Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parachute
May 18, 2003

juliuspringle posted:

Can someone tell me the best mask to use for mission 11 (Deadline) in the first game? It's starting to piss me off and I'd like to be able to move on so I can get more story.

All Tony, all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003
In HM1, if you kill the employees after defeating Biker, does the game ever call you out on that?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Skyscraper posted:

Does anyone have clean art of the red symbol from HM1 that gets turned into a table in the Fans clubhouse in HM2? I'd grab it myself, but I don't have access to a computer that'll do it at the moment. I just realized it would make some awesome Halloween decoration.

Speaking of, is anyone doing anything HM-related for Halloween this year?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
drat, too bad they didn't include Carl's weapon (power drill) as a fun melee weapon.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I feel like an idiot for not jumpin on that sweet Jacket figure, but oh well, game on in 2 weeks! Maybe it's time for a replay of HLM.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I love that each character will have their own unique abilities because I rarely if ever changed which mask I was using in a level.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
In HLM, does the timer stop when you finish a floor/complete a stage?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

VisAbsoluta posted:

What does an ammo box look like in the soldier levels? I'm up to the Power Plant and haven't seen a single one so far (unless they only appear latter :shepface:).

You have to be completely out of ammo for them to appear, and they have a giant arrow pointing at them when they do.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Jizz Festival posted:

It really can't be stressed enough how much this game sucks and how pathetic it is that people are analyzing the idiotic story like it's a piece of literature or something worthwhile.

It really can't be stressed enough that nobody cares what you have to say, and how pathetic it is that you are posting for absolutely no reason.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Moltrey posted:

Confession time, I have never used Jake's final mask and have no idea what it is despite everyone talking about it. I'm playing on the Vita and there's a pretty bad bug where sometimes weapons just...don't unlock. It happened with Jake's last mask, Solider's sniper rifle, (yet not the flamethrower) and all of the Son's weapons. I beat the level, get the unlock scene, but when I replay the level, they're blacked out.

I just want to experience Jake's full goon-ness....

I was going to post the same thing, then I saw a few posts above that his final mask is nunchaku, the gooniest weapon for the gooniest character

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Everybody knows the ultimate alarm sound is the sound your dog makes right before they are about to barf. I promise nothing will get you up and moving faster than that.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

The cutscene triggered without me even opening the door so I didn't bother even trying to get to her.

Is the dialogue any different with the other Fans?

Nope, and you can't shoot her with Ash if you decide to replay it, either.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Put that on my tombstone; the one no one will read when the nukes go off.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

Waggling a door is an old P.I. trick.

:golfclap:

I can't wait for some bad Dexter-related levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

The idea that Jacket hallucinated Beard because they were old war buddies is admittedly very cool. I'm still not sure how people leaped to the conclusion that the blonde kid you rescue was jacket, as that's some mighty subtle connection-linking. Was I supposed to have a moment where I go "Aha! That's the guy from Hotline Miami 1!"?

I'm also eager to go back to Hotline Miami 1 after finishing this up, largely to see if the "bait the enemy" AI works just as well in that game as it does in this one.

When Beard was shown in SF right before the nuke goes off he was talking to someone on the phone about wanting a photograph (the only photograph mentioned in the game, which was also taken in an earlier mission by Evan the journalist). That person, after Beard dies, goes on a crazy rampage culminating in them setting said picture on fire.

• Locked thread