Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GrimGypsy posted:

Looks like that 'Swerve tells a story' guy made another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcPBlR4xuV8

If Swerve is ever in a Transformers cartoon, he's gotta be voiced by that John Mulaney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Robot T-Rex head-shoulders? I'm okay with this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The MSJ posted:

Basically in the new movie the Autobots suddenly discovered anime and adjusted their robot modes to that aesthetic.

Unfortunately, they now refuse to fight unless they are kissed by a group Victoria's Secret models.

If we're going by official Transformers products, it ain't Victoria's Secret models that'll be kissing them...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet Hound is based on this guy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Well poo poo, nearly $900 worth of Transformers for $340 with free shipping. Thanks for that link!

3 Springer
3 Beast Hunter Shockwave
3 Generations Megatron
3 FOC Soundwave
3 FOC Soundblaster
3 Thundercracker
3 FOC Rumble pack
2 FOC Frenzy pack
2 Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime Helmet
1 RID Deluxe Rumble
1 Generations Deluxe Hoist

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 1, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Is this thing super expensive? It kinda rules.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

catch22 posted:

I just bought one for $23 shipped from Sirtoys

The most unflattering photo possible. Not really interested anymore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Beast Hunter Shockwave is amazing. It's an almost perfect figure, with the only serious flaws I can see in the robot mode(haven't transformed it yet) being the legs. They're mostly pretty great, but the lack of ankles means the massively flared shins obstruct him from standing in almost any non-rigid pose, or you have to get creative to make them not hit each other while maintaining balance. But the gun, the gun's gimmick, and most everything else is great. The wrist on the hand arm slightly obstructs the hand itself, restricting it.

Otherwise, outstanding figure. Has Shockwave ever had an outright bad figure, let alone one that's merely average? His Fall of Cybertron figure is one of the best Transformers I've had, maybe ever. It's got excellent articulation, a kickin' rad altmode, and his gun is both optional AND fits seamlessly onto either arm to form the iconic Shockwave gun-arm.

I've got literal piles of Transformers here now, how's the FOC Soundwave mold? It looks good but I'd like to hear opinions on it before I open one.

Gonna crack open a Trailcutter and Hoist soon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow! I really like Orion Pax, Trailcutter, Generations Thundercracker and Hoist. All just really solid deluxes, maybe some gappy bits here and there but honestly Orion Pax and the two trucks have such excellent articulation it's easily overlooked.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That optimus prime has underboob. What.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought a bunch of the dudes who come with comics included during the Amazon sale, and just read Trailcutter's. It's fantastic.

Do these only come with the figures, or were they able to be bought by themselves?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Welp, I accidentally ordered 9 Reveal the Shield Mindsets instead of the 3 I planned. At least he was cheap, and also a pretty loving amazing figure! If you haven't grabbed one yet, I highly suggest doing so, hell, why not grab a bunch of other really cheap TFs off Amazon while you're at it? Hoist is five bucks, Orion Pax is ten, Fall of Cybertron Blaster is ALSO ten, Predaking Reissue is 86, Trailcutter's 10, Sharkticon Megatron is 14.50, Beast Hunters Shockwave is 18, FOC Shockwave is 9 bucks, and Ratbat and Frenzy FOC pack is FOUR DOLLARS(!). There's some other great deals to be had I'm sure, and those are all Prime-eligible.

I will never not love a robot with multi-missile launchers that sit in/on the shoulders or above the head on a backpack mount.

I also ordered Prime Dead End and he's garishly glorious. He also looks pretty kickin' rad with his swords stuck on his shoulders instead of in his hands in bot mode.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 23, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Dygenguard and Aussenseiter SOC combo is one of the best action figures I've ever handled. Dygenguard is a magnificent, chunky beast and all its accessories and such are highly detailed, it's got lots of diecast and weighs a lot for its size, and it has enough ratcheting in the arms to hold its COLOSSAL BLADE at most angles. It's amazing. Aussenseiter suffers greatly due to its transformation gimmick sadly.

Dygenguard took a dive off my shelf and his foot snapped off, yet I was still able to sell the set for only 25 bucks under what I paid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SpikeMcclane posted:

Yes you did. To me.
That was more of a reply to the guy saying that you can sell any SOC for basically what you paid for it, and it still held true in this case! :v:

Were you able to fix the foot easily? Should've been a fairly simple pin job, right? Since it snapped off fairly cleanly.

Honestly if he hadn't taken that fall, I probably would've kept at least him, maybe sold aussenseiter and the box(because I feel making Aussenseiter transformable was a grave mistake since it makes him basically a brick due to the amount of transforming mechanisms in his torso).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EthanSteele posted:

You put Aussenseiter in horse mode and get the Kotobukiya model kit for robot Aussenseiter you dingus! It's such a great model kit and I am glad I listened to your recommendation on it.
Well duh, that's exactly what I did! However, I would have loved to have a SOC-level diecast Aussenseiter that didn't transform and was just as amazing a figure as Dygenguard.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

What I'm taking from all this is "Yes, buy it and that KO Prowl."

Did you mean Red Alert?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Why cookie Rocket posted:

(the only manga I have ever read)
You should fix that with this handy BSS thread!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That Grimlock makes me think of Dark Souls.

This isn't a bad thing.

Phy posted:

I hope, against expectation, that Nautica turns into a truck. Because she's not-a-car.

I hope she turns into a futuristic hang-glider

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So you smack it on something and it auto-transforms? I want to see it in action.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Got my "bootleg" Lambor and Alert, and they look pretty drat official to me, at least the boxes do, going to take them out shortly. Is there a comparison shot of the "real" box with these "bootleg" boxes?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Which seller did you go through? I've contemplated ordering some of the more cheaper offerings on eBay but I'm still holding out that Hasbro will release them stateside for $20-$30 each.

I bought them for 80 bucks total for the pair, with free shipping, from this dude who was linked earlier in the thread: http://www.ebay.com/usr/edayshop-on?_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

They're away for Chinese New Year until February 4th though, so there'll be a delay in shipment if you buy now. When I bought them they went out the very next morning though. They came wrapped in a layer of packing tape on top of black padding stuff, and that's it. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Trip report on third-shift Lambor: doesn't have the issues(mis-sized pins in the feet and such) that that in-depth look at it that was linked to had, but it has other issues. The launcher doesn't peg in snugly into the shoulders, but sits well enough when he's standing there, and I had to take a nail clipper to the little white peg that slots into the chest so that it fit into the slot. The knees are a LITTLE loose, but not horribly so. And the most baffling part, his head flaps open constantly. At the slightest provocation. Is there any reason for his head to open up? Should I just glue it shut, or will it prevent some ability from triggering? He looks absurd with his head "open" like that.

Other than that, everything is fantastic. The silver gun is well-painted unlike that review, the joints aside from the knees are tight and he transforms perfectly aside from that white peg, but now that fits fine too. I'd say it's a definitely good purchase, plus hey, it comes with those piledriver hands.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That is one angry chromed chestface.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eh, gently caress it, I'll go see it. It'll probably be bad, but Optimus Prime Rides A Robot Dinosaur.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Knormal posted:

God drat, Armada Starscream's missiles go farther than anything I've seen since G1. How did they get these things past modern safety standards? He also has a flap that seems to have no purpose but to cover his face from looking out the bottom of his jet mode, which I hope is the start of a trend. With him I'm all caught up on the new deluxes, now bring on Swerve and Cosmos.

Would have made mode sense as Soundwave. Of course that would come at the cost of the pun, which is pretty good.

Blast(processing)wave.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, I am blown away by a lot of these Generations figures.

And wow, I really, really was not expecting the fan-made fembot(that's what she is, right?) to be anything approaching good, but not only does she look good in robot mode, but the jet mode looks to incorporate her legs and such in a way I don't think many jetformers have before, which is interesting! Some flaws, such as her being like 80% legs and the robot high heels, but eh.

Roadbuster, Rattrap, Jetfire, and Sky-Bite all look incredible, really blew me away.

And let's see if I can't offload my old TRU Grimlock(who I still have the box for for some reason) and use that money to buy a new Grimlock plus have a bit left over.

edit: wow, I am really digging the combination of dinosaur and medieval knight aesthetic the movie Dinobots are rolling with. I really didn't expect to like Slug's look when I heard he was red and purple, but he looks rad, same goes for the raptors and Grimlock.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 16, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I must have it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Was looking at my favorite users list on Pixiv for some content for the "cool fanart" thread in PYF, and found that one of my favorites has taken a rather big liking to More Than Meets The Eye. It didn't even cross my mind that MTMTE might also be put out in Japan, too, anyone who knows where to check, can you tell me if it's popular there?

This dude is the one I was talking about : http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=55792

He's made some great stuff, including a very :3: Cyclonus/Tailgate picture and a rockin' DJD picture.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy gently caress. I bought Rhinox and I had heard rumors that his knees were flopping, but mine has floppy hip joints too. It's literally impossible to make him stand up. Is this fixable, or should I just return it to HTS?

The figure is awesome and all that, but I can't roll with a crippled Transformer.

...unless I made a wheelchair for him.

Hmmmm.

edit: Oh, I also grabbed Whirl and the Minicon team, though the minicons haven't shown up yet, and Whirl rules. His modular weaponry is great, his chicken legs are a little awkward sometimes but they are as sturdy as all get-out, and you can even reverse them into normal legs if you want to! His foot transformation means he's got gently caress-all for ankle articulation, which is heresy, but I'll deal. The arms are about as articulated as can be, and the head has a nice antenna gimmick, It's an excellent Whirl figure, go buy it. Feels way sturdier than Rhinox, that's for drat sure at least.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 1, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I have Rhinox and Whirl in my cart at HTS but I can't find anything else I want to get free shipping.

The minicon team is pretty loving awesome, just got them today and they are an impressive feat of engineering. Three different combined forms, as well as having their own robot modes AND alt modes packed in such tiny frames, and they don't suck? It's baffling. They look great, the helicopter and jet robot modes are really nice, the tank robot mode's a bit of a brick, and I haven't yet combined them into the other two non-prepackaged combined form, but they look pretty neat too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Oh nice, I missed them when browsing. I was trying to hold out for Waspinator to come back into stock but I don't want to miss Rhinox or Whirl.

I have to apologize, I mistook it for being multi-combinable like the Ammonites are, but it seems it only has the one combined form. I managed to make a different combined form but it fell apart if you looked at it funny, it had the tank legs on top of the jet, and the helicopter plugged into the little slot on the back of the jet via the tailfin(barely works), it looks pretty neat too but doesn't hold together of course.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EthanSteele posted:

So MP21 Bumblebee is going to come with Spike in his Exosuit which also transforms.

Jesus loving christ. This just went from "I want it" to "I must have it".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ka0 posted:

I hate bumblebee so much, not even that fantastic mold and Spike in his exosuit will sway my opinion.
Everyone knows Saturnians have the worst opinions anyways.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Has anyone ordered from these guys before? Are they legit? The description for Bumblebee doesn't scream "professionalism" to me in particular.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't know if you know this, but Ebay(and their moustache twirling subsidiary Paypal) is shady as gently caress as a whole and has been for a real long time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I liked the Dreamwave Cybertron tank design he had when DW was still around. Maybe make it less puffy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Didn't they say the inspiration for Hound's head was this dude?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Amiami is really awesome, yeah. One of the most reputable sites, I'd say. I've ordered from them over a dozen times in the past and every time the items came well-packaged and in perfect shape.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Can we have a separate Transformers thread for the comics? Some of us collect the toys and enjoy the fiction/shows and try to keep up on the comics when we can, but can't always buy them individually. And then every so often someone like this dude comes in and posts unmarked spoilers for them. I've spent over a hundred-something dollars on the recent TF series but recently I've had to allocate that cash towards other stuff and have been waiting for the collections to come out instead.

I just feel that the comics are a big enough thing now that they warrant their own thread, while every other aspect of the fandom is still a hefty enough subject that it can be its own thread too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know it's the comics subforum, dude. There's also an action figures megathread here too, so it seems like it can be more than just comics all the time, really dorky stuff can fit too.