Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

gently caress yeah I was looking for a reason to get back to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

unattended spaghetti posted:

Speaking of Rogue Legacy 2, to what degree does the meta progression and build making trivialize the game? I love it, and it controls really well, but I'm also so completely rear end at it and I've been into fighting games mostly lately so I dunno if I should give it a pass until I have time to get good at it or if I can bulldozer it with numbers.

I'd say that it feels less steamroll-over-time than 1 does, but still provides a significant base boost, but it also felt like I leveled base stats less frequently because of all the other goldsinks. IMO if youre prepared for the long haul you'll definitely get through it.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

There's been a Tiny Rogues thread for a while, in case people missed it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050084

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Speaking of selling, lately it feels like 80% of the stuff I sell is worth 1 gold, regardless of alignment and rarity, what's up with that? I feel like I should know, being on paragon 30 and cinder 16, but it feels... buggy? I dunno.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Jedit posted:

Is there not a mastery that affects selling prices?

Aaaaaaaaa you're right, I forgot I had taken Inflation at all, and even if I had remembered, I made the mistake of taking that instead of Deflation.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Yeah I mean if anyone reading this thread hasn't checked out slice & dice yet you need to fix that immediately. plays as well on phones as on PC, costs basically nothing, and what starts as deceptively straightforward gets incredibly deep ver quickly. also not a gram of fat on that game, as lean as you can get.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Sloppy posted:

Anyone tried this Doomsday Hunters game?

I liked it,but not enough to finish it. Love the visuals, was a bit put off by the isometric view often getting in the way of precision. Feels kinda overloaded while still being a bit underbaked. I could see someone really loving it though.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

For anyone on the fence about slice and dice, just get it. I took a moment to warm up to it, and then it quickly became one of my favorite games, period. Getting better at it and learning to abuse the undo is incredibly satisfying, and apart from the actual dice rolls you can tune every turn to absolute perfection (think Into the Breach).

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

No Wave posted:

Is undo abusable?

Weird wording on my part - I just meant that the (unlimited per turn, except the actual rolls) undo gives you the opportunity to minmax like crazy and has given me some of my favorite moments of grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat. It's a game where sequencing is incredibly important.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

This thread is starting to feel procgen, with a bad seed.:mmmhmm:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Tann posted:

Big update and iOS/Steam release for my dice game! It's approximately as roguelike as "Slay the Spire".

https://tann.fun/games/dice/
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982295

Everyone in this thread buy this ASAP

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Oh, is there any way to transfer save progress from Android to steam and vice versa?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Tann posted:

You can transfer achievements/unlocks via device clipboard in ledger-unlocks

Oh right, i even did that from phone to phone and completely forgot. Cheers and good luck with the sales!

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Yeah, HLD is design perfection and one of my top 10, and Solar Ash was... pretty good! with some really neat ideas. It's a sequel only in style and world though. I'm really curious which kessons they learned in regards to Breaker.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Cucumbers posted:

I put 20 hours or so in Inkbound, and I'm kind of done with it.
It suffers too much from that thing where once you get a successful build mid-run, your feedback loop is gets strong that the rest of the run falls over at your mere presence.
Does it get better at higher ranks?

I'm at 11 and currently doing the late starship quests, and the game is really nicely pushing back. Every now and again I pick up a faceroll combo, but I want those to happen. Really enjoying it on my end, it's very noticeably by the Monster Train devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Got Hades the second it dropped, and I am now going to luxuriate in it for the the next 3 years. One or two runs a day, taking my time with world and VO, this is one of the ones where it's worth slowing down.