Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but how do I establish a trade route with another civilization? Land based caravan that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel

Triskelli posted:

First, it looks like you need to build a caravan unit. It should be an option alongside warriors and such. Then you click on the caravan and a menu with destination cities shows up? I don't have my copy of the game yet. (Preordered a physical copy, waiting for it to be delivered. Last time I ever do that)

There is something else to it. I can send the unit to another city state but not to my French neighbors.

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel

Muscle Tracer posted:

You're right, I forgot that Civ is a D&D game, and is full of elemental sorcery.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/El_Dorado_(Civ5)

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Fountain_of_Youth_(Civ5)

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
I always feel like my units are really weak in combat, and I'm starting to think it is because I am not leveling them properly. Is there like a specific upgrade path I should follow to make my soldiers able to survive one on one fights against equal tech units?

Okimin fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 11, 2013

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel

Muscle Tracer posted:

Get cover/medic on your melee units so they can survive and soak up hits while your ranged units do the heavy lifting of focusing enemies down. Focus on getting either Barrage III or Accuracy III with each Ranged unit, as those skills unlock Range and Logistics, which turn ranged units from good to excellent. Also be prepared to retreat any unit that you think is going to die on your opponent's turn, as you can heal them up and have them back in the fight in 3 or 4 turns of fortifying with medics. It's less about winning 1-1 fights and more about making sure you're only taking 2-1 fights.

Thanks, I've always had a hard time grasping civ combat, especially in multiplayer.

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel

Nutmeg posted:

I think I'm a retard, and I haven't seen it asked yet. Once you make a trade route can you not cancel it? The food im spreading around my civ is over populating my poo poo.

Yeah like was said before you gotta wait 30 turns, but could you not click avoid growth in the citizen management tab of that city?

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
Is the Honor tree worth going down to the negelect of tradition or liberty? I'm doing it on my Assyria game, emperor difficulty. I'm planning on quick rushing Egypt and Ethiopia with siege towers but was wondering if I would just be better off with liberty.

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
Aight cool. I'm not too far into the honor tree, could I reasonably jump into liberty from turn 60 or should I restart?

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
Is there ever a reason to give in to the charity requests your friends ask of you? And will DOF buddies ever let you ask for charity and give in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
Where do you see these new patch notes?

• Locked thread