Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Invictus posted:

Welp, I accidentally ordered 9 Reveal the Shield Mindsets instead of the 3 I planned. At least he was cheap, and also a pretty loving amazing figure! If you haven't grabbed one yet, I highly suggest doing so, hell, why not grab a bunch of other really cheap TFs off Amazon while you're at it? Hoist is five bucks, Orion Pax is ten, Fall of Cybertron Blaster is ALSO ten, Predaking Reissue is 86, Trailcutter's 10, Sharkticon Megatron is 14.50, Beast Hunters Shockwave is 18, FOC Shockwave is 9 bucks, and Ratbat and Frenzy FOC pack is FOUR DOLLARS(!). There's some other great deals to be had I'm sure, and those are all Prime-eligible.

I will never not love a robot with multi-missile launchers that sit in/on the shoulders or above the head on a backpack mount.

I also ordered Prime Dead End and he's garishly glorious. He also looks pretty kickin' rad with his swords stuck on his shoulders instead of in his hands in bot mode.
For those that don't have him, Hoist is absolutely worth it for $5. I have both Hoist and Trailcutter, and while I like them both, I definitely prefer Hoist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

FINALLY. I thought I'd missed his annual Christmas video. :kiddo:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

funtax posted:

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ScPN5-XEc

No clue why the other link didn't work.
What the gently caress where is his hair. Where is his hair.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

poo poo, I could probably do TFCon Chicago, I could likely even use some "comp nights" and stay for free at the Four Seasons Chicago for the duration. :smug:

Also, is PE Aranea worth it for $100? I watched Peaugh's review and I dig the design and aesthetics of both modes, but the mega-floppy spider drone mode and all the partsforming gives me pause.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Trains are usually cool, is it at least a cool train ride?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gonna go ahead and ask this again:

Xenomrph posted:

Also, is PE Aranea worth it for $100? I watched Peaugh's review and I dig the design and aesthetics of both modes, but the mega-floppy spider drone mode and all the partsforming gives me pause.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

It's gonna be awesome when the first figure finally ships in 2016.
Yeah, and when it turns out that it's a 1:6 figure of Chip Chase.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have Cannonball, he's a fun toy. What was creepy about his tech-spec?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Taint Reaper posted:

Pleasure programs are videogames.
Yeah I was kind of wondering what part I was supposed to find creepy. I didn't even think of "pleasure programs" until you pointed it out.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BooDooBoo posted:

My Hasbro Swerve and Cosmos turned up! Goddam it if Swerve isn't 75% of the way to perfect!

Cosmos is 100%, no doubt about that goofy looking bastard!
Where did you order them from?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I kind of wish BBTS would get off their rear end and ship the Goldfire/Waspinator wave of deluxes. The reason I preordered the wave was because I was confident I wouldn't see the entire wave at retail, and just last night I saw Skids and Dreadwing at target and had to leave them on the pegs because I'm gambling that I won't see the other two somewhere else.

[/FirstWorldProblems]

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm always game for more Lockdown.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Fuckin' Sean Long drives me nuts, he posts over on the Marvel Toylines FB group and he never thinks to check and see if something has already been said, he just rushes in and posts his EXCITING NEW INFORMATION with all of his Sean Long internet cred. He's days late on information but does that stop him? Nooooope.
His voice is seriously the worst. I don't know how anyone can watch one of his videos and not immediately be compelled to put a gun in their own mouth.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is there a vtech Dino stegosaurus? And if so, is it cool? :ohdear:

Stegosaurus best saurus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

Never in 30 years of Transformers have they done this. This is huge and awesome.

I feel like the proper "finale" of Transformers wouldn't be Optimus destroying Megatron once and for all, but rather Optimus and Megatron realizing how stupid and destructive their war is, putting aside their differences and shaking hands.
Fun fact: the original ending for Dark of the Moon was literally this.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

gently caress me, I probably would have actually liked that movie had that happened instead of Optimus just loving slicing Megatron's head off in cold blood!
It's present in the novelization (and some version of the script you can find online, I think). Sentinel betrays Megatron, Optimus fights Sentinel, he's about to lose and Megatron gets a cheap-shot in and then they both double-team Sentinel and take him down, and then they look at each other and talk about how all the endless fighting is stupid and call a truce and shake hands.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got this really sweet email from BBTS regarding my Goldfire/Waspinator wave preorder:

quote:

Hi - We wanted to update you about the status of your preorder for Generation Deluxe Wave 01 figures. Hasbro unfortunately had a large shortage on this assortment and filled only 20% of our order, which is extremely unusual. We were recently notified that no more inventory was available and nothing further would be shipped to us. Using our large supply network we were able to track down a significant amount of inventory from another market (at $135 a case!) We are very pleased to be able to fill your preorders on this item, and we apologize for the delay. Hasbro typically does not have supply issues this severe on initial orders so we needed to give them some time to give us final word on if they would be able to ship more product to us or not. Cases, Sets, and Singles for Dreadwing, Goldfire, and Waspinator will fill in early February after our shipment arrives. Roughly 70% of the Skids preorders will fill in early February. If you ordered more than 2 pieces, your preorders for additional pieces over 2 have been moved to the end of the line so we can attempt to get 1 or 2 pieces to as many people as possible. We will attempt to find more Skids, but it is possible that we may not be able to. Preorders for Skids placed before 12/17 will fill, preorders between 12/17 and 12/25 will likely fill if we see typical cancellation rates, preorders 12/26 and later may not fill, but we will do our best. We will pull the Skids from any cancelled/unpaid case and set orders as well, so that should improve everyone's chances.

Thanks for buying from BBTS, and sorry again about the delay. Above all else we want to be your go-to source for Transformers and we'll do everything we can to fill your orders.

Thanks
Joel Boblit
President
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com

:sigh:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

FINALLY, someone is making a My First Blaster accessory, and it'll be sold separately from their not-Swerve.

:toot:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

I saw what appears to be Lockdown's face the other day and well, at least the decepticons don't have bugfaces anymore. In fact it was kinda slick.
Got any pics?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ka0 posted:

The freakin' geek beats kommissar popoff to the first AOE toy review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klJdBXBhmuU

I'll admit the size of Shampootimus Prime impresses me on vehicle mode.
While I'm personally not planning on buying it, I ultimately don't have a problem with this direction for "mainstream" Transformers toys. Hasbro flat-out addressed it in some statement that got posted on TFW recently: the movie line and other "main" lines are going to have simplified transformations so kids can have fun going pew pew with their transforming robots without having to recruit mom and dad to spend half an hour transforming each robot, and the "Generations" line is going to continue with more collector-oriented stuff.

I'm totally okay with this. They straight-up said that they're not dumbing down everything and that Generations isn't going anywhere, and if simplified movie bots means more sales/happier kids which means more kickass Generations stuff as basically "vanity" projects, I am all for it. It might even mean we'll get more complex versions of movie bots in the Generations line, since that's seeming to be the catch-all collector's line at this point.

As for AOE FE Optimus himself, I think he's alright for what he is. I won't be getting him, but he's more involved than I expected and he's pretty drat huge and the chrome looks great. If I were a kid and my parents bought that for me, I'd be pretty stoked. And unlike ROTF Leader Optimus, I'd be able to transform him without resorting to youtube videos or asking for help from mom and dad.
Don't get me wrong, I like ROTF Leader Optimus a lot and he's a marvel of engineering, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking he was in any way "kid friendly" in a line of children's toys. His transformation was ridiculous for *anyone*, no child was transforming him on their own unless they were some kind of autistic savant.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 4, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, I still don't buy this. Kids are smart, and unless parents were erroneously buying stuff like RotF Prime for five year olds, I am 100% certain that the target demo was entirely able to transform that toy. Probably better than we can, since a limited toy budget means you spend more time with each toy, unlike collectors who buy larger numbers and use them for display. A kid that has his or her hands on RotF Prime for hours a day would be able to master the transformation, just like we used to master the old TFs or 8- and 16-bit games back in the day.
Definitely going to disagree with that. Even knowing what I'm doing with ROTF Prime (which took a long-rear end time to learn), he's still a big time investment to transform. For a kid, that kind of disrupts the flow of play. "Optimus shoots at Starscream and then turns into a truck and drives away!" *literally 20 real-world minutes later* "Okay Optimus is a truck now".

A lot of the fun of the G1 bots was that their transformations were quick enough that it didn't disrupt the flow of imaginary action when I was a kid. That's one of the reasons I like some of the simpler bots we've gotten in recent years - Classics Bumblebee is pretty quick to transform, he's my #1 favorite Transformers toy of all time. Hubcap is #2, and I can transform him in like 10 seconds and I love it. I'm really digging the new Legends 2-packs with targetmasters for the same reason.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stopped by a local Target and they had Scoop and the Minicon team, so I picked up both. That's all I wanted out of that wave, anyway. $15 is a little hard to swallow, but I'll live with it. Or, I'll hang onto my receipt, keep an eye on Wal-Mart and stuff, and if I find it cheaper I'll just buy from one store and return them to Target with the receipt. :rodimus:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

100% agree. I played both for PC and liked them, but Fall knocked it out of the park.
Is there any talk of a sequel to FoC?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Seconding that. I am absolutely blown away that Swerve, Cosmos, and Tailgate, easily the three Transformers I was looking forward to most in 2014, won't be coming out at retail and I'll have to pay scalper prices or some bullshit.

C'mon, Hasbro, sell them on HTS. I want to give you my money, why won't you take my money.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

He just seems *too* close to his G1 toy for me to be really interested. I have the G1 toy, it's pretty cool but I'm not in a hurry to buy it again.

The only reason people care about Whirl is because of MTMTE, just seems kind of silly to not base his design on that. Or at least, you know, update his design in some meaningful way like they did with Rhinox, Blitzwing, Springer, Sandstorm, Waspinator, Scoop, Cosmos, Skids, Swerve, or really any of the other character updates we've gotten recently.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arsenal_12 posted:

Is it bad that I actually feel like spending money on this just to pose my MP Prowl behind it?
I kind of want to get one and put a miniature Monopoly set on it, it really seems like the most appropriate thing to put on a table that's about to get flipped.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stopped by Walmart, got Bumblebee and Crosshairs. I want Evasion Optimus but I'll wait for the blinged-out two-pack, especially since Grimlock looks a lot cooler in person.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wow these new small-print instructions with the AoE Generations toys are useless. They're just too drat hard to read, or maybe I'm just getting old or some poo poo; I just turned 30 on Sunday. :corsair:

Bumblebee is cooler than I thought he'd be - his transformation is surprisingly intuitive without being a total rehash of prior Bumblebees. He's a little spindly and hollow in bot mode, but his vehicle mode is classy as heck (if a little small, but that's pretty par for the course for modern Hasbro).

Crosshairs is neat, but I haven't figured out how to get his arm panels to line up right for vehicle mode yet. I'm doing something wrong, and the instructions are not helpful.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I figured out Crosshairs' vehicle mode after watching Optibotimus' video review (since he's one of the few people who shows the transformation in both directions) and there's a part of the elbow joint I wasn't angling properly. It's not documented in the instructions at all.

I also caved and went back to Walmart and picked up Scorn and Slug after watching Peaugh's reviews of them. I don't know that I'm going to get ALL of the dinobots, but I want the forthcoming voyager 2-pack Grimlock.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Definitely buying him on sight.

The Rage posted:

This looks goddamn awful. Why does he have teeth.
You crazy, bro. Hound looks great, and Transformers have had teeth since forever.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

This is pretty much my plan. The four Deluxe Dinobots and the Evasion Mode/Voyager Grimlock two-pack. If Voyager Slog is a real thing I'll get that, too, assuming it's not rear end.
Based on the stock photos I don't know how much I care about Strafe or the raptor, but some video reviews could sway me. I wasn't planning on getting any dinobots at all, and here I am with two of them now. :suicide:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Veg posted:

Yeah I cant barely make out a face in all that rust coloured spiky mess.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you're serious.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

Did someone say DINOSAURS?

So wait, are those off-screen Dinobots or something? That stegosaur is pretty kickass.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rei_ posted:

Guys seriously Evasion Optimus might be one of my favourite Transformers of the last long-rear end while.
I really think the chromed-out 2 pack version looks better (mouthplate, chrome, better color apps), is he THAT GOOD that I shouldn't wait for the later release?

Also based on that new trailer, I'm going to predict that Ratchet dies for sure.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

People on TFW reporting that Targets they've called are saying they're not putting the AOE stuff out until May 25th. So if you're looking to get AOE stuff tomorrow, TRU and Wal-Mart are probably better first strike options.
What's the over/under on TRU and Walmart having the wave 2 stuff tomorrow? I've got all of the wave 1 stuff I want, but I'd love to grab Drift and Hound (and maybe Galvatron) if they're out tomorrow.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cassa posted:

So what's so good about evasion Optimus? Looking at him in store and his truck mode is badass, but that face...
That's why I'm waiting on the two-pack version, it's got a mouthplate and fixes the colors on the arms and legs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I hit up two TRUs, two Walmarts, and a Kmart and came away empty handed, reminding me why I hate "the hunt".

Oh well, I was only looking for wave 2 stuff and it's real early in the game, do it's not a big deal.

I am looking forward to getting:
Deluxe Lockdown
Chromed-out Optimus/Grimlock 2 pack
Deluxe Drift
Voyager Hound

Based on some of the other mystery cars seen on set there's still likely a ton of movie toys yet to be announced, right? Like the rally car, the multicolored Chevy Traxs, Stinger, etc.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

I opened Swerve and Cosmos today and Swerve is just great. Simple, sure, but loads of character. I do wish he came with My First Blaster instead of Flanker, though.
I dropped the coin on the third-party My First Blaster, it was totally worth it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

I want to, but it says it's not designed for regular TF hands to hold.
I seem to recall seeing video reviews with as Swerve holding it so I dunno. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cassa posted:

That aerodynamic addition to classic prime always looks so silly
The dumbest part is that it's not even really "optional" either - the windvane covers his otherwise really obvious head.