Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Most realistic depiction of a roomba I've ever seen in any form of media.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm enjoying the (not-so) subtle reveal that Senjougahara is just as much of a creeper as Araragi.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The simplest is often the best.

Mamaragi.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
That world travel montage was some movie-quality poo poo, goddamn :stare:

I also fully expect Araragi's newfound confidence to be beaten out of him by Senjougahara four minutes into ep.6.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 4, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Shinobu really is the best character. And it was nice to have Araragi back in the narrator's seat.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 17, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The ED is among the best *gatari's had so far, though. I admit, however, I'm a huge sucker for violins paired with rock.

Also: Shinobu's the best, part 2

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 26, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

veekie posted:

She's gotten some weird influences from the company she keeps alright

I kind of hope that Kizumonogatari reveals that she was already like that, and what's why she ends up getting paired with Araragi.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
What an incredible episode. For something as brutally depressing as the end of the goddamn world, Araragi and Shinobu going to CostcoCostoo and playing with fireworks was beyond adorable.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

OWLS! posted:

Wait this wasn't obvious back in Nise? Because I'm fairly sure that Senjougahara went bdsm on him and all that at the beginning.

She tied him to a chair in the abandoned school to protect him and make some unnecessary Evangelion references. But at that point she still hadn't confronted Kaiki and wasn't as expressive as she is now.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
First half of the new episode (11) was so loving dull. I don't find Sengoku an engaging character at all.

Then Shinobu uppercuts Araragi and the episode's redeemed.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The first half of this episode is great, but the second half is PURE GOLD

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

i300 posted:

Oh yeah, Ougi. Ougi is really interesting and crazy. She's starting poo poo, and I don't like it. I feel like her job isn't done yet, and theres no way that a timeskip is going to happen (it said "No timeskip. Sorry"). In the "preview," Shinobu looked pretty grown up. I'd imagine that they're really going to wait half a year and she'll age for some reason.

The more Shinobu drinks Araragi's blood, the closer she gets to her former appearance. She had the same appearance in Nise when she and Araragi went up against Kagenui and Ononoki.

Seeing Sengoku's delusions reach some serious grandeur was entertaining, but Senjougahara laying down the business was the highlight of this episode for me.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 13, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Stop struggling! It makes it hard to take off your underpants!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Once again, it's nice to have Araragi back in the narrator's chair, especially considering that no one gets hosed with quite so sublimely as Araragi.

I can't loving wait for the rest of this arc.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Leading up to the next episode's airing this weekend, I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite OP across all of the *monogatari seasons is. Yes, this is in fact a very thinly-veiled attempt at getting people to listen to a lot of music.

Bake through Neko are the full versions of the songs hosted on my dropbox because I couldn't find consistent quality on youtube.

In order of airing, there's:

Bakemonogatari:
Stable Staple (Senjougahara)
Kaerimichi (Hachikuji)
Ambivalent World (Kanbaru)
Renai Circulation (Sengoku)
Super Sweet Nightmare (Tsubasa)

Nisemonogatari:
Futakotome (Senjougahara)
Marshmallow Justice (Karen)
Platinum Disco (Tsukihi)

Nekomonogatari (Black):
Perfect Slumbers (Tsubasa)

These're ripped from the episodes themselves, so they're not the full versions nor are they CD-quality. They're also quieter than the others because I'm an idiot and I forgot to do any volume balancing on them.

Monogatari Season 2:
Chocolate Insomnia (Tsubasa)
Happy Bite (Hachikuji)
MosoDelusion Express (Sengoku)

--

Personally, my favorite is Marshmallow Justice, but this season has some strong as hell contenders. I wasn't a big fan of Sengoku's first OP, but MosoDelusion Express is chill as gently caress.

Comedy option (but really, the only one):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-3pHsAIUy4

edit: gently caress this took a long time to put together what as my life become :smith:

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 1, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This episode is beautiful goddrat :stare: I'll bet SHAFT had a lot of fun being able to go nuts on detail.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I can't wait for the blu-ray to come out because there are so any parts of this mural that would make amazing backgrounds.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Absolutely, but Shinobu: still the best (part infinity)

Don't vorry.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 10, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
All he wants to do is mack on some chicks, can you blame a brother?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Man, that episode was such a gutpunch. :smith:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Every single variation of Kaiki's theme is literally the best music ever produced.

I also don't think I've ever been more disappointed in my life over the fact that we didn't get to see ANY of the dinner with the Araragis and Senjougaharas.

At first I was worried spending so much time away from Araragi as the narrator, but Hanekawa's stint was great, and Kaiki's is even better. It's interesting to see these character interactions through the interpretation of a man who's relatively impartial.

Cute, childish, and creepy.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
There's also [regarding Senjougahara/Araragi]Kaiki's plan to make Araragi choose one or the other has already failed once before, in the beginning of Nise. Senjougahara had Araragi chained up in the abandoned school, and the moment he heard that his sister was in trouble, he broke the chains and said (paraphrasing) "I don't care who you are, someone I care about needs my help and you're standing in my way." Now, I know Nadeko doesn't have anywhere near the familial bond that Karen and Araragi have, but as Senjougahara puts it, she fell in love with him chiefly because of how much he cares for the people around him. I think Kaiki is sorely underestimating Araragi's strength of character; Senjougahara is far more likely to relent than Araragi because her position isn't anywhere near as strong as his.

Also that OP is the best that's ever been created in the history of OPs.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Every time the up-tempo version of Kaiki's theme plays, my foot starts tapping. I can't help it.

Seeing tigerstripe Hanekawa was nice, though.

I swear to Cat.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I like his apparent accepting of how off-putting he looks by drawing himself that way.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

AlternateNu posted:

It is more than off-putting. He draws himself derpy with his eyes going in different directions.

Well, I didn't want to insult the guy...

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

HoneyBoy posted:

I'm not sure if I've seen them in any other scenes.

The old previews used the same drawing style.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Yeeeeeeeeesssss it's up on youtube :banjo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cJ9733hjV8

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The more agency Ononoki accrues, the better character she becomes. Her "new introduction" is always hilarious, and I found it really heartwarming when she mentioned she was going to Araragi's house just to hang out.

Yay!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Man, there's all this stuff this season that happened at Araragi's house that I wanted to see. Hachikuji hangin' out, Ononoki hangin' out, that goddamn Senjougahara/Araragi family dinner holy poo poo Nisio needs to devote an entire LN to that event (so then it can be animated). I'll bet the conversations between Hitagi and Karen/Tsukihi would make Koyomi explode from embarrassment.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
There's no loving way Kaiki's dead. He's lying to us so we never look to him to narrate ever again :v:

This season had some loving insanely good stories, but goddamn is Hitagi End a step even above them.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 29, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

PrinnySquadron posted:

Tsubasa Cat kinda felt like it just...ended, I dunno. It was interesting but still felt a bit anti-climatic.

I'm surprised how much shorter Tsukihi Phoenix is compared to Karen Bee, though I guess Bee covered what other characters were up to as well.

EDIT: That toothbrush scene was weird as hell.

Tsubasa Cat, I think, is intended to feel that way, because it isn't actually the conclusion to that story. It comes up again in Season Two.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I knew it :toot: Kaiki's greatest lie was making the audience think he was dead.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

AnacondaHL posted:

My past life as a basketball nerd haunts me, as I couldn't stop paying attention to the inconsistency in court dimensions. They used the old FIBA style court dimensions in the first episode, the NCAA court in the flashback (edit: which I guess makes sense for middle school), and the new FIBA/NBA dimensions in later episodes. :arghfist:

If they hit all three regulations, I'll bet it was one hundred percent intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Coughing Hobo posted:

I knew it :toot: Kaiki's greatest lie was making the audience think he was dead.

• Locked thread