Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The Unicorn mask is also ridiculously good if you're just trying to beat a level instead of racking up points,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Clearly propaganda from the Russian Mafia made to slander Hotline Miami's good name.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Anatharon posted:

The Swans are brother and sister, controlled at the same time apparently. :psyboom:

Phone post so I cannot link it but the hlm twitter said so.
Here's a link.

Game looks rad.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Personally I usually can't stand difficult games, mainly because I hate repeating stuff over and over again. Hotline struck this right balance of death not being too punishing due to you only losing a minute or two of progress at most so I never got too discouraged and/or bored when I died. The boss fights sucked though, but they're getting cut out in 2 so it doesn't matter anymore.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm still disappointed that its not the actual title to the game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Anatharon posted:

I asked on Twitter once about if the various weird masks like Jones, Russel, Nigel or Oscar would come back but neither of the devs responded. :smith:

I do wonder how hard it'd be to import stuff from the first game into the second as level editor assets, if it'd be possible at all.
If I recall correctly they've stated they're getting rid of the gimmick masks and there are no different masks, just different characters and their playstyles, i.e. the dude with the Tiger mask is like Tony, the dude with the zebra mask can combat roll.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Cactus and Devolver straight up said they'd be fine with Australians just pirating the game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Serperoth posted:

I think it was Bker's, so you're about right.
It's not. The comic is treating the final boss fight as canon and that Jacket got arrested for it so that means Jacket killed Biker.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I thought it was the other way around, 50 Blessings sent Jacket after Biker because Biker was asking too many questions and Jacket was just a mad attack dog that didn't mind who he was working for as long as he got to kill people.

But yeah, they probably got really scared of Jacket afterwards fearing that they couldn't control him for much longer.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I preordered it when it went live yesterday.

I'm ready.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 26, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can preorder the game on Nuuvem for around ~$8.50. It's not region locked, though I think its the normal version and not the Special Edition.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
As I said before I don't think Jacket really cared at all who he was working for as long as he could keep hurting people.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 28, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, aside from Hotline being fun to play it really does a good job of avoiding glamorizing all of its all messed up cast.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Anatharon posted:

Not well enough to avoid having some fans, of course.
Well there will always be those people.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Nuuvem has it cheap too, $8.86. They also have the Digital Deluxe version if you want it.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2688-hotline-miami-2-wrong-number

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

memy posted:

Is there some sort of release schedule for the comics?
4th issue just came out today. I assume the last issue will be a few days before or on the day of the game's release.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I just noticed all the shots on the Steam page show the player using a gun. Not a single melee weapon shown. Pre-order cancelled.
Guns are cool, I always used them. :smuggo:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hobo with a Shotgun has evil versions of Daft Punk.

It's a good movie.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Its been a while so I forgot what button it was for sure, but you can look around the area so you have less chance of getting jumped. I think its Shift. The game rewards berserking it, like how the AI will miss more with guns if you're charging them. You can still take a stealthy guerrilla approach though, its what I always did.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 6, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm unironically excited for Postal 3, wish Games would stop making it a meme before it even comes out.
There's already a Postal 3 though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

cosmin posted:

If I order the game from gog.com can I activate it on Steam?
No, but if you buy it from Humble Store you'll get a DRM free version and a Steam key.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If I remember right they said 2's not going to have boss fights at all.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You can scout ahead to plan and play hit and run (That's what my playstyle was and worked well enough) but you can't take it that slow.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
This game really isn't fun. I loved 1 but they just made the combat such a frustrating slog in this game. The levels are way too big and melee blows because the AI is hyperaware of you if you're anywhere near them. Really disappointing.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ha, now I just lost my save file due to the recent update. My hype for this game has died pretty fast.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
This just made go back to play 1 again after more than a year and man its still great and a lot of fun. Really just reinforces my distaste towards 2.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Man I read stuff like this and it is bizarre to me that people are into the stories of these games
HM1 had good writing because it was minimalistic and vague like some fever dream and really fit the atmosphere and gameplay of 1. 2's is just really up its own rear end and its clear they were best off keeping it minimalistic.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

The weird thing is that it's actually getting really good reviews, this thread is the only place I've seen any real negativity

I finished it last night and was really just kinda disappointed overall. I'll play through on hard and hope it's maybe more fun a second time through. Like I replayed the first one probably 10+ times but I can't really see that happening here, it just felt like a slog
The release day hype is still in effect, I guarantee that in a couple of months people won't be looking back at this game very fondly, though it will still have its fans (Which honestly eludes me)

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Anatharon posted:

I don't know much about US geography but would nukes on Miami hit Hawaii?
Hawaii is thousands of miles away in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, so no.

• Locked thread