Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Go Bots didn't bomb, Transformers just outsold them due to having a way better media presence and Tonka not giving as much of a poo poo as Hasbro

Go Bots also own bones and they're super fun little toys to transform back and forth, I wish that bandai would reissue the originals in the US under the MR name or something, but with packaging that echoes the 80s Go Bots blister packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Smolder more like shoulders

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What is the best pin punch thing to remove and put pins back? I want to chrome out Kickback's wings with my chrome pen.

I broke down and ordered Shrapnel off of Amazon.jp, it was only like 3 bucks more than American retail.

Buy a watch repair kit, they're like $6-10 on Amazon and come with everything you'll need for pin removal and replacement

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Nodosaur posted:

It’s an Amazon exclusive

Also I’m trying to decide whether to call Nedrybot Databank, Password, or System Crash. What do y’all think?

Newman

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Time to invade Carbombya

Someone photoshop the old "bin ladens hidden cave fortress" image and replace it with the ark

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Dabir posted:

I mixed Cog with Ironworks and Scraphook.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I PRESENT

ROBOCOP...TWO!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That's a sick robot mode, I loving love the exhaust pipes bordering the torso and head, and the mixing barrel becoming giant sleeves. He looks like some kind of robot wizard

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

DoctorWhat posted:

Hey I threw up a poll on the dying bad website and I'd like your votes/testimonials on the subject

https://twitter.com/Kuuga_Gameing/status/1703866044492755058?t=NL2vXc9A67GZpwJEIVlOag&s=19

Nobody remembers how to transform Classics Megatron, you instantly forget the moment you figure it out

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

He's actually a fire suppression truck, but Hasbro never gives him the water tank/rear half of his altmode for some reason

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

What are the odds we get some out of left field oddball like TFA Dirt Boss in Legacy?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

https://twitter.com/TheGDPod/status/1707697768637059542

it looks like it has a german shepards head

also give us quickstrike please

gently caress yeah

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It probably cost a shitload more to produce than it would have sold for, which is why it was a mail order exclusive. Reflector has a fuckload of parts, and wouldn't sell in the numbers it would need to to be a positive ROI unlike Megatron, who also had a fuckload of parts but was the lead bad guy, so every kid wanted one.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

Yep, the 1984 Decepticons in the toy catalog were literally 10 guys, 5 of whom were cassettes. Leading to situations like this:

I don't think I've ever heard a firm reason why Reflector became a mail-in though. Production cost would make sense with all the accessories. He also had a fair amount of diecast for if I remember right.

Kinda shocked we haven't had ten million orange, yellow and teal repaints of rumble/frenzy

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Phy posted:

Rumble is red,
Frenzy is too.
Neither cassette
Has ever been blue.

Frenzy is red
Lavender is Rumble
If you think otherwise
Your opinion is jumbled

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Rumble and Frenzy as joycons, Soundwave as the console, Laserbeak as the game cart

It's a shame Nintendo seems to want nothing to do with the crossovers, because you all know that PlayStation Optimus should've been a super nintendo instead

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Joe Fisto posted:

I got Studio Series Mirage a few days ago and it... kinda sucks. Its way too kibbly for the sleek bot mode he has in the movie. The porsche mode is panel lined to death too. I still plan to keep it because he's a core character from the movie, but drat.

Maybe I should get the Yolopark model kits instead.

Swap the head with a movie 1 Jazz because why the gently caress was he Mirage in the first place

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bee looks more like a mini Bulkhead, that body shape doesn't read as Bumblebee in any way, shape or form

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't think the robot mode looks bad, but the altmode is an impressive lump of Nothing

and the robot mode looks to be wildly articulated, like, for a core class he's got shoulders, shoulder swivels, elbows, waist swivel, hip joints, and knees. for a core class that seems ridiculous to me. like I have core class nemesis prime sitting right here and he's got good articulation but not nearly that much, and his feet are bricks. I'll probably get that rumble to fiddle with and pose, I can't really tell from the picture but it almost looks like he has some sort of joint in the feet as well, possibly just a swivel, maybe a balljoint. if it's a balljoint then that little dude is going to be godlike for posing doing stuff

He's like a Stikfa that turns into a cube of junkyard scrap

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Apollo looks like roided up Grey Fox

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

New listings:

I'm curious if Autobot Bullseye is going to be a Transformer of the Target dog mascot, who is also named Bullseye, but I can't think of any recent dogformers that could be bundled with a voyager Optimus to make a leader price point.

Titans Return Weirdwolf with an american bull terrier head

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Alt mode, giant red dog
Bot mode, Martin Short

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

He reminds me of Cybertron Soundwave, what with the lanky proportions and backpack kibble

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Phy posted:

Shame they weren't doing crossover toys back when they put out the X-Files crossover, do a Muldertron that turns into a black 94 Chevy Caprice

Mulder and Scully duocon with a UFO altmode, please

poo poo, remold the Star wars crossovers millennium falcon for it

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

What side of a quintesson is the front?

yes

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

TRGB Ray's appearance was based on Walker at the time, too

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Last Call posted:

It's funny cause in that issue it explains Transformers became alive from things like springs and levers.

Early cannon was very weird.

Much of what we know now is the proudct of combining everything that's come before, little bits from various TF series.

Naturally occurring gears and levers, no less, like some kind of junkyard parthenogenesis (which is coincidentally the name of my next EBM album that doesnt exist)

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I wonder if we'll get some generic army builder bots if Legacy goes on long enough, like Cybertron Scrapmetal, the Energon Omnibots and Terrorcons or Prime Vehicons, maybe even some Beast Machines Drones

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

I guess I would watch a webseries or something about this angry little red dragon guy the size of Bumblebee running around trying to change the future while everyone tries to pretend they're not looking at him.

Edit: Actually I guess TM2 Megs is almost 40 feet tall so he'd blend in okay. But it would be funnier if he was Season 1 sized.

lmao I just realized that season 1 Megatron's alt mode isn't a tyrannosaurus rex; due to scale, he's a nanotyrannus

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Optimus as a cop would be Stoptimus Crime.

i found that online and i still love it.

Prowl with the matrix would be Coptimus Prime

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Good Listener posted:

Oh hey I was right about Windsweeper.

Also I was annoyed at first at the $60 price tag for the 3 pack but then it was like "oh yea Deluxes are $25.00 now.."

When this thread first began in 2006, deluxes were still $10 :corsair:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Clear plastic should just go the way of the dodo at this point, it's always a weak point and a liability to the long-term life of a toy.

RIP DoTM Jolt, you beautiful, mostly painted clear plastic bastard :(

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

So will Godbomber be like a $250 upgrade in like 2 years or something

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

had these tucked away in a bookshelf and decided to sell them, but I have no idea what they're worth nowadays. I feel like I've seen them go for quite a bit before, but also there's no sold listings on ebay currently.

one problem I remember them having is the binding is not great, so pages would sometimes come loose, as visible behind the galvatron-cover volume.

they're really neat books with lots of info and great photos, as well as little footnotes mentioning things like common breakage points, manufacturing errors, etc. if they still made them to this day I'd probably keep them, but they only go up to beast wars and RID iirc.

Why are the titles written like that one spongebob meme

TRaNsfOrmErS rECogNiTIoN GUidE

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

The trailer seems fine, it looks to me like they hit that sweet spot between kid and adult audiences pretty well. I saw a lot of comparisons online between it and the last TMNT movie, which seems about right. Plotwise it seems like a lot of hodge podge of various pre-war elements from prior media without really adding anything new, but we'll see.

I am a little weirded out by Alpha Trion apparently being a unicorn wolf, maybe lion, thing, but then there were some shots of some cyber-gazelles or something so they're clearly going for the version of Cybertron where it's more of a full-fledged robot ecosystem and not just full of Quintesson-made workers.

Alpha Trion was a wolf in the Prime toyline

Maybe TFO is an Aligned continuity reboot

Edit: wait nope, he was a lion

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 19, 2024

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Hasbro marketer: I'm here to announce our new mobile game, Transformers: Race Wars

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SlothfulCobra posted:

The movie would probably be pretty awkward because half the cast is dead.

Yeah and the actors passed away too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Man, modern Visionaries would be cool as hell. Replace the old holographic sticker gimmick with little LCD screens like those creepy new furbys' eyes and they'd be amazing.