Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Tekopo posted:

I've had that issue when attempting to get people interested in Napoleon's Triumph/Guns of Gettysburg: most people I know do not have interest at all in Napoleonics/ACW. Or, for that matter, the COIN operations in Colombia.

Let's face it: we're gigantic history nerds. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Don't worry, guys. My comment about us all being history nerds was tongue-in-cheek. :v:

The General posted:

Give me a wargame with elves and poo poo :colbert:

Besides the above-mentioned Wizard Kings, there's GMT's upcoming Fury that's based off Manoeuvre though it looks like it's gonna take awhile since it's hasn't broke the P500 target since quite some time.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

cenotaph posted:

Europe is currently out of print but the BGG marketplace has some for very reasonable prices. Let us know if you pick it up. I'd be happy to answer questions, etc.

It's getting reprinted in December, as per their monthly update that came out today.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Tekopo posted:

Anyone up for Cuba Libre? Rulebook and Vassal modules are available now!

I would if I didn't have to drive to Los Angeles tomorrow. :smith:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

The General posted:

How are the Combat Commanders? I've seen them around, and they have big impressive boxes.

They're mostly empty. :ssh:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Tekopo posted:

I think you need to buy those separately: thank god I have a ton of spare plastic bags for all the games that don't have them.

My copy of CC:E came with a free counter tray... which I ended up using for my copy of Eclipse.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Anyone wanna try and finish our hanging AA/Cuba Libre games on Vassal this weekend? :D

Edit: also can any of you guys recommend a really good samurai war game

Look up Sekigahara, Samurai (GMT), Samurai Battles, or Ran.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

I would guess CSI.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I ended up getting Space Empires 4X, Navajo Wars, and Urban Sprawl from the GMT sale. Eh, for $20 Urban Sprawl seems like a decent deal.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

SavageMessiah posted:

I'm so close to getting Space Empires but my will still holds firm.

A better man than I. :unsmith:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

Playing Twilight Struggle with my wife tonight. Is there anything I should point out to her that could possibly ruin the experience for a first time player? I've only played it twice myself so I'm not really sure.

Don't play "CIA Created" or "Lone Gunman" at DEFCON 2.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
The big ones I can think of are Multi-man Publishing's A Most Dangerous Time, and GMT's Samurai and Ran. MMP will be having a Black Friday sale tomorrow and AMDT is going to be on it for $36. Nevermind, it passed already. Oops, it seems it's still on.

VoodooXT fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 28, 2014

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

GMT sale to start on Oct. 18 @ Noon (Pacific)

Really? I thought they said they were doing it tomorrow on the 16th.

EDIT: Ah, saw it on their Twitter. They should announce that on their site. I loving hate Twitter and avoid it as much as possible.

VoodooXT fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 16, 2018

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

GMT Sale Update

Sale starts at 1PM Pacific. Goes until midnight October 25.

Sale is open to anyone/everyone (no matter what you've ordered in the past), but everyone is limited to a maximum 20 game order.

All in-stock games will be 50% off.

Sales Code: GMTSale2018

Did everyone just crash their site? :smith:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

How do we know what's "in stock"?

There's an option for in-stock games in their games section.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I have everything I want in my cart, but some of the quantities I need to change (some of them I have 2 of them).

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
It's getting to the point where I'm feeling I should just give up on this sale.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Well, got back in with the sale code and now I'm trying to submit my order.

EDIT:

And it finally got through. Ended up getting 1846, Next War: Taiwan, Crown of Roses, the Here I Stand 500th Anniversary upgrade kit, and the new card deck for No Retreat. I'll see how things go later in the week, I might decide to pick up Next War: India-Pakistan.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
Lol same, it came in yesterday but just picked it up today. My order still says it hasn’t been shipped. Nice going, GMT.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Tekopo posted:

Most wargame company are probably filled with chuds, or they will assume that most of their clientelle is chuds, which honestly is not very far off the mark.

I was gonna mention the owner of Victory Point Games was a turbochud (he made some huge rant about California when he moved the company to another state) but then I discovered that Victory Point Games went under.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I've been wanting to get into hex and counter wargames for a while but I always feel intimidated by some of these rules sets. :smith:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Sleekly posted:

India/Pakistan was my first wargame. It is a lot to chew on but dont be afraid. Its pretty accesible with patience and rules lookups. I wanted a game with nukes tbh and got a whole lot more.

there are a shitload of rules explanations and playthroughs for all of them on youtube too.

I own NW: I/P :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Cessna posted:

If you like GMT's GBOH series:

Also its sequel: