Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
If you go for the $20 level and add $15 ($35 plus any shipping) you can get the boxed set instead, which includes the three dice from the $30 level dice as well as tokens, character sheets, miniatures, and some kind of bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

inklesspen posted:

The $25 level includes only the book, not shipping costs. Since drivethrurpg has printing facilities in the UK, it's cheaper that way for UK people.

quote:

INTERNATIONAL SPEARBEARER - A code to get the B&W softcover print from Drive-Thru RPG at-cost. Also includes the full-color PDF and any of the digital stretch goals that are unlocked. This tier is designed for International backers. Backers will pay for shipping when they place their order via DTRPG.

My reading is that the $25 level lets you buy it at-printing-cost from DTRPG, so you'll still be paying for printing the book and shipping after paying the $25.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
That's not what print at-cost means though (as someone who's sold a DTRPG PoD product in the past). Could someone seek clarification in the Kickstarter comments?

Edit: From the FAQ

quote:

YES! I'll be printing the stretch goal books through DTRPG the same as the core book. Each stretch goal book in softcover will be an additional $30 USD. If you're International, add another $20 for each book (you'll get a code and pay for printing and shipping yourself just like the core book, so the costs are equivalent).

UrbanLabyrinth fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 16, 2014

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Probably a full discount coupon to whoever will handle shipping, and then you have to pay for shipping. It's not a bad idea for an independent author to farm that part of the fulfilment out.

We had this discussion about Iron Edda a few weeks ago: as someone who has a POD product on rpgnow/dtrpg, there was no way last time I checked to order a print copy for less than the printing cost + shipping, so that's the cheapest he could give a coupon for as far as I know.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Carteret posted:

I didn't get this email, and there is no mention on Kickstarter's front page. Are you getting hosed by a phisher?

https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/important-kickstarter-security-notice

Looks genuine, but I didn't get an email either.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
My list in chronological backing order
Dog Eat Dog: Received, wonderful, will probably never play it.
The Doom That Came To Atlantic City!: Hahahahahaha. Supposedly coming soon though.
Dungeon World: A Game with Modern Rules & Old-School Style: Received and very happy.
Better Angels -- A Hell of a Roleplaying Game by Greg Stolze: Again arrived, beautiful, will probably never play it.
13th Age expansion book: 13 True Ways: Still waiting...
tremulus: a storytelling game of lovecraftian horror: As mentioned above, a big heavier than expected, seems to lose some of the fluidity of PBtA games. Plus, Black Stars Rise is free.
Rusty the Rust Monster - Plush Toy: Delayed by legal action, but oh so cute!
Medieval Village for 28mm Gamers: Ordered way too much of this, still haven't assembled it. Oops.
Professor Pugnacious: Still waiting for the Australia shipment to make it to Melbourne.
Dice Rings: Arrived and fine, for a gimmick thing.
Dragon's Hoard: Still waiting.
Seattle Doomsday Map: Very pretty, on time, no complaints.
Futuristic Metal Coins or Victory Tokens: Slow to arrived, but all received.
Dungeon Roll - A Dicey Dungeon Delve: Arrived eventually, have only played once (solo).
STORY WAR : The Storytelling Party Game: Arrived, still haven't played it. Not sure if I will.
Coup - bluff & deception in the world of The Resistance: Arrived without drama and with all the ordered extras. Gets a lot of play.
MYTH: Still in the works, shipping in soonish.
Inverse World: A Dungeon World Sourcebook: PDF just arrived, hardcopy in process.
Monsterhearts Second Skins: As discussed above, slow but still coming.
Xia: Legends of a Drift System: You're not the only one! Looking forward to this one when it arrives.
Council of Verona -You Influence the World of Romeo & Juliet: Arrived without issues, but don't love the game.
THE AGENTS - A Double-edged Cards Game: Actually a lot of fun, other than super-slippery cards.
Three Days Until Retirement: A Game About Cops On The Edge: Almost ready to ship I think.
404: Law Not Found: PDF only, released quickly.
Marrying Mr. Darcy - the Pride and Prejudice Card Game: PDF as well, received.
Dungeon Roll - Winter Promo Pack: Still waiting.
Templar Intrigue - A Werewolf type game by @tastyminstrel: Not due yet, but got an update today.
CALL OF CATTHULHU -- DeLUXE!: Waiting, haven't heard anything for a while.
Pirate World: the explosive Dungeon World/Fate sourcebook!: Not due yet.
Coin Age - A PAY-WHAT-YOU-WANT area control microgame: Not due yet.
Elevenses - The Card Game of Morning Tea: Not due yet.

Also, holy crap I've put a lot of money into TG kickstarters.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
A kickstarter for Coup: Reformation has been launched.

(with a bunch of typos and no actual description of the contents of the expansion)

UrbanLabyrinth fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 31, 2014

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Kai Tave posted:

With The Doom That Came to Atlantic City? The guy that Keith Baker was working with who he entrusted with the production/distribution side of things took all the Kickstarter money and basically spent it on a completely unrelated venture while Baker and the other person working on the project thought that he was simply having the game produced. Here's an article that sums it up. It raised $122,000, Keith Baker saw none of it, and there's zero chance that any of the backers will ever get their money back since the guy who blew it all has a history of sketchy business practices.

The happy ending is that Cryptozoic Games stepped up and said that they'd actually produce the game anyway. It won't be the super-deluxe version some people pledged for but it's at least getting made.

They've already done so, in fact. I received my copy in Australia a few weeks ago.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's the cost for getting a copy of everything in the KS, including the two KS-exclusive expansions and the add-on characters. The base game (and stretch goal stuff that isn't the expansions/add-ons) is $55 shipped internationally.

Nope, it's $55 (Canadian) +$15-25 for shipping.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Same! Was the item listed as "Two Supers"?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

NTRabbit posted:

"One Super" for me.

I'm going through my list of outstanding projects with physical items, and I'm drawing a blank. I've got a bunch I can put a line through because they're not coming from the US, a bunch which are still a work in progress, and I'm left with a shortlist that doesn't make any sense.

The only thing that might fit would be part 2 of story war?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
So my copy of Xia: Legends of a Drift System arrived today (90 updates later - the creator really knows how to run a communicative Kickstarter). Has anyone had a chance to try it?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

King Burgundy posted:

I don't think the boat with mine on it has even hit shore yet. Pretty sure you are on the early end of things. :) Let us know how it plays.

I will if I can find the time/players! It's a relatively wordy rulebook, so I haven't had the chance to digest it yet.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Didn't he say annotate, not narrate?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Paranoia Kickstarter is live!

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Hey BL, is there any option for group-buying a few copies for those of us overseas? Shipping is quite reasonable, but figured I'd ask anyway.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Melbourne, Australia. We gave a decent boardgames community here, and there's a Facebook group that coordinates group buys to cut down on the heinous shipping charges we sometimes face.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Iris of Ether posted:

Some of my buddies launched a new Adventure Card Game today that seems to pair the mechanics and feel of both the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game and Betrayal at House on the Hill:

Given that both games are considered to be pretty poor mechanics-wise, this isn't a flattering comparison.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Haha, has GMS deleted the third comment already?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Does anyone have any thoughts on Foe Hunters? At a glance, it looks quite similar to Sentinels of the Multiverse in play structure, but with better art and a fantasy theme.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

gnome7 posted:

Wow I have a lot of oversights on that page. The reason would be because I don't really have a template for my playbooks - when I make a new one, I just save an old playbook page with a new name and then change all the details on the page. And I missed a spot.

The Heir's Companions section starts with "Elven companions" as well.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

clockworkjoe posted:

This looks interesting: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1383113518/tales-of-arcana-roleplaying-card-game

It's got good art and it's only $25 to get a copy.

It's been discussed (fairly unfavourably) from here onwards.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Could anyone post it for non-backers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

clockworkjoe posted:

Thanks! We really appreciate the support. It's actually west of the Mississippi river, but the setting is pretty malleable. We just posted a new podcast about structuring the Kickstarter's stretch goals and whatnot: http://slangdesign.com/rppr/2016/05/game-designer-workshop/game-designer-workshop-episode-12-dream-just-the-right-amount/ -

Keep in mind Caleb and I have been talking about Red Markets since 2013 - we have a whole series on the RPPR podcast about its design and many iterations: http://slangdesign.com/rppr/category/game-designer-workshop/

After the Brutalists campaign, I will post a campaign for Red Markets that I ran earlier this year. It's a great hybrid between a traditional RPG and a storytelling game because it adds in work/life balance (role play scenes with loved ones/dependents to regain humanity/sanity back), team social combat/negotiation (every player, even non-social focused characters can help the negotiator get bonuses when haggling for the price of their next job), and pure survival horror (multiple types of zombies - slow Romero ones, fast running 28 days laters murder machines, and monstrous aberrants with unique abilities).

That looks great, but I'm a little hesitant - Dec 2017 feels like a long way away and in my experience with RPG KS projects the further away the due date (i.e. the less ready-to-release it is) the lower the chance it'll come out on time (or at all). Any particular reason the timeline is so far out?

• Locked thread