Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Like... a slot in the nut and a cotter pin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

No, when you own your own place you take care of it and rarely experience surprises like that, unlike every shithead landlord in existence.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Stupid name, good durable laces:

https://armorlaces.com/shop/

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I like when people ask me if I rode in every single day from April to October. Yes I did. Also that’s a helmet sitting on my desk.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I have a matching motorcycle and piano tyvm

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

A person on a bicycle swung at you and missed. You're presumably wearing a nice big ole helmet, and were just about to park and go do something else, as you said. Instead of just going "wow what a jerk" and going about your day, you decided to leave your parking spot, and go chase a bicyclist down to tell him how much of a jerk he is.

You might have anger issues.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

FBS posted:

what does this dork do for a living? $100k in a year jesus christ

LodeRunner posted:

This guy has spent, I'm roughly guessing, close to $150k he received as an inheritance on modern electric motorcycles. He's crashed 2 of them and was recently begging for people to cover his 'racing school fees' for this weekend.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Now imagine a person who looks across a great body of water at an HD edition ford truck worth about (I'm guessing) $5,000USD and thinks 'I need that in my life' and goes to the trouble of importing and certifying the thing, with the final cost in the region of $30-40,000NZD, so they can drive around in a lovely ford pickup that is utterly useless for everything because all the streets and carparks are too small for it. In a place where petrol costs $2.20/liter. They are the worst people on earth.

If it’s one of the newer ones they aren’t a Ford factory thing, and you’re looking at $85k USD to get one from whatever coachbuilder puts them together.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I’ve done 100 mph on my SV and 120 on the FZ6 and that was fast enough for me. My first bike was a Suzuki Savage/S40 and I got it to around 95 once which felt close to it’s limit but :shrug:. It had a muffler off a Dyna and doubt the carb was set up properly for it.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

KidDynamite posted:

gently caress elon and his stupid loving cars.

This.

Teslas are the only vehicles I give a second thought to when riding around them, always wondering if today’s the day autopilot decides motorcycles aren’t objects.

I’d rather ride around a drunk or someone texting.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I’d ride a canam with snow tires in the winter. Like a road legal snowmobile.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

That doesn’t sound nearly as fun though

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Remy Marathe posted:

All motorcycle seats should have a key /quick release mechanism, god drat do I hate digging out a wrench to take out two bolts every single time I want to take the seat off the vanvan. What if I wanted to put my weed in there or something?

Gen 1 SV650 key only gets you under the pillion. You need an allen key, a socket, and a pick to punch out two plastic trim tabs to get under the rider seat, where the battery is of course. It's stupid. :suzuki:

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

RightClickSaveAs posted:

The Ninja 400 has a little pull cable release under the pillion that lets you remove the main seat, it's nice. Unlock the pillion with the key, pull the cable and lift the main seat off.

Yeah this is such a sensible arrangement and it makes me mad that every bike with separate rider/pillion seats doesn’t do it this way.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Are there bikes with under tail exhausts that don’t have the battery under the tank?

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Hello I would like to cover the rear cylinder of my air cooled bike with a nice thick piece of leather because I need to ride in shorts and it gets quite hot.

https://cool-thighs.com

:stonk:

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

:hmmyes:

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Except for those fuckers on eBay who list the item location as the USA and then it ships from Indonesia.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Fluffs McCloud posted:

However, I would overall say it's far and away better than the D.C. metro I grew up in where driving any type of vehicle is basically taking your life in your hands and participating in a damned bloodsport. People back there are seemingly actively hostile to your continued living on this plane of existence, and they all drive like they have a desperate need for vehicular manslaughter.

The DC beltway is the only place I’ve seen bumper to bumper traffic in all lanes moving at 80+ miles an hour. It’s a sight to behold and can be fun for a few minutes but I’m glad I don’t have to do it any more.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

I've had to do it twice now. Not a Harley dealership either time

You never have to do it. You can politely decline, like most things in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I’d rather be riding a motorcycle around in bad weather buying parts for a broken car than diving a car around on a beautiful day buying parts for a broken motorcycle.