Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Haha, HMKFP is all like "yeah, you stay up there, boy. I got all my womens with me here."
It's so great to see them outside again!

Check out the Weedstrut~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for the videos Inveigle & the notes, VS!
I was busy all weekend and missed the cam! I'm so glad I got to experience seeing the apple bobbing!
That footage is pure gold. Hilarious~!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
I keep missing the cam of late cause I end up being away or out when it happens so I'm super thankful for all the pics being posted here! (Especially the close ups!) XD Thanks for posting them Inveigle and thanks for the pumpkin fun VS! Anymore gourds or melons for the chickens in the near future?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
boohoo....I had to go to my in-laws and I missed the cam....again.
Any video clips of the 4-apple challenge, pretty please?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Yay! Thanks for the pumpkin party pics! (Love that Bloop photobomb!)
Did any of them try to jump into (or fall into) the pumpkins?
I had missed the cam by about an hour! Hopefully I'll be able to catch them this weekend!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Something I whipped up:

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Haha, thanks!! Glad you like it.

...and lol@ Fred! Really, they were so much fun to watch and so hapless when the apples did get their starter slice out! XD Thanks so much for the fun!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for letting me peek into your living room! The new camera has amazing clarity and detail~. <3
Looking forward to watching the hatch on the new cam. (Thanks for buying it!)

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for the heads up Miss Indy!
(I was having problems logging in & then the whole channel went down. It's all my fault, guys!!)

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
I'm so excited!!! <3
Ahhhh!!!!
Really want those Bear eggs to hatch!!!!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Hey, I have a question for anyone who was watching Chickam on Saturday.

Apparantly we had a small plane go down in the small mountain range nearby, the pilot was killed.
http://www.ktvn.com/story/24928105/deadly-plane-crash-near-carson

I remembered hearing a small plane circling low and slow, it was loud, sputtering and sounded strange (but I never heard it stall). I heard it over the cam as well, and thought that others also may have. They are trying to figure out when it went down, but the nearest I can get is sometime between 1PM and 3PM that I heard it.

Anyone else hear the plane and remember about what time it was?

I unfortunately was in and out as well and didn't hear the plane. I'm sorry to hear what happened though. Gosh.
Sorry I can't be much help there.

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
O_O That Cam...
Bear is going Pringles on you: "Once you pop, you can't stop"!!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

CamAmBear?

Too cheesy? :v:

lol!! I was thinking about that exact name too & was pondering if the cheese factor was too strong to submit as a proposed name! XD

Cam, I hope you're treating your woman right!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
I hope all is well!!

ohhh....frizzles and americaunas~!!
It seems like Bear is trying to make up for all the non-egg-laying years! I tell my husband about it and he's goes:
"All the green eggs are gonna hatch and it'll zombie chicken apocalypse. Weedcat will be the first one to go down because, like in all horror movies, the sexiest person is the first one to go."

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Getting ready to candle Hatch A right now, I'm going to try and stream it on the Chickam UStream channel. Fingers crossed for chicks!

:henget:
EDIT: OK, we have 4 viable, active, squirming embryos! Five more eggs are 'possible/probable' embryos, I should be able to tell better at the next round of candling on the 22nd. Four other eggs were duds that never developed--I did the breakout and all had good, strong shells and air cells, but 3 were infertile and one was fertile but never developed at all.

Hatch B will get it's first candling on the night of the 24th.

:dance: I take some of the possible/probably ones are the Bear eggs?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Submitting name: B.A. Baracus because they pity the fools

unless it's one of Bear's eggs. I'd name him/her Robinson (as in, "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me.")

Would that be ok?

So wait. 4 more Bear eggs. Does that bring the total to 11? 12?? I'm starting to lose count!

Phaena fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 28, 2014

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Well, it seems Club Flamingo is opening early!

wahhh....so cute <3 You're amazing VS! I hope that little one grows up to be big & healthy! :3:

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
My Weedcat fan art as promised to VS.
Thanks for the cam~! <3
(Please let me know if you need the better quality version, VS)

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Aw, thanks everyone! :blush:
As for purchasing, I plan to hand over the print-ready artwork to VS and let her do as she sees fit with it. :3

As for the Cam-Jester, I'll see what I can do with that when I get the chance to. ahahaha~

Phaena fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 14, 2014

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Not a problem VS, you do what you have to do!! Being able to watch the cam, for me anyway, is always a bonus! Hope things have eased off for you now. (How's the back?)

As for the shirts & stuff, my husband and I actually have a zazzle store.
However, if you're up to it, I'd rather you run your own store (and make the money to keep for yourself!)
When you've created your store, we can find out which is the preferred file-type and send that file to you.

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Do you have any pics of Wampus, Jerk, Notta, Ratchet, Patches, Ribbit before they were re-homed?
I miss the fluffiness...

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
...and I missed the cam because I was out all day. :(

But yay! Hello Frosty~!! Look at you with that frosty beard~!

Looking forward to the pics!! I miss them lots! :h:

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

LoreOfSerpents posted:

I could only tune in for a little bit, but what I saw was a lot of chickens hiding out in the run. I guess the big yard was scary. :3:

hahaha...aww... Thanks for that update! I bet Weeds was one of the ones hiding!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for posting the vids, inveigle!! It's so good to see (and hear) them again!

...and Frosty!!! Be the sweetheart you were, okay??

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Loving the photos & updates VS! <3
Thank you so much for those!
...and that Cam...
Cam, bam, thank you, ma'am.

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Yay, look what Phaena did! http://www.zazzle.ca/his_majesty_king_fluffy_pants_tee_shirt-235311600791071538
I love it! :keke:

In other news, I had an idea for an interesting thing for this weekend's Chickam...because giving the chickens new things to do is always fun. I asked 12_String to work out the tech side of it and we'll see if it works!

So glad you love it, VS! I want to make sure I had your approval first. :3
(Sorry about the high price of the shirt. Such is the pricing of these print-on-demand sites. I tend to make my purchases when they have sales XD)

and AHHHH! I might miss Chickam this Sat! Hope there'll be a vid or photos of the shenanigans!!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

I do wish they offered it on a coffee cup, though...my Viva la Peep cup needs company.

VS, I'll work on a design that works on a coffee cup!! I need to figure something that'll work on a white background.
Will let you know when that's up!

and Bobbie, AtomikKrab...thanks!!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Oh my gosh, Inveigle, that's an amazing shot! XDDDD
Is that Frosty?

VS, 12_String, will you be doing more from inside the (food) cams in the future?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Aww, thanks VS!!
and thanks for posting the making of the pumpkincam! Looking forward to the video!! XD
(awww the moltitude...)

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

piscesbobbie posted:

Saturday's broadcast was AMAZING! I am so excited for Friday to get here so I can purchase me some fine FanArt, a shirt AND matching coffee mug! Thank you Phaena, your work is amazing!

Aww, thanks, Bobbie!!

You know...every time I see Frosty's face....and his beard...I keep thinking "that's a respectable Playoff Beard right there..."

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
awww, yay! Congrats VS!! They're so cute! Looking forward to seeing them feathery fluff balls on the cam!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

They're doing great! Still bonded to each other and never more than about 6 inches apart, and come running over to us for pets and cuddles whenever we are out there. But very relaxed around the other chickens (even though Frosty is in love with Olive) and fitting in well. :)

uh oh, is this the making of a love triangle? hahaha...oh Frosty. Does CM have anything to "say" about this?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
?!?! A new Roo??? Where from? What kind? What's his name? Pictures please!
I missed him yesterday, but I did catch some egg songs~!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
hahaha!!! Great pic of the new Roo, Inveigle!! (I knew there had to be something different about that Roo! XD )

You can combine the names: Keaton D. Bones !

What does Cam do to him? How does HMKFP feel about the new Roo?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for the pics, VS! What would happen if you put meal worms on top of the "New Roo?"

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
roos + santa hats = awesome
Thank for the pics!!
watching the camera right now but ustream chat isn't working for me (endless loading)
lol...just saw a group of quails waddle by...

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

piscesbobbie posted:

Hi Phaena, try clearing the cache (if that makes any sense).

I tried that but it didn't work. Finally got it to work by opening a secondary window with the ustream link (and then closing the first one) lol?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Oh my gosh....Friizzle, Silkies, Polish...AHHHH!!!! This is gonna be a cute-fest~!!!
Any news on possible quail d'anvers?

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Holy cats, monster storm Friday and serious damage/no power everywhere, another storm moving in today/tonight, so no Chickam this weekend, sorry. We've been without power for two days and it might well go down again.

We are OK, the coop & run started to come apart in the 100 mph winds but 12_String fixed them. So the chickens are safe, if mighty pissed at us for allowing that wind/rain thing to happen. It's ok though, I had to clean out the fridge & freezer after having no power for two days and they got all kinds of goodies.

Chicken goodies FTW!

O_O

After all the chicken goodies they got, did they forget about all of the wind/rain happening?

Please take care!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
Such early pippers! I think, this year, I'll submit Shao Kahn.

• Locked thread