Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Gammatron 64 posted:

I would have posted the panel if I could have found it, but my favorite Rodimus moment is when he says something like "Okay guys, I'm giving you this speech because according to Ultra Magnus, I have to give you more of a briefing than just running around the ship yelling 'Hey, who's up for a fight?'"

I knew I had it somewhere:

If I start posting all my favourite panels and pages though we'll be here forever. I love that comic. I know there are better general comics coming out right now but MTMTE is the only one that turns me into a ten-year-old again. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

GD_American posted:

oh poo poo just announced

Swerve (MTMTE style)
Tailgate
IDW Skids
VOYAGER CLASS WHIRL

Holy cow yes! I stopped getting figures after Animated cause I was content with my little collection. But god drat you Hasbro. You know how to pull me back in.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Auuugh. More Than Meets the Eye this week is a killer. Waiting for the next issue is going to be a bitch.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

SpikeMcclane posted:

Oh my. MTMTE20 has the single saddest pannel. :smith:

I actually made a little sad noise at that one. :smith:

And should we change the thread title to 'James Roberts is a bit of a bastard'?

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Veg posted:

MTMTE 21 speculation, what if Rodimus ends up biting it? I've seen a lot of talk that his matrix bearing spark will give back all the life the switch took, like when he stepped on Luna-1, in exchange for his life.

drat you Roberts, I was so looking foward to Daj Atlas being Rodimus' new third in charge too.

I don't want any characters in this to die. But I read Wreckers, I know what we could be in for.

And I was so pleased to see the Scavengers back! And then a few panels on just going "oh. Of course." :smith:

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

How many of you guys are Brits, and specifically near Manchester? We might be getting James Roberts and Nick Roche in for a signing at our comic shop soon. I don't get to go to many conventions due to work so I'll be pretty chuffed if it goes ahead.

The anxiety waiting for this weeks issue is surprising. I don't really want anyone to get killed off, even the jerk characters are pretty glorious in this series.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Me too. You never know, they might visit on of the London stores as well, unless they are touring Travelling Man or something.

Sadly they can only come for the day, and just to my Travelling Man. I know it's a bit lame, but there is a decent 2 hour London-Manchester train and the shop is just a few minutes walk from the station. They seem like super nice chaps!

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Unknownone posted:

I'm in preston, occasionally go to Manchester. When is it?

Possibly the first weekend of November, was trying to avoid clashing with Thought Bubble.

In other robot news, Diamond didn't pack our copies of MTMTE #21 into our delivery this week. :argh:

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Could you ask Nick Roche to do me a Chromedome/Rewind sketch if you do get them there? :allears:

Totally! I've been wondering who to ask for myself. Probably Ratchet. It was his two parter that really hooked me to the series.

Spiderdrake posted:

What is Thoughtbubble in this context?

Does RID ship tomorrow as well, is that why we just got slammed with previews?

Thought Bubble is a comic con at Leeds, we usually manage to get some neat signings with the guests from it right before. I kinda want Roberts and Nick to get their own day though! It's just MTMTE and Beast Hunters this week too, no RID.

Podges fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 24, 2013

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

I wish I had a better quality version of this image but someone pointed this conversation out from a previous issue.

Such a hilarious little detail to call back to.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Iced Cocoa posted:

Hey, have a better quality:

You said James Roberts is doing some book-signing in Manchester? I got a friend who might want to go for me, but I can't seem to find any information about this signing. Where and when is it?

Thanks! And I'm still working things out for the signing, the guys seem to be pretty busy so we've not managed to sort out flights yet. But if it's on it'll be the first Saturday in November at Travelling Man. If not November then I think we'll rearrange for the new year.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

That UK signing I mentioned a while ago with James Roberts and Nick Roche on Nov 2nd is definitely on now. So if anyone can make it up to Manchester next week, give me a shout if you need any copies of the trades or single issues of MTMTE ordered in. I'm getting extras anyway but it'll be good to be able to put stuff aside ready for people.

I think Nick will be doing sketches too, I'm just waiting to see what time we'll start it.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Rita Repulsa posted:

The comic shop only had ONE IDW transformers comic in total. One issue of MTMTE on the stands and that was it, not a trade or anything. I left it hoping someone else would pick it up and get into it.

I really wanted a physical copy of Windblade.

The free GI joe vs transformers comic seems pretty baller you should get it today

I've still got a few copies of Windblade in stock if you're after one, I'm quite happy to post it out!

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Mannnnn. I always recommend this as the fun Transformers comic to my customers, I think I just blank out the number of times it totally bums me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Regarding MTMTE I don't think that's what we're seeing. I think we're seeing what Cybertron would be like after Brainstorm's meddling, Rewind mentions that his database has changed.

I love Megatron's little rant. Other than that, lots of creepy poo poo!