Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
That poor Roomba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

She's gotten some weird influences from the company she keeps alright

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Seems unlikely, given what we know of her past. I suppose there hadn't been any young boys for her to go nuts over on screen before though.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Wark Say posted:

So, she's a self obsessed oval office whose coping mechanism is to basically deny that poo poo happens for a reason and, in most cases, she only has herself to blame? And an aberration basically causes her to become deified?

Perfectly understandable behavior for a teenager!

Probably the same thing as Hanekawa in the end. They became sufficiently unbalanced to create the potential for an aberration to form. Shinobu being in town provided sufficient ambient dark energies to turn that potential into something more.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Redcrimson posted:

Bakemonogatari. What the gently caress are you doing, holy poo poo :catstare:

It's hard not to take this whole season as a big sweeping gently caress you to moe harem nonsense when the most moe character of all deludes herself into becoming a murderous snake god because she doesn't "win".

"I bet he'd keep getting girlfriends and lovers as long as he's alive" Oh man, that line. When the talking snake you made up in your head thinks your nuts, that's pretty nuts. Yandere Nadeko is way more interesting than regular Nadeko, I hope she sticks around.

I thought that was because deep down, she knows she's batshit insane, and the snake's voice is just her other side. When she was openly 'good girl Nadeko', the snake was an outlet for 'bad girl Nadeko', once she flipped right around and became openly Yandere, the snake reversed it's role to speak for her opinion of the whole matter.

Basically a Black Hanekawa scenario except she ate a god.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Given how much Japanese wordplay we see here I think it's just lost in translation.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

gobbledygoat posted:

I loved the show's writing and direction but it's just... gently caress man she's like 13.

I think I'll keep going till I get too skeeved out to continue.

If you survive the toothbrushing you can take anything else that comes.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Yeah the bath was basically nonsexual unless you were looking for it. It's kind of like opposites, toothbrushing with fully clothed characters being more disturbingly sexual than a bath scene that had a conversation more along the lines of a chat at a dining table.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Autonomous Monster posted:

Though I'll grant you, all of this had to be pointed out to me. The first time round, all I cared about was that Shinobu was finally talking. :swoon:
I think that was largely in common. A lot of "Holy poo poo, she talks!" followed by "Man she talks a lot"

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Well, I think a lot of it is probably filtered through the lens of Araragi there being a great big pervert. Though with how he interacts with them, I think the most interesting one to me is Mayoi. Outside of the sexual harassment, she's kind of the only person he just talks to casually and have fun with, a kid brother figure(complete with friendly scuffles, weird inside jokes and talking about girls).

You just don't see him relaxed and shooting the breeze with the others, there's always some tension where either he's trying to keep being a pervert under wraps or else fending off aggression along the same lines. Though once Shinobu got chatty it helps a bit.

veekie fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 25, 2013

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Clarste posted:

I don't think the rapport between Kanbaru and Araragi is sexually charged at all. I mean, they constantly talk to each other about sex, and basically nothing else, but there's really no implication that either of them might be interested in actually doing anything. If anything, they can talk about sex precisely because they're comfortable around each other. Or rather, they're constantly trying to one up each other in making the other uncomfortable, which never works so it just escalates. Honestly it reminds me of male friends joking around with each other, which I'm sure is the point (remember that Kanbaru identifies as a lesbian...)
There was that time Kanbaru made him do a Hachikuji...

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm starting to suspect that Araragi maaaay have a very slight deviancy problem, but maybe it's just me! :v:

Nothing slight about it. Whether intentional or unintentional, his actions are filled with deviance.

Though it's funny that everyone seemed to be antagonizing Shinobu.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

PrivRyan posted:

He just wants some elementary school lovin'.

Truly a loving embrace.

veekie fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 12, 2013

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Ougi's role is to bring stories to their proper ending. That's what oddities are after all, tales with power. The law of nature will only act against self deceiving oddities, but Ougi has no reason to stick to the same limits.

The little mermaid must turn to foam. The big bad wolf must be killed by the woodcutter. The wicked witch burned in her oven. A story deprived of it's end is hardly a story at all.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
I like the town hazards map he had. Potential risk of being beaten to a pulp by hot blooded middle schoolers. Heh.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Raenir Salazar posted:

There's also the whole meta logic of Kaiki entirely describing his plan, so now its doomed to fail.

Entirely describing his plan and the dire consequences for failure. It's going to crash and burn spectacularly.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
That would be a bloody hilarious end to it.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Using the Snake of Infinity for Cat's Cradle is perfectly normal!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Might be fully capable of lying to himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Just caught up to the end. That sure was a lot of deception going on, inwards, outwards, incidental.

• Locked thread