

I think this confirms that the Bugatti is Drift and this is how he looks in AoE.

Not anime enough.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've seen those, and I still don't understand what the point of them is. It's like one of those giant GI Joes but without the clothes. Or guns.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I went to both the Krogers near my house and didn't find a single transformer.

I guess I'll drown my sorrows in discounted jerky.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The Real Gear line has returned with a vengeance.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Phy posted:

Yeah, it's stuff like that that is what I've been liking Dark Cybertron for. Optimus Prime is not your dad.

Optimus Prime just got out of a couple million years of being everyone's dad.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I really hope that each of those weapons is detachable. Looks like 4 pistols, 2 shotgun-type things, a knife, and whatever that thing on his back is.

I guess the noodle arms are supposed to be like ammunition belts? There's been dumber in bayformers before, and maybe they look less like noodles from other angles.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Someone will make a third party gun ears upgrade kit. I think that gun might be a reference to the Transformers: Animated Bumblebee's stingers.

I might finally buy this mold now that it's not another dang Bumblebee.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The trick my mom used when she collected the action figures of the Starjammers was to buy a second set for me and my sister to play with.

We played the hell out with them, and I'll never regret it. :colbert:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wish that the minicons had a better color scheme. The black and dark green tends to just blur together.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The only Bumblebee I have is a little G2 reissue. :smugbert:

That is, unless you count Hotshot and Sparkplug from Armada and WoC Cliffjumper.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's just a Leader-1 repaint.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love old man Megatron reflecting back on his life. I love how Prowl is falling on hard times and nobody but the constructicons like him. I hope they become his goons or something. I love how everybody's just partying down like there's no tomorrow.

I couldn't care less about Shockwave or Galvatron or the dudes stuck in an alternate dimension or any of their wacky space-time schenanigans. BLAH BLAH BLAH EITHER KILL EACHOTHER OR GET BACK TO THE CHARACTERS WORKING ON THEIR INTERRELATIONSHIPS.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

This is what I call a good end to a war. The latest issue is the best Dark Cybertron issue.

No lie, I would be willing to read an entire comic dedicated to just these mismatched dudes in a bar hangin' out.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

quote:

Is that a removable clip? That's just silly.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Transformers are the coolest drat toys.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

TheDK posted:

"Oh oh isn't like a paper airplane, or some kind of remote controlled kite?"

I really do like this Soundwave design, but whenever I see him, I just think he looks like one of the Drej from Titan AE.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's kind of weird that classic-style Ultra Magnus hasn't gotten more love from Hasbro in the past. A toy car that can carry around your other toy cars? Sounds like a moneymaker to me.

Last time he was a car carrier truck was RiD wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The chief problem is that Masterpiece Prime is really big, and if they made an Ultra Magnus that's MP prime with an armor add on, it would be crazy huge.

Of course if there was a little Ambus in MP Magnus, that would be the best thing.