Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalaxyBounce
May 3, 2009

Bogart posted:

What's that in development game with the phobia mechanics? Like this dude could crack and develop a fear of rats or he could become a RAT DESTROYER. And there was kind of a comic book style?

Darkest Dungeon.

It looks nifty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalaxyBounce
May 3, 2009
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Invisible Inc is coming out today. It's a pretty cool hacker inspired kinda roguelike by the team that did Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243970/

GalaxyBounce
May 3, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I could just use some basic starting point tips. I know stealth is good, there's no kill xp etc. but I just flail around and die really quickly both avoiding fights and fighting. I feel like I'm playing Sol without knowing about the near walls/ standing still stealth bonuses again.

There's some good guides on the official forum that are still relevant: https://www.gridsagegames.com/forums/index.php?topic=412.0

The Discord channel #cogmind in roguelikes is very active and the players there are helpful.

Also there's a significant new update on the way that reworks combat hacking so is a good time to jump back into the game.

GalaxyBounce
May 3, 2009
Got my first Path of Achra win on my 3rd game. My strategy was mostly stand still and blast things with my mind, or pray and teleport away if in danger.