Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Hows the 361 drive the 24" bar? Ive got a 25" Bar on a 660 and its just about perfect

Im impressed you managed to blow off the leaves with the BR600 without blowing a hole in the wet concrete, considering those suckers will lift bitumen on a hot day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Raluek posted:

Don't all 1UZs come in front of an automatic?

The 1UZ did, but the 2UZ out of the 100 series landcruiser could be had with a manual transmission behind it....

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Looks like they're reusing coolant so i'd assume so. Ive done it before when ive had to dump 13L of almost brand new coolant out of the cruiser to fix something and didnt want to shell out $100 odd for more coolant.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Astonishing Wang posted:

Those tires are really something

Interco TSL Thornbirds. For when you prefer your hyper expensive off-road tyre to be more show than go...

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=16&g=1

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

I ended up doing three major engine projects back to back on my little fleet- full bare block rebuild on my landcruiser engine, where everything is heavy, and expensive, then as soon as that got back on the road, the better halfs Tiida decided that its engine didnt really want a head gasket any more, which involved a full motor replacement, then two weeks after that my mates 80 series turbo diesel started to push coolant out of the rad and was bubbling in the overflow, so we pulled the head to replace the head gasket and found two cracked pistons, so THAT turned into a major rebuild project that took about 5 weeks too.

It absolutely killed any enthusiasm I had for working on cars for a solid year, I'd do bare essential maintenance but thats it. Ive had a transfer case sitting on my workshop bench for nearly a year to swap into the landcruiser- its only a few hours job, but its easier to just pour more oil into the current one that leaks than swap it out.

That was 24 months ago and im only just getting back to the stage where Im enjoying working on cars again. Theres nothing wrong with taking some time out to do stuff for yourself!