Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Sirithil posted:

Also, Redstone in Motion by jakj is your new go-to for frameships.

I installed this on a vanilla tekkit install and holy poo poo. This is the most amazing mod ever. It is much, much easier to use than Red Power frames and at least as powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Garfu posted:

I hate to be a bother so this is the last time I'll ask. A few of us here have a modified toast server set up. We have a platform link so it's easy to download, and we're looking for some more people to come hang out on it. Let me know if you're interested. PvP is enabled but it's a non PvP server. Just building and having fun. Dynmap and Teamspeak are also up.

I'm interested. What other mods are in it?

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Carados posted:

SkyDen question: Am I missing something that lets me breathe water from Vanilla or something? I can't figure out a solution for the Trial of Water, and I can't find anything in NEI. My valent attempts to tank it with regen potions also failed.

When I need to breath underwater I walk up next to a wall and place a torch on the block my head occupies. I don't know if this will help for whatever the Trial of Water is.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Alkydere posted:

... MFR's bioreactor which will devour materials for minimal gains if you're not careful.

Try using melons. They have an absurd seed yield over other plants. The biofuel output from 20 or so melon plants is more than enough power to handle a basic AE network, quarry and auto ore processing.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

That squid thing is amazing. That has to be how I power my space station now :)

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

The best way to charge a powersuit is to put it on a Bibliocraft armor stand and put a universal charger under it.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Power suits cool based on biome so heat issues in the nether or desert might not be an issue in a rainstorm or snowy biome. My suits that only overheat when using a railgun still overheat when casually flying in the nether.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Not messing with multiple networks, or dark cable. It's one big network. It will just cut out mid-crafting. It did it just now in the middle of crafting a stack of microblock covers.

It's mostly an annoyance, but it's one I'd like to at least understand.

I had an unconfigured storage bus hooked up to bee chest that caused that. Might be something similar for you.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

Dunno-Lars posted:

Yeah, I know. I just haven't bothered, since it's mostly been a private pack with just a couple of people. But, updated the description now.
And uploaded server (once dropbox finishes). But enough advertising about modpacks.

When do you guys think that 1.7+ modding will happen? And will they ever reach Minecraft 2.0, or go back to 1.0 again?

I think we're waiting on MCP to be updated before 1.7 mods exist. As for version numbers... they don't work that way. 1.10 is what comes after 1.9.

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

This should work right? I have no idea what I'm doing.

e: no more table breaking

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Like the other guy said, the path is one-way and can't split. Other things of note for this particular theory: you have the symbols right next to eachother, they don't need to be. The beam can cross 1 empty space. You definitely have enough symbols. Just have the beam go one way then loop around to get to the other dot. Like a sortof J shape. You will probably have to put some inactive symbols in the way to make sure the beam doesn't cut any corners.

Didn't realize the beam wouldn't go both ways from the start. Thanks for your help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerpow
Jan 13, 2006

McFrugal posted:

I could see this causing a massive amount of lag on the sacred rubber trees once the wood is all gone. Think of all those leaves, decaying at once, dropping thousands of saplings.

Given the size of the tree, I'd assume it has a custom leaf decay since most of those leaves would be outside the normal range of wood.

• Locked thread