Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Whirl, Rodimus, Ultra Magnus they're all fine but to me the real star of MTMTE has been Ratchet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Has there been any pictures of the Takara Blitzwing and Springer yet?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

The Goon posted:

I know I've been awful with picture requests, but here's a photo I took of then when I checked out the Tokyo Toy show

To be honest, I didn't see much difference between the Takara and Hasbro Springers, and I actually like the Hasbro Blitzwing's yellow helmet better I think.

Looks like it's just a lighter grey and green feet for Springer. That's too bad, Takara has been killing it with their FoC paint decos.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Mines got the same problems. It just seems like his alt modes don't peg together all that great.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

How Raph is it though?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Jay Lenoscream has some tiny arms.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

So who is it?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

It's probably Black Zarack or maybe Blue Bacchus perhaps even Liokaiser or Generations Blitzwing with giant hole. Any of those.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

What no silhouettes or out of focus shots? It's like these guys don't even know how to 3rd party.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Lepecard posted:

So, I know i'm extremely late to the party but I just finally got to read The Last Stand of the Wreckers. I really enjoyed it!

Before this I think the last Transformers comics i've read were Dreamwave's Transformers/Gijoe and Micromasters. I didn't really care for those unfortunately.

Now i'm about to dive in to IDW's MTMTE so soon i'll be able to know what people are talking about!

This is almost the exact same way I got back into Transformers comics and I'd really recommend starting with the death of Optimus Prime one shot and reading Robots in Disguise as well. It's not as hyped as MTMTE but it's still pretty good.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Optimist Prime posted:

Speaking of: what are the odds of these two being in the Generations lineup next year? The last left-field addition to the RID roster was Waspinator, and, well...

James Roberts seems pretty convinced Rattrap is getting a toy in this interview.

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content/fmhsquared-special-episode-1-interview-james-roberts-7442/

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Hasbro version comes with Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Rumble and Frenzy.

Takara just comes with Laserbeak and the other four are sold in two-packs.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Keldroc posted:

What do you think they're going to put in the two-packs that come out alongside Soundblaster & Ratbat?

Howlback & Garboil, Enemy & Wingthing repaints for everybody!

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

Up until now, I though Monstructor was made up for IDW. Then again, the Autobot Pretenders were what made me give up toys as a kid.

Seriously, who the gently caress did they think they were fooling? You are giant human beings! Those do not exist!

Poor Big Show.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

I don't think FP Menasor looks that great and I'd be happy if another company took a crack at him, and I think the price on Motormaster is a little steep.

The reactions on TFW are pretty embarrassing though.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Keldroc posted:

I'd say he looks about as good as Menasor is going to look. As for the price, all five together are $360, which is only $5 more than Maketoys Giant, a comparably sized combiner with comparable engineering. Seems about right to me.

I think you're giving 3rd parties too little credit. I'm sure one of them could put together a Menasor that looks substantially different and satisfies the people like myself that aren't into FP's aesthetic.

As for the price, well fair enough.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Toyworld's Brainstorm looks like he's made out of dough.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?prodFindSrc=cart&productId=20083786

Masterpiece Soundwave is up for sale on TRU.ca for any Canadian goons who still don't have one.

I'm tempted but I've gotta stay strong in my resolve to only buy Autobot masterpieces.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

It's Robots in Disguise Sideburn.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Can someone post the image that shows the IDW reading order starting at Death of Optimus Prime with the sidebar that shows other things worth reading like Spotlight: Wheelie and LSotW?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

catch22 posted:

New Designer for 2014 Masterpiece Series Transformers

The guy that's taking over is the same guy that did the first nine original MPs. Not sure how I feel about that...Prime was really good for its time, but outdated now, so hopefully this new guy has kept up with the times. He also designed Megatron and Rodimus, who are both very fiddly and fragile.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hironori_Kobayashi

I feel sort of bad for all the people that say they sold everything to go MP only because his track record isn't that great.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

catch22 posted:

Toyworld 03 Bumblebee

Will be interesting to see how this measures up against the upcoming Masterpiece BB.

I'm glad 3rd parties are starting to cover the real underrepresented characters now.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

What the loving christ, Optibotimus reviewed a toy with a loving puppet?

That dude is loving off. Everybody I know who has met him loving hates his guts, and just listening to his voice, you can tell the dude ain't right in the head. He almost speaks in like... baby talk. Like he's talking to a dog or something.

https://www.youtube.com/user/felzbug Pretty sure he's talking about this guy. I buy Optibotimus being an rear end in a top hat since the top comment on a lot of his videos is him being a huge bitch to someone.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

therealjon_ posted:

I broke a Cyclops so transforming one scares the hell out of me :(

I had one and I picked it up to put it in boat mode and the leg just fell off. MMC must have taken the criticism of Cyclops to heart because everything they've made since then has been really solid.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Are you calling Big Convoy/Nemesis Prime a non-transformer? :colbert:

Beast Wars Neo figures kibble was so absurd that it wrapped all the way around into being awesome.

Peter Bazooka fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 16, 2014

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Other posted:

They canceled them after only having pre-orders open for one day, at one store, where it was exclusive to but no one ever mentioned that, about 5 hours after someone found 'better than the promo pictures' pictures on the designers facebook. The TFW thread about them is real dumb atm(suprise!)

I'm reading that thread right now. Animated fans are scary.

Peter Bazooka fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 27, 2014

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Now that Hasbro is doing an Arcee, I think MMC is going to cancel theirs, too. That's a shame, the MMC Arcee looked good.

The guys from MMC that post on TFW said they know they're gonna take a hit in sales but they've got no plans to cancel.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Revolver looks OK in robot mode from some angles but then in others like this one it looks like he's wearing a big green diaper.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Payload from the first movie line.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

My Rhinox was also a floppy mess. Future solved that right quick. If you collect Transformers and don't have a bottle of this stuff you're doing yourself a disservice.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Oh wow, they really have been taking notes from the third party stuff.

"Oh hey guys, you made a Superion? Nice. Fetch me my tools..."

3rd party guys are probably salivating over all the new upgrade kits they can make.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Prowl being Devastator's head sucks. You have 6 green construction vehicles... and a white cop car. I wish they would find some other guy who is a construction vehicle and make him part of the team. Or have Prowl decide to live life as a backhoe or something.

They should just bring Scrapper back with no explanation and ignore the whole Spike killing him thing.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of combiners, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks very... not nice.

I think he looks like he stepped right out of the Cybertron line and would look nice in a display there. Not a great figure by todays standards though.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

The MSJ posted:

I found the ultimate Transformers :spergin:

This isn't Alucard77's post history with such gems as 3rd parties need to tell us what factories they're using and the evils of early bird pricing.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Sunstorm's tailfin?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Sockser posted:

I've finally succeeded in collecting every last one of this stupid rear end in a top hat:

With a Fireblast FoC showing up in the mail today and I guess I'm still hunting for a turquoise G2 but whatever. I got all of them. gently caress.

Now you've gotta get all the 3rd party Grimlocki.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Kurui Reiten posted:

Oh, I was just exaggerating a bit about money. I can easily pick him up without worrying about being unable to pay for bills, food, or other necessities, or even other forms of leisure. I have a nice bit saved away, too.

I'm just saying that I have the urge, and right now the only cure seems to be more combiners!

Feral Rex is fantastic and easily the best 3rd Party Predaking. If you do buy him I'd recommend doing it soon since only BBTS has the full team in stock and most other stores are sold out of everyone but Talon and Tigris. Aftermarket prices for them are also starting to crawl up.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

Knormal posted:

I don't have any Predakings, but it really bugs me how neither of the good ones can stand with their legs straight because of their monster calves (no pun intended), but at least TFC's is closer. I picture him stomping through the battlefield like Mr. Heavyfoot.

The Rex on the right has the legs mistransformed they're not as bad as shown there and if you really want a more streamlined look the animal legs on Bovis and Fortis can be popped off.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Well, it's pretty obviously at-least-partly a facade. He's deeply insecure and self-loathing and miserable, in large part due to his empurata.

He wants his hands back :smith:

That just makes him sound even more like Deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

DisposableHero posted:

Ok, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the TrashTalk and Cogs 2 pack. They do look pretty solid and seemed reasonable to me.

If you like those I highly recommend FansProject's Function X Line. The first 4 are sold out and if stores do have them they're being sold at a markup but they're fantastic toys with ingenious transformations. Currently Sigma L their not-Mindwipe is available at most places.