Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Hey it's already out on the PSN. Go buy it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

really looking forward to videogame

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

ban all anime that isnt about muscle men hitting eachother.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

For some reason I can't get the perelease comic to open up in steam. Is there a fix or an alternative way to read it?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I got to chapter 21 and I'm guessing I'll be playing as this character for the rest of the game?

Jake the fat idiot is MVP so far.

Edit: also people get stuck in doorways and do a lil seizure dance at least once per level.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 10, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

RealSovietBear posted:

In the intro before the Subway stage, when you're in the author's house, check your answering machine. After that, finish the subway level normally and you'll go and meet the Biker.

Well that was depressing :smith:

Any other secrets been discovered?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Do you like hurting people's feelings?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Ledgy posted:

The game does, for sure :smith:

It took me 5-6 hours to beat the whole thing but I spent over 40 minutes on at least a couple of stages.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Rexicon1 posted:

The whole "there are no choices in video games! You are a slave!" Trope needs to loving die in a real bad way. Oh wow, life is meaningless and pointless. Deep loving thoughts there.

I got some "the only way to REALLY beat this game is to not play" vibes from the Richard hallucinations which fell in line with the progressively worse level design.

Mission 21 has a room with nothing but fat guys and if I didn't happen to have a gun on me it would have been impossible to clear as far as I could tell.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I beat the Pardo dock level on hard earlier after 53 minutes. I got stuck at the level with 3 rooms made of tiny windows and couldn't figure out how to get past the second room without alerting the fat guys until I fired a round while hiding in the first one. The opening of the one right after makes you react instantly but it's good practice for evading fire.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Hey what do you know; he's right.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

MONKET posted:

I wonder if his hair just naturally grows turquoise.

Even when he's done being a hoodlum he's still wearing that magenta puffy vest. I like how his bike has deteriorated too.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

By far the hardest part of the first game's final boss is avoiding the suicide shot.

Is there any hint at all as to who freaked the Biker out? It couldn't have been Jacket since he was in jail.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Grapplejack posted:

It was pretty obviously Richard.

Fuligin posted:

I figured it was a visitation from Richard.

Oh right Richard as in the creepy chicken hallucination.

I wonder why he went back to Miami then. It sure as hell wasn't for 200 bucks.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

You can see him outside the courthouse

Yeah but why? He has nothing to gain form putting his neck on the line.

poptart_fairy posted:

Don't know how I missed this the first time but I've realized Biker wants to stop doing the phonecall hits because he's bored, not angry or scared. The gently caress kind of lunatic poo poo keeps him interested? :catstare:

Riding his motorcycle.

On the topic of music my favorite is the dust remix by M|O|O|N Carpenter Brut. It spices up the original enough to make it work for an actual level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkLBXeuoow

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 23, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Beekeeping and You posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-X2oAzd9os here's a fullplay of the game with no commentary, i think

basically, jesus christ

This is going to blow wrong number out of the loving water.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Whereas all the graphical quirkiness of Hotline Miami seems to be a neat artistic choice, here it seems to be completely and utterly disorienting WAIT HOLY poo poo I LITERALLY HEARD SOMEONE SCREAM "ALALAALALAALALAALALALALA" AT ME

I love their THIS GAME ISNT RACIST WE SWEAR disclaimer.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

My only issues with Bloodbath Kavkaz are getting stuck on props and getting shot from offscreen foes which are the EXACT same issues I have with Hotline Miami so maybe it actually loving owns and is the true successor to the shooty rooster man genre.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Got something cool int he mail today

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Those are fuckin' tight

One mo' pic then

My only complaints are that it doesn't come with a left hand that can hold (I had to swap hands with another figure for this pose) and that the heads come off WAY too easily, even if they are supposed to be swapped. Also the Rasmus mask I got is noticeably under scale and doesn't look right when put on the figure.

The packaging, accessories, and figure itself are flawless so I can't wait to see what the Biker will look like.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I really liked Blood Dragon a lot(the gameplay especially) but the BATTLE READY DINO NARWHAL BACON EPIC MEALTIME :iamafag: dino wasn't nearly as fun or funny as it was supposed to be.

There's almost a line at one point that goes "if you think videogames make people violent your'e a loving idiot" and it's so preachy and out of nowhere that it's really lame. Like something Tim Buckley would have added.

I actually don't know any good 80's nostalgia movies/games besides HM1.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

You know it mightn't just been playing as a robot armed generic cool guy instead of some twat with a tribal tattoo that made me like it more. Also there isn't any fall damage like in the base game and I liked falling from the top of a 60 foot wall and landing into an execution.

Edit: I still can't get over them trying to pass that tattoo off as cool

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Pirate Jet posted:

They weren't.

Yeah you're right the whole game was sarcastic(and I am not)

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Yo they are making a biker figure and it's got a kickstarter up.
The standard model looks fantastic.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

i think he got it at the bad post store

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

the bad poster store called and its outta you!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Remember how in the first one there was that one segment with the long hallways that you'd get shot from so you were supposed to take a side route and go through the window? Well that's like 60% of the second game and why almost everyone says the level design sucks except for the "its not worse its just 'different'" crowd who might have brain damage or at least lack critical thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Broseph Brostar posted:

alternate playstyles

lol

• Locked thread