Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Helushune posted:

Turns out my predecessors knew absolutely nothing about group policy but that didn't stop them from trying. Originally I found no less than 45 policies in the root and then they were just linked/delinked according to which OU they were being applied to (but not always). Today I was digging a bit deeper in an effort to clean up our extremely messy group policy tree and found several calls to a series of batch files which run a windows build of PHP off a different server who's sole job was to have a share with php.exe in it which then called back to various random shares on the group policy server and applied various registry files.
:psypop:

The last one I looked at before I left for the day attempted to modify Internet Explorer's version string to spoof some old version of Firefox.

I had a customer whose backups kept failing, somehow. The backups of various network drives were failing because the service account was locked out.

The call eventually gets up the tree to me. I start digging through logs and I find out that the service account's password was being reset AND locked. I fixed the password and unlocked it, but a few minutes later it started failing again. Account was again locked out with a password reset.

Eventually, I find the weirdest drat thing. There was a script in Scheduled tasks that checked an Access database that stored all username/password combos. If the user wasn't in the database, it locked the account. If the password didn't meet complexity requirements, it reset the password.

The service account wasn't in the Access database and thus was getting locked. Its password wasn't complex enough and was getting reset (to "NoBadPassword4U!" lol).

I disabled the scheduled task and all was well. For a while. The guy called back the next day: it happened again.

Long story short, there was a GPO existed that ensured this script was added as a scheduled task to all machines on the domain and set to run every 5 minutes.

No one knew who set this up, or at least, no one would fess up. Rather than disable it or figure it out, the customer added the service account as a local user instead of a domain user. Because, you see, this convoluted script/database/GPO monster only did all that crazy poo poo for domain users.

It didn't give a gently caress about local accounts.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sales people are the bane of my life. Or maybe it's just this one pod of them. I don't know.

A year after my startup was acquired, the Sales teams are still asking the same questions. It's the same three topics. Always. I've spent hours walking them through these questions.

I get three or four inquiries a day from this team.

Then when I tell them something like, "No, we don't support that", they'll start asking other people. People who have no idea what they're doing. Then someone finally says "maybe?" because they don't know. Sales guys immediately run to the phones and call all these customers telling them that "Yes, we can do that now!", sell boatloads of lies, all while saying things like "And here we thought we couldn't do that, because ConfusedUs said so. BUT LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY WE JUST MADE gently caress YEAH!"

No, we loving can't do that. The feature doesn't exist. Even if we approved it today (not happening), it would take weeks to implement and roll out, if not longer. Get ready to refund all that money you just made.

Sales motto: Over promise, under deliver, pass the blame.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Anybody here use Bomgar for remote support?

I alternately love it and hate it. We use it for our corporate customer support.

I love how simple it is to get connected with a customer. Send them an email link or a session key. They download and run the client. Boom, I'm in. And once I'm in, it tends to Just Work.

I don't like using it to transfer sessions, though. I don't know if our IT guys set it up wrong or what, but all of our logged-in agents are only listed by their first name. There's NO way to tell two Sams apart, or two Erics. Sucks because I'm one of the duplicates. There's a 50/50 chance that a session someone tries to transfer to me ends up in the wrong place. And my duties are literally like no one else's: if it doesn't get to me, it doesn't get fixed.

Also, it seems to randomly use a lot of resources on the clients' machines. Once in a while I have a customer's machine that drat near locks up using it. CPU and memory usage go through the roof.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

gently caress that. I work from home and I'm in my bath robe right now. And I'm more productive than any of my coworkers.

:colbert:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ConfusedUs posted:

gently caress that. I work from home and I'm in my bath robe right now. And I'm more productive than any of my coworkers.

:colbert:

Can I brag? Because, while sitting in my bathrobe, my boss called me up and offered me an additional $22k/year with only a minor shift in responsibility. The shift is good (less of the stuff I don't like, more of the stuff I'm good at), and I'll have a chance to delve into some new tech I'm not familiar with.

I took on several big projects in the last six months and now I'm getting rewarded for it.

Hell yeah!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

blackswordca posted:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why. The client hasn't been happier, and the ticket load has been cut to 1/3rd of where it was when I started here full time.

You act as if facts have anything to do with the actions of your employers.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

fivre posted:

"can u give me a call 555-555-5555 we are about to start the push"

Oh sure gonna get right on that.

Remember to breathe, and don't push unless the doctor tells you.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cluster size is starting to become A Thing at work for me. Customers buy drives to use for their backups, and a lot of newer drives use 4k clusters.

Sadly, almost all of my customers are still using Server 2003/2008.

4k drives are only fully supported by Windows 8 and Server 2012 (for Windows). Something less than 3% of my customers use Win8/2012. The other 97%, if they buy a 4k drive, will often experience random failures and other problems, because their OS isn't compatible with the drive that they bought.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sirotan posted:

I tried to send in a ticket....

But when I hit submit, I get an angry red message that says:

"Description must have at least 0 and no more than 256 characters."

:what: It's like the Twitter version of tech support. I then spent 5min trying to paraphrase my problem and troubleshooting steps I'd already taken into their dumb form.

That's dumb as hell.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I hate Access so much.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Edit: SALR somehow posted this in the wrong thread.

Content: I hate call center metrics. They're a blight when taken to extremes...and every call center takes them to extremes eventually.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My company was recently purchased by a larger one, and we're in the process of switching support structures from our existing (free-form, collaborative, fixing-it-right-is-better-than-fixing-it-fast) support structure to the new parent company's, which is highly focused on metrics.

It's been a disaster. The first guy they trained over there got railed on for his poor metrics with the new product, daily.

But the simple fact is that our product is far, far more complicated than the existing one. Ten minute calls simply don't exist for our product(s). Hell, it can take over an hour, on a simple system, to do a full configuration and initial testing.

Even I, who has more customer-facing experience with my product than anyone, could not meet their metrics. I couldn't come close.

Eventually the guy they trained over there, the one that was hand-picked for his ability, dedication, and general all-around awesomeness, was let go because of this metrics bullshit.

That was two months ago. There's not a day goes by I don't wish I had him back. There are now 10 people doing the job he did. They try hard, but none of them have his ability.

I turned down a couple of opportunities to go work directly in that department because of this metrics bullshit. I'm glad I did--I have a much more interesting and less stressful position now after an internal promotion a couple of weeks ago.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sickening posted:

Corporate mergers and buyouts are never pretty from what I have had experience with. The buying company employees are going for the kill because they don't want new talent to affect them and the bought employees are freaking out because their world is being turned on end. The worst things about corporate life are then brought to 11.

I won't hesitate to reach for the door the next time any company I work for us bought.

Surprisingly, things are going really well, outside of product support, which is a complete and total clusterfuck.

All of the engineering, marketing, and sales teams have been left largely alone. Total attrition in my company is less than 10% since it was bought. We lost our HR director, a sales manager, and a developer. Maybe a couple others. Only one of those was a direct layoff as a result of the buyout. The others may have left anyway.

We basically are carrying on as before, except we're building a new branch of the product with the parent company's branding. We have more resources (why yes, please, forward your test automation scripts to us!) and such.

Our support reps are basically being shunted or promoted into engineering/test positions where they can work at a high level while fielding escalations from the (dozens of) new peons in basic support.

It's just that communication with the support folks (and especially their management) is a mess. Support is so ridiculously metrics focused that every single discussion bogs down in minutia. If we can even have a discussion at all.

Mid-level managers have to justify every minute they or their people spend working on the integration. High-level management won't implement a single policy without numbers to back it up--numbers we don't have because we never tracked them. And they won't run a test in their environment to /get/ the numbers they need. They want numbers to justify the numbers so their numbers continue to say the right things.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

fivre posted:

And to think I almost took the support role there... Granted, I probably would have moved more into engineering/test since the position they offered was 50/50 anyway, and I got fired from the job I took instead 2 months later, but whatever.

Where I am now seems to have survived the buyout phase (long before I got here) fairly well, in that we avoided getting moved to a tiered system and while there are metrics, management doesn't seem to do much with them beyond email them out. Presumably they get more use in consumer product support, I don't really know.

If you were one of my referrals, well, the support role you were originally applying for was with my group (the good side) and not the bullshit I went on about above. I've never referred someone to work directly in the parent company's support department. And I probably never will.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

God of Mischief posted:

Those are the easiest numbers to come up with, especially if you never tracked them. Make poo poo up and get some other people to make up supporting numbers. Make sure that the numbers for the budget are at least double than you actually need and numbers for metrics that they track are low enough to pass judgement and high enough that you won't kill yourself later.

We actually gave them numbers that were slightly inflated. We were told that they were "ridiculous" and there was "no way anything takes that long". Our "worst case scenario" numbers weren't even considered.

Now, six months later, they're faced with the reality that everything is taking about 50% longer than our projected "worst case scenarios" because they didn't spend any time or money on training the new peons.

They basically took our product and our customers, ignored everything we told them, and are now ridiculously over-budget and under-performing because they ignored everything.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that directly anymore.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tech companies in Silicon Valley--especially startups--tend to have really loose rules for alcohol and stuff. Very laid back and chill atmosphere. As long as you do your job no one cares if you've had one or two (or half a dozen).

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Oh hey, remember my complaints about the support department a couple pages ago?

All of those upper management types I complained about were let go. Total wipeout.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. ;)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Most cities have laws in place to prevent grills and similar devices within a certain distance (10' is common) of occupied multi-residence and office buildings.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rohaq posted:

This. This is like a goddamned unicorn. Hold onto this moment forever.

No kidding.

Like I said before, I'm not directly in the same department, but I interface heavily with them. Morale has been terrible for months, hemorrhaging talent like crazy.

Yesterday it was a party atmosphere. Today, it still is. This was a real chop-the-head-off-the-snake kind of move too. Of all the people who got the axe, the least important had a Director's title.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm sort of new to IT, but at some point doesn't it become more cost effective to transfer everything to a physical medium and mail or even personally deliver the data?

Yes.

http://what-if.xkcd.com/31/

Edit: beaten

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 16, 2013

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

So this Cryptolocker thing is floating around and really picking up steam:
http://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/1mizfx/proper_care_feeding_of_your_cryptolocker/

gently caress the people who wrote this thing. It's simple, evil, and they're going to make some bank.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

wintermuteCF posted:

:yotj: Year of the Job time! :yotj:

tl;dr version: 56% pay raise over my old desktop lead role at a new company to administrate Active Directory and Exchange for a fairly large energy company. Closer to home, pretty flexible hours, no direct user contact (only escalations from helpdesk), more interesting work, and a boatload more money. It's also nice to get back into the swing of things after six months off from my last job (was finishing up my bachelors degree).

I'm so pumped I can barely see straight!

gently caress yeah good job man

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Vin BioEthanol posted:

So dumb question, I've seen desktop guys in here talking about telling users "don't give me your password".

Whenever I need to be on as a user I have to get their password, and that's standard for all desktop guys at my company, what are you all doing? resetting it to something and giving them the new pw you set? Or is there a way to make a temporary second "technician" password? Something's come up recently that I'm thinking of asking my boss to look into alternatives to our s.o.p.

Really? You do that? And people actually give you the passwords?

That's awful security.

Yes there are ways around it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

drukqs posted:

New record phone bill by our international sales director guy

ELEVEN GRAND month before last
TEN GRAND last month.

Apparently AT+T blames him for enabling roaming data (which is tied to enabling roaming calls) and using 8300mb.

21 thousand dollars for 8.3GB?

That's loving ridiculous. Expected--it's AT&T--but ridiculous nonetheless.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TWBalls posted:

July 2015. I looked this up the other day because some lovely vendor wants us to set up 2 R620s running 2003... 32bit. gently caress GE and their lovely Muse program.

I cannot loving /wait/ for July 2015 so we can stop trying to fix people's lovely 2003 servers.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AlexDeGruven posted:

You say that like there won't be some business critical app that hasn't been updated since 1999 running on 2003 somewhere that will gently caress up royally on 8/1/15.

I don't do general purpose IT. I work with a particular app, and we'll phase out support for 2003 when Microsoft does.

Seriously, server 2003 machines are like 70% of our support cases. The vast majority of those have nothing to do with my app, but are related to general system instability.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Working from home can have its disadvantages. I worked all day yesterday. It was slower than usual but not outside the norm.

Turns out yesterday was a paid holiday, and I was the only member of my team to work. drat it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

A awesome ticket came in, Cryptolocker. Spotted the symptoms of it on the FS, but was delayed like 1.5 hrs going through "processes"

Call comes in
:newlol:"yeah can't open files on \\X\Y\Z.xlsx" Says X is corrupt or not the original file type.
:v: "lemme get remoted in here and see what is going on
I see about 40 files changed each modified by $user$ within seconds of each other, basically I realize the user has something on their computer causing this, no one could have done that fast.
:v: Okay I need to check something server side can I stay connected and just give you a ring back in 5 minutes.

Hey Bossman I think X has something up with their server, mind checking me on my thoughts here?
:geno: Oh okay.
:v: -Semi-long-yet-quick rant explaining why I think it is malicous software-
:geno: Uhh we can't jump to that, can you open the file or others?
:v: Like I said in $rant$ no
:geno: Oh let's go through a 35-45 minute long process while cryptolocker infects it.
:v: but I really feel we should look at the pc of $username$?
:geno: Dilbert do you even hear what you are saying? You are basically saying that the malicious software bypassed Microsofts Office 365 security settings, I could see on their domain with their old poo poo but this is the cloud. Just do what I say there is no use for us to remote in for 2 hours hunting down something it may not be!
:bang: I-... Okay I'll do the process
:geno: well nothing I said worked, remote to the users PC and see if files you upload are encrypted
:v: finally!
-remote in-
:geno: See no crypto-
:v: Look the user just tried to hide it I told you this was malicious software! It's Cryptolocker!
:geno: How'd you know so fast? We didn't go through my the process.
Apparently O365 migrations mean everything wrong with Permissions and such are instantly fixed and nothing bad happens! Some people need to take some security classes and understand Windows Filesystems

I'm no fan of reddit, but this is really the best consolidated resource for Cryptolocker stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/1mizfx/proper_care_feeding_of_your_cryptolocker/

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I like this source, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507240/crypto-locker-malware-removed-files-still-encrypted/

They may be assholes on that forum but drat their poo poo works well.

The information is much more spread out at bleepingcomputer.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

So does paying the 300 dollars or nominal fee work?

I suggested it as Cost*Tech_hours=< 300; but yeah the PC got completely wiped before the powers that be go "oh could we have done that?"

By all reports, yes it works. It can take a while; they process the payments manually.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

blackswordca posted:

So a bunch of emails came in.

Apparently eight of our clients got hit with Cryptolocker this morning. Most of them have proper backups but it is looking like one or two do not. Some of the other techs have been emailing back and fourth about how to decrypt the files without paying the ransom. My reply of "Unless you can crack RSA-2048 encryption, you aren't" got me in trouble for being 'non-helpful"

gently caress whoever thought that wasn't helpful.

Please tell them that you were helping the company save money on pursuing an impossible course of action.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

blackswordca posted:

Was the same manager as always, i think i just wont reply to these email threads anymore.

There's no one in this thread who wants you to YOTJ out of there more than I. Good luck.

Anyway, when it comes to Cryptolocker, you really only have two courses of action:

1) Restore backups. Shadow copies, Windows Server Backup, Symantec, Carbonite, whatever. Anything with versioning should be okay.
2) Pay them. It'll take a while, but it actually works.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

teethgrinder posted:

Frankly I'm surprised they're only asking for $300, and that businesses are resistant to just paying it to get back their ESSENTIAL THIS IS AFFECTING PRODUCTION UNBACKED-UP files.

(I understand them being skeptical and not wanting to deal with criminals, but I somehow doubt the latter is actually a consideration.)

It's loving genius, like everything else about Cryptolocker. Awful, terrible, evil genius.

The people most affected by this are the ones too cheap to pay a thousand bucks (or a few thousand bucks, whatever) for some sort of basic backup. If Cryptolocker people charged much more than $300, these cheapskates wouldn't pay them either.

I think $300 is about the most Cryptolocker could charge without seeing a massive drop-off in people who paid. Make a little less per person, but have many more victims who do pay.

The fact that they actually DO decrypt your poo poo is likewise genius. Word of mouth spreads, and more people pay in the end!

Cryptolocker is built by some pretty smart people, and they're adapting to get around most of the common blocks, like those GPOs that block poo poo in \AppData\. I read today about a new variant that runs in the %TEMP% folder and blocking that would block all sorts of applications.

I think they're bastards, and deserve to have their faces rubbed into a cheese grater, but I can't help but admire it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sirotan posted:

Jesus loving christ. Just yesterday I sent out two emails to the entire company cautioning them not to click on links or attachments they might get in their email that looks suspicious. Less than 24 hours later I get *2* emails forwarded from the CEO complaining she can't open an email with an attachment, subject "See what i uploaded for you!!!", and a link to http://totallyobvioussmalwaresite.tk. The first one she even got a rejection email citing 'spam', and still tried to open it.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Enjoy your future cryptolocker infestation.

Check your backups, now, because some idiot is going to infect your network.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Whales posted:

We got a guy come in with a dead thin client today, and judging by the smell it had overheated and something had died.

I know exactly the smell you're talking about, too. Get one whiff of the magic smoke, and you never forget.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

KillHour posted:

It's really... odd actually. The cameras are pointed at digital signage. The company needs a way to prove that the displays are showing what they're supposed to when they're supposed to, so they are recording all 10,000 displays they have, and having the video compared against what SHOULD be displayed there. They want to store the data all at the same place so they can have people "forensically analyze" the feeds (their words, not mine) in their NOC to make sure everything's correct. It's basically one of the craziest requests I've ever had.

What? The gently caress?

I have nothing constructive to add.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

KillHour posted:

Give this man a prize.

So, I can't talk too much about it, but apparently the current idea is "Record at <1 FPS to an SD card on the camera." The problem? They don't want to shell out for a VMS that supports SD recording for that many cameras (Milestone Corporate), so they're going to log into each camera individually with a web browser, download the file (over 3G), and play it locally. :suicide:

Did I mention that this is for over 10,000 cameras?

I'm going to try to talk them into something sane.

Jesus Christ.

Are they expecting someone to manually do the login/download thing? If so, calculate the wages they'll spend on someone to do that vs the cost of automating.

I bet it'll pay for itself quickly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

GreenNight posted:

No it's not. An intranet page should be functional enough so that a user doesn't need a half dozen shortcuts on their desktop of all places. Bookmarks? What's that? Users who already have a screen full of shortcuts? Good luck finding the new ones.

Rule #1 for Clueless Users:
If it's not on the desktop, it doesn't exist.

Rule #2 for Clueless Users:
If you change their desktop, they will hate you.

You're hosed no matter what, buddy, but there is a valid use case here. :)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Backups can be complex to troubleshoot.

Events are a great place to start, and the NTFS disk errors you found are an even better place. I've lost track of the number of times I've had to tell a client that no, his backups to a disk won't work until the disk itself is fixed or replaced. Kinda hard to write to a failing disk, you know.

Good luck with your new responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Paladine_PSoT posted:

On the plus side, you know the warning signs.

This.

When they ask you if you have questions, you should give them a "hypothetical" situation that is out of your scope and ask how they'd deal with it.

• Locked thread