Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Add http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEG2009R8GOZ4OQEs6x4rqA PhelesDragon's Review Dump to the reviewer pile; big beast wars fans, updates regularly now, tons of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

catch22 posted:

(Crossposting from old thread in case Ka0 stopped reading that one already) ka0 - thanks so much for the gift, it looks even better in person! I need to pick up a frame and get that sucker up on the wall ASAP!

Phew alright! I had begun to worry about it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Not buying Smokescreen until they give him the alternators' blue and yellow attire.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Why would they paint a classic Datsun in modern Subaru Racing livery?

I meant "the other" Smokescreen

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The Goon posted:

Here's a pic of a Metroplex that's had a panel lining wash added to it. It looked awesome enough that I may attempt it on my own once I get it:

If it's between this or a car downpayment, car wins. But it comes close. Oh, so very close.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The Rage posted:

poo poo tiny deluxe released at $23.99, HA version announced for US release, never makes it. Japanese HA release, $169. Weights less than a bag of feathers.

Updated for projected inflation and price increases.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I can't get enough of fire trucks that turn into robots.
I even considered importing Ganoh

"Paint applications? haha"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

About 2 months ago

sis: yo I got you a blue liontron-thingie, that one you mentioned once

me: you mean thundertron? that's awesome

sis: that one. it's pretty cool actually. you sure they are not selling them back home?

me: not a chance, we're stuck on first wave retail as usual. just ship it over

sis: but what if it breaks, I don't wanna return it

me: it'll be fine, just put packing peanuts on the box, that's how ebay sellers do it

sis: OK

yesterday morning, I got a package

The box was still sealed.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Iced Cocoa posted:

And to let you know, Iceland is not a English-speaking country.

Well, about that thing...

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Are the new combiner kreons out yet? I cannot wait to have tiny Abominus.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

How has that mold not desintegrated yet, is it made of platinum.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I think I'm going to need help with series 2 micro changers. Anyone up for "middle-manning" to a messed up faraway land?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I'm so happy they made a Cosmos, even if it's legends (which is almost redundant since they already made a legends Cosmos years ago). I hope he shows up on Kre O and at least deluxe.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I bought encore omega supreme from TFSource. They put double styrofoam inserts between the box and the outer package as well as using super tight bubblewrapping. The box was also encased in a dual layer cardboard harness. All in all their packaging is way superior to what bbts offers.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 2, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

It's high time for generation 3 featuring a totally different cast and wildly outrageous concepts such as zero-g vehicle combat, genders and star harvesting.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Knormal posted:

They have those for Transformers now too. I was in Toys R Us yesterday and watched a kid pick a 10" hollow rubber Prime Bumblebee over a real Transformer. The kid was like five so he wouldn't have been able to handle anything more than a legend figure anyway, and no young kid is going to pick a 2" figure over a 10" one regardless of quality. Thus the upscaled legends.

I stopped by a supermarket to pick up some food and they had these enormous 12" blown up rubber dolls of optimus prime and bumblebee. I am not loving kidding. They looked like those china market knockoffs you buy for a dollar or 2, except these had "HASBRO" on the boxes and were priced at about $18. I could not believe my goddamn eyes.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 4, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Phy posted:

Specifically Car Robots. Fire Convoy may have been the first real "WE'RE BACK MOTHERFUCKERS" for vehicular Transformers, but check your fuckin' tires if you have one. I've got an Optimus and Ultra Magnus that have been chilling back in their boxes for the last five years and I'm afraid to look now.

Can't you just crazy-glue them back together.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I am somewhat confused. Is the new BH Predaking a redeco of the existing Predaking or a newer, cheapo and less articulated mold? (ala an upscaled cyberverse)

This is the one I'm talking about :

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

TFcon is going to have Pathfinder as another attendee exclusive. Pity that mold in particular didn't turn out so well.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

How I long for the day when the word "exclusives" is excised from transformers.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

TheDK posted:

Also, I've recently become the owner of a HFTD Payload and I need some opinions before I open it because this guy looks like a certified piece of yellow poo poo in the box. The alt mode appears to be the only saving grace as it does look exactly like a Tonka truck. So, any Payload owners out there care to comment on him?

For reference, I am talking about this guy:

Transform him. Then change your opinion. Granted I like mine because he looks like a proper mean robot with insanely huge legs and switchblades. Loader mode is awesome.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Something tells me we'll be hearing more and more about this TRU snafu.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

To me arcades were sentenced the day the PSX port of Tekken turned out better than the coin-op version. I believe it was 1995.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

They just had to go with katanas and heels didn't they.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I like Metroplex. I'm just not too excited about paying $200+ for the hong kong version.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I'm going to buy that mold in whatever is less expensive. Metrotitan, Metroplex, Metronome, I don't care as long as the paint apps are decent.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

01 of 30 collect them all lmao. I cannot fathom the amount of money customs would swindle me out of for that gargantuan box.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Final episode of Prime was pretty blueballs but what did I expect at this stage. At least someone died.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Keldroc posted:

The main difference is that most of the HftD and RtS original molds had actual faces instead of the bug-mouthed junk sculptures that pass for heads in the movie designs. Because of that, they don't look out of place with the Generations figures for the most part. I don't really see why Seaspray doesn't fit but Classics Powerglide does, but as we know, categorization is a bone of contention in the fandom. There are people who insist that Generations Metroplex is not FoC Metroplex, because he's part of the Generations continuity (whatever that is), not the "Aligned" continuity, even though he uses the FoC design, features FoC characters on his box art, and speaks phrases from FoC. :eng99:

I maintain "aligned" continuity is some aspergers bullshit someone made up to have bumblebee mute and boring. It makes absolutely no sense, is completely unnecesary and who cares, they're just toys.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I can't believe this toy is 10 years old:

Yes I know the mold itself is even older. I just like some of those early 2003ish universes like the Inferno redeco of RiD Prowl or Reptilion.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

strangehamster posted:

Look at all this glorious crap!

Can you fetch a Fire Beast Predaking for me?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Keldroc posted:

So utterly not worth the price, especially considering the extra costs of shipping it to where you are. Huge disappointment.

I have seen the voyager here. It... failed to impress. I wonder what did you find lacking on big Predaking.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I will never accept city commander as my classics Ultra Magnus. I think it's a sub-par sculpt.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

quote:

Both of these things are terrifyingly awesome what's wrong with you guys. If I were an oil baron I'd preorder both, yesterday.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yes. Mr. "Creepy Whispery Guy" Sean Long bought a $200 Animated Blitzwing a week before it came out in stores, and that's not even the half of it.

Dude had no job, tried to make all his money off youtube reviews, almost wound up homeless... yeah. Not the best judgement. I think he was featured on a collector intervention show, too.

Also he binge-collected for a time basically everything and anything on toy aisles. DC, Neca, batman, star wars crap you name it. His house looked like a hoarder den.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Trailduder would've been my choice.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Has anyone seen these guys play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Zk9d_c3v4

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I preordered Diesel from BBTS but it comes with some "M3 Crossfire kit" which I assume is the combiner kibble. Am I correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Is he really getting that much poo poo? I kinda stopped following not menasor, if they offer a giftset in the future I might bite. I just saw some pictures and Motormaster looks pretty decent.

The thread at TFW is an absolute shitstorm, plus the general view (read: 8 out of 10 fans) isn't favorable due to panelforming/colors/not having tiny truck feet on robot mode/ being a saggitarius/ you pick your peeve.